Is Tre gonna go pro early? How about anybody else?

au_weagle

Running backs do not carry the high value they once did in the NFL. They get hurt too often in the pro game. Tre will not be drafted I. Round 1. I would guess round 3 or 4. He should stay another year.

What Im saying is, I don't think he'd get any better of a pick if he stayed another year, his stock has to be through the roof after what he did to the last 2 defenses he played.

Agree and like someone has already mentioned....RBs don't have a long shelf life in the NFL and with Tre's size it is probably shorter. Always exceptions to the rule but i would not want Tre staying just to go after a Heisman esp. after winning an SEC and a NC. I would take him saying he wants to come back just for a Heisman with a grain of salt. Yes he wrote it on twitter but that is during the season..emotions are high. After he has had time to think..i hope he does what is best for him and not what Auburn fans want. If he wants to come back and win more championships then cool but i would advise against coming back just for a Heisman.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His father is a millionaire so hes not like most kids that leave for the money. I think he returns for 1 more season.

His father has made a good living but he is NOT swimming in millions. Might want to check that source.

Hearing that G-Rob will likely go pro. Saying he is projected at a 1st rounder. He's more likely to do so than Tre

I am not hearing this. He is a sophomore!!!! It would be a bloody shame for him to go pro too soon. Just like the bammer O'liners who stayed for their junior year, he will grow and mature. We need to urge him to use his good sense and stay.

It is true though. Robinson is the biggest threat out of anyone to leave early. I would love for all these guys to stay but I'm more concerned about what is best for them and NOT what Auburn fans want.

His father is a millionaire so hes not like most kids that leave for the money. I think he returns for 1 more season.

I doubt his family wealth has any influence on his decision. Some parents still expect their children to find their own way and I say that is the biggest gift the parents could give them.

True... but the temptation of the big pay check may not be as tempting if he is used to seeing money...

His dad is NOT a millionare people. Check your sources. His dad isn't P. Diddy....lol. He has done ok but he is not a millionaire. lol.

It is in the best interest of Tre's body for him to leave early. It is in his best interest of his goal to win the heisman for him to stay. As an Auburn fan I want what is best for the team and its players. I can understand the arguement for him to stay for the team's success next year. I can understand the arguement for him to leave because it IS best for his career as a pro to leave. Tre Mason should make his decision based solely on what makes him happy. Personally, I will be happy with whatever he decides to do.

+1

I hope Tre returns. But if you do not think his stock rose 100pts tonight, you were not paying attention!

The world now knows who Tre Mason is. So do NFL scouts

Most Auburn players who have left early have not fared that well at the next level. Some never even got the chance. IMO, Tre and Greg both have the opportunity to break that trend but I would love to see them stay.

Barber, Rac and Jonathan Ford ate waiting to be superstars in this offense. Still, you're crazy if you don't think tre sticking around another year would be huge.

CAP said hello last night as well!!! We would all love Tre back but if he gets some positive news about his draft stock, he should go and run now. Running backs don't always have the longest of careers.

Most Auburn players who have left early have not fared that well at the next level. Some never even got the chance. IMO, Tre and Greg both have the opportunity to break that trend but I would love to see them stay.

If Greg is a first rounder then I say go big boy. Anything less and he needs to stay home another year.

He shouldn't. He plays good in our scheme but not sure he will be NFL caliber or durable. I like that Roc Thomas coming in!

durable? Really....what make you say that? He plays in the toughest, hardest hitting league in all of college football and runs mostly between the tackles and you question his durability.

As much as I would love to see Mason on the back of an AU jersey next year I think he should go pro if he's got a chance. While people say football is a game of inches it is also a game of seconds when it comes to player health. At any second your career can be gone. That's why I support any player at any position from any school going pro at anytime if the got the NFL talent. Tre is a smart kid and he will make the best decision for himself and his future. Also keep in mind if he leaves then it opens a spot for the next kid to step up at RBU and show out.

He shouldn't. He plays good in our scheme but not sure he will be NFL caliber or durable. I like that Roc Thomas coming in!

durable? Really....what make you say that? He plays in the toughest, hardest hitting league in all of college football and runs mostly between the tackles and you question his durability.

Just my opinion. He is a smaller back I hope the best either way. Not many 195 pound rbs in the NFL I believe but not sure

As much as I would love to see Mason on the back of an AU jersey next year I think he should go pro if he's got a chance. While people say football is a game of inches it is also a game of seconds when it comes to player health. At any second your career can be gone. That's why I support any player at any position from any school going pro at anytime if the got the NFL talent. Tre is a smart kid and he will make the best decision for himself and his future. Also keep in mind if he leaves then it opens a spot for the next kid to step up at RBU and show out.

Hard to know for RBs...most have a short career in the NFL.....and AU is set up for another good season next year. Meanwhile, CAP came in for a quick series and showed me that he could be a very adequate replacement for Tre if necessary. CAP's TD dash up the middle was a thing of beauty. RBU is back in business.

