2016 3* RB Malik Miller (AU commit 6/11/15)

McLoofus

Update: Malik Miller chooses AU!

"I'm proud, humbled, blessed ... I will be an Auburn Tiger!"

MALIK-MILLER-140317-PRO.JPG

Malik Miller, RB

Madison, AL (Madison Acadamey)

Ht: 5'11 | Wt: 229 | 40: 4.76

- Same HS as AU commit Kerryon Johnson

- Picked up AU offer 3/01/14

- Visited AU 9/14/13, 3/30/14, 4/19/14 (A-Day), 4/18/15 (A-Day)

- Recruiter: Horton

- He rushed for 1,390 yards and 24 touchdowns behind Mr. Football Kerryon Johnson in 2014

- December 2015 grad (Early Enrollee)

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, Mississippi, Mississippi State, North Carolina, Tennessee and Vanderbilt, among others.

247Sports: 3* (No. 1 FB)

ESPN: 4* (No. 1 FB)

Rivals: 4*

Scout: 3* (No. 1 FB)

Hudl Highlights

1436405.jpg

"I'm trying to get down there and talk to Coach (Gus) Malzahn, Coach (Rhett) Lashlee and Coach (Tim) Horton and have fun and have a good time on campus," Miller told AL.com "They're definitely recruiting me the hardest. I'm not leaning toward any school right now, but they're standing out. Every chance they get, they're coming up to my school or calling me or sending me letters."

"(Kerryon Johnson) talks to me about Auburn all the time," Miller said. "Outside of Coach Horton, I think he's the biggest Auburn recruiter. If I'm wearing an Auburn shirt he sends a photo to Coach Horton. If I have another shirt on, he says 'Take that off, I have an Auburn shirt for you.'

"I would definitely like to play with him (in college.) We've had a great high school run together. He's a great teammate and a great guy and I've known him since we were kids. He made the decision that was best for him, and I have to make the decision that is best for me. Auburn may be the place for me, but as of right now I don't know."

http://www.al.com/sp...k_miller_1.html

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you beat me to it... so disheartening..I thought I was finally going to bring information to this site other than my awesome opinions and insight.

Oh man, I wish I knew you had your finger on the trigger. I'd trade this "scoop" for awesome opinions and insight any day. All I have are mediocre opinions and outsight. I'm like the 2012 Auburn Tigers of message boards.

In fact, now that I've bothered to do a modicum of research on the subject, I see that he is the teammate of one Kerryon Johnson, who might be the one our coaches came to visit.

you beat me to it... so disheartening..I thought I was finally going to bring information to this site other than my awesome opinions and insight.

Oh man, I wish I knew you had your finger on the trigger. I'd trade this "scoop" for awesome opinions and insight any day. All I have are mediocre opinions and outsight. I'm like the 2012 Auburn Tigers of message boards.

In fact, now that I've bothered to do a modicum of research on the subject, I see that he is the teammate of one Kerryon Johnson, who might be the one our coaches came to visit.

Hahaha great post man.. honestly I think our coaches are probably there mostly to visit both prospects with a little more emphasis on Kerryon but I'm glad our coaches are really getting it done with these two kids. They will be stars wherever they end up.

Visited both.Miller is RB target for 2016. Already has an offer.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw and spoke briefly with Malik today. Looks like he could suit up for an SEC squad right now. He is going to be a huge recruit very soon. Very impressive.

Many people think he is better than Kerryon, which is scary cause Kerryon is a 5*.

Saw Kerryon today too. If you compare them purely based on physical appearance, you'd say Malik is the more impressive one everytime. Obviously there's more to it than that, but he easily passes the ole "eye test". Kerryon has the build of a DB, Malik has a tailback build.

In any case, it's nice to hear kids of this caliber so excited about Auburn coaches coming by.

• 1 month later...

just watched this kid's sophomore highlights... wow. At first I thought," this kid is kind of chubby".. then I thought, "I'm kind of an idiot, this kid is a beast"

This kid is dynamite. Saw him a couple weeks ago and he looks like he could play in the SEC right now and he's just a 10th grader. Amazing.

He's definitely tough to bring down and has some moves. Maybe it's just the film, but he doesn't look to have that hyperdrive gear to kick into. And there were spots where it looked like he was running out of gas. A year of S&C would do him a world of good. Hope to see him in a Auburn uniform in a couple of years.

He's definitely tough to bring down and has some moves. Maybe it's just the film, but he doesn't look to have that hyperdrive gear to kick into. And there were spots where it looked like he was running out of gas. A year of S&C would do him a world of good. Hope to see him in a Auburn uniform in a couple of years.

He's 15/16 years old on that film, he'll definitely mature and maybe get that extra boost you are referring to.

• 8 months later...

I read some old articles that state he plans to commit before his senior year. Are we still in a good spot with him? I'm thinking we are with Kerryon's verbal commitment but just wondering if anyone knew more at this point.

I read some old articles that state he plans to commit before his senior year. Are we still in a good spot with him? I'm thinking we are with Kerryon's verbal commitment but just wondering if anyone knew more at this point.

It's not been confirmed yet if MM is a take for AU. One site says we are recruiting him at RB while another says FB. The staff is only taking 1 true RB in the 2016 class as of now and I'm not sure Malik is still the top RB target. If he's a take for AU my guess is it's at FB.

It's not been confirmed yet if MM is a take for AU. One site says we are recruiting him at RB while another says FB. The staff is only taking 1 true RB in the 2016 class as of now and I'm not sure Malik is still the top RB target. If he's a take for AU my guess is it's at FB.

Thanks E, so no chance for him to be recruited at LB?

Archived