Jump to content










Is Tre gonna go pro early? How about anybody else?


  • Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#37 AUStew87

AUStew87

    Asst Head Coach

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:47 AM

As much as I would love to see Mason on the back of an AU jersey next year I think he should go pro if he's got a chance. While people say football is a game of inches it is also a game of seconds when it comes to player health. At any second your career can be gone. That's why I support any player at any position from any school going pro at anytime if the got the NFL talent. Tre is a smart kid and he will make the best decision for himself and his future. Also keep in mind if he leaves then it opens a spot for the next kid to step up at RBU and show out.




#38 sevenlee36

sevenlee36

    Professor

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:51 AM

View Postcreed, on 08 December 2013 - 07:39 AM, said:

View Postsevenlee36, on 08 December 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

He shouldn't. He plays good in our scheme but not sure he will be NFL caliber or durable. I like that Roc Thomas coming in!

durable? Really....what make you say that? He plays in the toughest, hardest hitting league in all of college football and runs mostly between the tackles and you question his durability.
Just my opinion. He is a smaller back I hope the best either way. Not many 195 pound rbs in the NFL I believe but not sure

#39 AU64

AU64

    BOT Chairman

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,403 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:54 AM

View PostAUStew87, on 08 December 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

As much as I would love to see Mason on the back of an AU jersey next year I think he should go pro if he's got a chance. While people say football is a game of inches it is also a game of seconds when it comes to player health. At any second your career can be gone. That's why I support any player at any position from any school going pro at anytime if the got the NFL talent. Tre is a smart kid and he will make the best decision for himself and his future. Also keep in mind if he leaves then it opens a spot for the next kid to step up at RBU and show out.

Hard to know for RBs...most have a short career in the NFL.....and AU is set up for another good season next year.  Meanwhile, CAP came in for a quick series and showed me that he could be a very adequate replacement for Tre if necessary.    CAP's TD dash up the middle was a thing of beauty.  RBU is back in business.

#40 msg6367

msg6367

    Royal Rogue Booster

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,197 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:59 AM

View PostTeamofDestiny, on 08 December 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:

It is in the best interest of Tre's body for him to leave early. It is in his best interest of his goal to win the heisman for him to stay. As an Auburn fan I want what is best for the team and its players. I can understand the arguement for him to stay for the team's success next year. I can understand the arguement for him to leave because it IS best for his career as a pro to leave. Tre Mason should make his decision based solely on what makes him happy. Personally, I will be happy with whatever he decides to do.

Nice first post!!!!!!!

#41 bg5

bg5

    Booster

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:04 AM

View PostWarTim, on 07 December 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

Tre said he wants the Heisman. He will be back.
I thought until last night he was gone. But after I heard him say his lifelong dream was to win the Heisman I think he will be back. Should be in the top two at the start of the year. If we can find a replacement for G-Rob (if he goes) and pick up DQ at another receiver spot we might put 100 on someone next year.

#42 aucanucktiger

aucanucktiger

    Poet Laureate

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,520 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:04 AM

View PostAUStew87, on 08 December 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

As much as I would love to see Mason on the back of an AU jersey next year I think he should go pro if he's got a chance. While people say football is a game of inches it is also a game of seconds when it comes to player health. At any second your career can be gone. That's why I support any player at any position from any school going pro at anytime if the got the NFL talent. Tre is a smart kid and he will make the best decision for himself and his future. Also keep in mind if he leaves then it opens a spot for the next kid to step up at RBU and show out.
All players that leave early THINK they'll make a roster but the lower they're picked in the draft the less stock an NFL team has in them...and the less likely they are to have much of a carrier or even avoid getting cut. If Tre sticks around another year and adds catches to his arsenal (or blocking) his stock may go up. Or he may get hurt of course. If LEGIT predictions show him going first 2 rounds or high 3d round, or if a franchise is really gunning for him, it makes sense for him to go now...if that trumps his Heisman goals.

The man's done his service and done it well for Auburn. Hope he chooses wisely and gets good advise whatever he does..
Just Happy To Be Here

#43 McLoofus

McLoofus

    Tenured Professor

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:16 AM

View Postsevenlee36, on 08 December 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

View Postcreed, on 08 December 2013 - 07:39 AM, said:

View Postsevenlee36, on 08 December 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

He shouldn't. He plays good in our scheme but not sure he will be NFL caliber or durable. I like that Roc Thomas coming in!

durable? Really....what make you say that? He plays in the toughest, hardest hitting league in all of college football and runs mostly between the tackles and you question his durability.
Just my opinion. He is a smaller back I hope the best either way. Not many 195 pound rbs in the NFL I believe but not sure

There are several, actually, but it doesn't matter because Tre is listed at 205 and runs closer to 210. He's bigger than many NFL RBs. In fact, his measurables are almost identical to one Mr. Emmitt Smith.

If he comes back, Tre is statistically on pace to be the best Auburn RB of all time. His current performance absolutely crushes Ingram's Heisman campaign in '09. Still, our own fans still don't know a thing about him. Unbelievable.

#44 sevenlee36

sevenlee36

    Professor

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

View PostMcLoofus, on 08 December 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

View Postsevenlee36, on 08 December 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

View Postcreed, on 08 December 2013 - 07:39 AM, said:

View Postsevenlee36, on 08 December 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

He shouldn't. He plays good in our scheme but not sure he will be NFL caliber or durable. I like that Roc Thomas coming in!

durable? Really....what make you say that? He plays in the toughest, hardest hitting league in all of college football and runs mostly between the tackles and you question his durability.
Just my opinion. He is a smaller back I hope the best either way. Not many 195 pound rbs in the NFL I believe but not sure

There are several, actually, but it doesn't matter because Tre is listed at 205 and runs closer to 210. He's bigger than many NFL RBs. In fact, his measurables are almost identical to one Mr. Emmitt Smith.

If he comes back, Tre is statistically on pace to be the best Auburn RB of all time. His current performance absolutely crushes Ingram's Heisman campaign in '09. Still, our own fans still don't know a thing about him. Unbelievable.
what they're listed at and what they are aren't = but who cares

#45 creed

creed

    Booster

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

View Postsevenlee36, on 08 December 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

View Postcreed, on 08 December 2013 - 07:39 AM, said:

View Postsevenlee36, on 08 December 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

He shouldn't. He plays good in our scheme but not sure he will be NFL caliber or durable. I like that Roc Thomas coming in!

durable? Really....what make you say that? He plays in the toughest, hardest hitting league in all of college football and runs mostly between the tackles and you question his durability.
Just my opinion. He is a smaller back I hope the best either way. Not many 195 pound rbs in the NFL I believe but not sure

So you base your opinions on not being sure? I think I would adjust my posting methodology if I was you. There are posters/experts on here that will eat you alive with that approach.... :big:
...living the Creed.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users