2015 4* LB Darrell Williams commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

***UPDATED 5/07/14***

I am officially committed to Auburn University

Bn_Cb_UYFCMAEd_Ok_F.jpg

@darrellw_

"I'm pretty solid," Williams said. "I don't believe in that decommitment stuff. If you put yourself in a head coach's position and get somebody to commit you wouldn't want them to decommit on you. So I made sure (this) was the right decision so I wouldn't have to get myself in that position."

http://www.al.com/sp...lliams_dis.html

Auburn got itself the best linebacker in the state of Alabama when Hoover's Darrell Williams verbally committed Wednesday morning.

Auburn beat out in-state rival Alabama and Big 12 power Oklahoma for the 6-foot-3, 223-pound outside linebacker. Landing Williams is a big deal for Gus Malzahn and Co. because of Williams' skills and versatility.

"He's big, he's still growing into his frame and he's a kid you can move around at the next level from outside, to inside, to rushing the quarterback," said Chad Simmons, a national recruiting analyst for Scout.com. "People look at him as a potential rush guy off the edge. He moves well and pursues the ball well.

"Auburn can use him in multiple spots in their scheme."

http://www.al.com/sp...in_new_com.html

DARRELLWILLIAMS200.JPG

Darrell Williams, LB

Birmingham, AL (Hoover )

Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 205

- Recruiters: Garner & Johnson

- Grew up a tide fan.

- Visited for IB and another game earlier in season.

- Attended camp at AU last summer.

10152996_371303119677350_231089122328359207_n.jpg

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Cincinnati, Florida State, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Southern Miss and Tennessee, among others.

Composite & 247Sports 4*. #7 OLB, #142 Overall & 3*, #19 OLB

Rivals 4*, #3 OLB, #27 Overall (Rivals250 - No. 102)

ESPN 4*, #13 OLB, #169 Overall

Scout 4*, #16 OLB, #172 Overall

Hudl Highlight Page

BnCzRKrCEAAbx3W.jpg

B9BVJCuIEAEiMjW.jpg

• 1 month later...

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brother is in his graduating class. I know next year Hoover has four kids that will probably go upper level D1 and all four of them are pretty close. So that may or may not play a role in his decision.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If he was a bama fan growing up, he will be a tide commit and player in due time.

Roc was a Bama fan growing up...

Roc also believed in the hype bama media and fans were telling him until Gus showed up.

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on this guy recently? Saw Dixie mention him in another thread.

Status quo. Aka Still lead.

• 2 weeks later...

Good interview with him on al.com. says it's between auburn and Oklahoma. Alabama is third because they are not recruiting him that much. If he has an outstanding year then they'll go after him hard. But he wants to commit before school year so our chances look good

Williams obviously plays for a very good program. Has anyone seen him play?

Good interview with him on al.com. says it's between auburn and Oklahoma. Alabama is third because they are not recruiting him that much. If he has an outstanding year then they'll go after him hard. But he wants to commit before school year so our chances look good

From his interview it sounds like he will commit to AU. If that happens look for bama to come after him. This is what mr. williams is hopeing for. These kids just dont realize this is a tactic of nick saban to try and keep AU from gettung good quality athletes as much as he can. I could be wrong but this is what it sounds like to me.

bama has the same scholarship limits as everybody else. I think maybe we go a little far w/ the "he steals kids just so we can't have them" theory sometimes. The "anywhere but Auburn" theory might hold a little more water, though. /threadjack.

See the light (and the PT) Mr. Williams.

bama has the same scholarship limits as everybody else. I think maybe we go a little far w/ the "he steals kids just so we can't have them" theory sometimes. The "anywhere but Auburn" theory might hold a little more water, though. /threadjack.

uat is not doing the "anywhere but Auburn" like people think they are IMO.

Borh theories holds true when it comes to LB, because it is a NEED abd the darkside knows this

It sounds more like Mr. Saban has poisoned our posters minds more than these recruits. Excellent job Saban, bravo. :bow:

It sounds more like Mr. Saban has poisoned our posters minds more than these recruits. Excellent job Saban, bravo. :bow:

Absolutely.

I can't say I blame Saban for his recruiting methods. Any head coach would go after the big fish first because they are the hardest to land. Somebody like Williams, bama fan growing up, would be a much easier sell. However, it's not foolproof, some players take offense to it. Such as roc, he was five star but only second best to Saban. Saban thought he could use roc as a backup plan and it backfired.

Archived