It is in the best interest of Tre's body for him to leave early. It is in his best interest of his goal to win the heisman for him to stay. As an Auburn fan I want what is best for the team and its players. I can understand the arguement for him to stay for the team's success next year. I can understand the arguement for him to leave because it IS best for his career as a pro to leave. Tre Mason should make his decision based solely on what makes him happy. Personally, I will be happy with whatever he decides to do.

Nice first post!!!!!!!

Tre said he wants the Heisman. He will be back.

I thought until last night he was gone. But after I heard him say his lifelong dream was to win the Heisman I think he will be back. Should be in the top two at the start of the year. If we can find a replacement for G-Rob (if he goes) and pick up DQ at another receiver spot we might put 100 on someone next year.

All players that leave early THINK they'll make a roster but the lower they're picked in the draft the less stock an NFL team has in them...and the less likely they are to have much of a carrier or even avoid getting cut. If Tre sticks around another year and adds catches to his arsenal (or blocking) his stock may go up. Or he may get hurt of course. If LEGIT predictions show him going first 2 rounds or high 3d round, or if a franchise is really gunning for him, it makes sense for him to go now...if that trumps his Heisman goals.

The man's done his service and done it well for Auburn. Hope he chooses wisely and gets good advise whatever he does..

Just my opinion. He is a smaller back I hope the best either way. Not many 195 pound rbs in the NFL I believe but not sure

There are several, actually, but it doesn't matter because Tre is listed at 205 and runs closer to 210. He's bigger than many NFL RBs. In fact, his measurables are almost identical to one Mr. Emmitt Smith.

If he comes back, Tre is statistically on pace to be the best Auburn RB of all time. His current performance absolutely crushes Ingram's Heisman campaign in '09. Still, our own fans still don't know a thing about him. Unbelievable.

There are several, actually, but it doesn't matter because Tre is listed at 205 and runs closer to 210. He's bigger than many NFL RBs. In fact, his measurables are almost identical to one Mr. Emmitt Smith.

If he comes back, Tre is statistically on pace to be the best Auburn RB of all time. His current performance absolutely crushes Ingram's Heisman campaign in '09. Still, our own fans still don't know a thing about him. Unbelievable.

what they're listed at and what they are aren't = but who cares

So you base your opinions on not being sure? I think I would adjust my posting methodology if I was you. There are posters/experts on here that will eat you alive with that approach.... :big:

Also consider how many carries he got this year... Anything close to that next year seems likely to shorten any potential NFL career by more than one year. People just can't sustain 40+ carries in high impact games.

And if he comes back and splits carries then you've gotta wonder why he came back.

If he gets selected third round and gets a nice signing bonus, I believe it would be selfish of Auburn fans to want him to pass that up.

After Chris Porter, I worry about anyone coming back that might should leave.

With mason given his position and the season he's had I could see it going either way....however teams aren't exactly drafting rbs high anymore. ...as for Robinson I think he needs to stay atleast one more year bc he would most likely improve from a early 2nd late first to a top 5

NFL has become a passing league. Most teams see RBs as plug and play guys. Tre would fit nicely in some NFL offenses though.

Robinson has improved every week. He dominated his guy all night last night. He often had his guy pushed all the way to the other side of the formation.

No matter how good we do, Debbie Downers like this have to come on to throw water on the fire. Can't you let us enjoy the win without trying to entice our players to leave?

You are strange. What poster is enticing our players to leave? And what player is going to declare for the draft based on what someone posts in a forum?

He gets all bent out of shape whenever players leaving early threads come around. There was a thread last week and he was even asking for the mods to lock it.

Robinson is getting some serious looks from the NFL. NFL.com even devoted an entire scouting article to him. If he is considered a first rounder after the BCS game then I will be surprised if he stays. If he is not getting a high first round grade he should stay because he might develop into a top 10 pick and a much bigger starting contract with one more year.

With the amount of carries that we have given Tre lately I think he should go. RBs have the shortest careers of any position and they are rarely drafted in the first round anymore. I am not sure how much he could improve his draft stock next year, and there is always the chance of a tragedy like Marcus Latimore's. If getting the Heisman is a dream of his then of course we would love to see him stay.

I hate to see players leave early when they should not (like Darvin Adams) but in the case of these two I see them going. They can always come back to school and finish their degrees like Cam has. They have been two key players in one of our best seasons ever and I will always thank them for it.

Also consider how many carries he got this year... Anything close to that next year seems likely to shorten any potential NFL career by more than one year. People just can't sustain 40+ carries in high impact games.

And if he comes back and splits carries then you've gotta wonder why he came back.

If he gets selected third round and gets a nice signing bonus, I believe it would be selfish of Auburn fans to want him to pass that up.

After Chris Porter, I worry about anyone coming back that might should leave.

Bingo!

Archived