Is Tre gonna go pro early? How about anybody else?

au_weagle

I was thinking, if he has a bowl game like the game he just had, I don't really think his stock could possibly be any higher. Obviously we would still have Marshall, Grant, CAP, and plenty of newcomers (especially Roc).

Other than that, I can't think of any other early leavers, unless there's an O-lineman that has a higher stock than I thought?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really would like to see he and Marshall together for a second year, but that body only has so many hits in it. Gus has ridden him like a the proverbial rented mule the last half of the season. I would not begrudge him if he chose to continue the the tradition of great Auburn RB's in the league.

Tre said he wants the Heisman. He will be back.

Running backs do not carry the high value they once did in the NFL. They get hurt too often in the pro game. Tre will not be drafted I. Round 1. I would guess round 3 or 4. He should stay another year.

Running backs do not carry the high value they once did in the NFL. They get hurt too often in the pro game. Tre will not be drafted I. Round 1. I would guess round 3 or 4. He should stay another year.

What Im saying is, I don't think he'd get any better of a pick if he stayed another year, his stock has to be through the roof after what he did to the last 2 defenses he played.

I was thinking, if he has a bowl game like the game he just had, I don't really think his stock could possibly be any higher. Obviously we would still have Marshall, Grant, CAP, and plenty of newcomers (especially Roc).

Other than that, I can't think of any other early leavers, unless there's an O-lineman that has a higher stock than I thought?

I think Tre answered that. Next year he will be an Auburn Tiger and a candidate for the Heisman. That is his goal. All you closet bammers can give up this campaign. Our guys are staying!

I don't believe this at all. Tre's goal in life is to get better every week. Would love to see him leave with a Heisman under his arm.

Hearing that G-Rob will likely go pro. Saying he is projected at a 1st rounder. He's more likely to do so than Tre

I am not hearing this. He is a sophomore!!!! It would be a bloody shame for him to go pro too soon. Just like the bammer O'liners who stayed for their junior year, he will grow and mature. We need to urge him to use his good sense and stay.

His father is a millionaire so hes not like most kids that leave for the money. I think he returns for 1 more season.

I doubt his family wealth has any influence on his decision. Some parents still expect their children to find their own way and I say that is the biggest gift the parents could give them.

His father is a millionaire so hes not like most kids that leave for the money. I think he returns for 1 more season.

I doubt his family wealth has any influence on his decision. Some parents still expect their children to find their own way and I say that is the biggest gift the parents could give them.

True... but the temptation of the big pay check may not be as tempting if he is used to seeing money...

No matter how good we do, Debbie Downers like this have to come on to throw water on the fire. Can't you let us enjoy the win without trying to entice our players to leave?

No matter how good we do, Debbie Downers like this have to come on to throw water on the fire. Can't you let us enjoy the win without trying to entice our players to leave?

You are strange. What poster is enticing our players to leave? And what player is going to declare for the draft based on what someone posts in a forum?

It would be a mistake for him to return. He's gone. He deserves it.

Agreed. If my sons were faced with this decision I would allow them to make it without influence. With that said I would be disappointed if they did not move forward to provide security for their family regardless of what they might inherit one day. Certain jobs are so important that you forego financial gains, football is not one of them.

:jossun:

no prolem of that, I'll fully support his decision, go to NFL , make him a big name, then come back, just like NewCam, to finish his degree in the spring of 2015 or 2016..... he may get a big ovation in his class.

Barber, Rac and Jonathan Ford ate waiting to be superstars in this offense. Still, you're crazy if you don't think tre sticking around another year would be huge.

It is in the best interest of Tre's body for him to leave early. It is in his best interest of his goal to win the heisman for him to stay. As an Auburn fan I want what is best for the team and its players. I can understand the arguement for him to stay for the team's success next year. I can understand the arguement for him to leave because it IS best for his career as a pro to leave. Tre Mason should make his decision based solely on what makes him happy. Personally, I will be happy with whatever he decides to do.

I am more concerned about the staff. Will there be any attrition? I doubt Lashlee will get a HC job at 30, though it's always possible a mid-major comes calling. Garner and Johnson and Grimes probably aren't leaving. Anyone else?

Archived