2015 4* WR Christian Kirk (Texas A&M signee)

AU64

4_2862319.JPG

Christian Kirk, WR

Scottsdale, AZ

5'10 / 191 / 4.49

• Malzahn visited 12/08/14
  • Coach Craig visited 12/01/14
  • Official Visit to Auburn 10/03/14
  • Unofficial Visit to Auburn 5/30/14

Offers: Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, Arkansas, Auburn, Boise State, California, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Louisville, Miami (FL), Michigan, Michigan State, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Oregon State, Penn State, San Diego State, Stanford, Tennessee, Texas, Texas Tech, UCLA, USC, Utah, Vanderbilt, Washington and Wisconsin, among others.

247Sports: 5* (Top247 - No. 54)

Rivals: 5* (Rivals100 - No. 29)

2971388.jpg

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this kid a 5 star. What position. Does he play?

WR ...and as far as distance is concerned...Oregon is supposedly at the top of his list and that's not at his back door either. Don't know if he is just collecting offers but looks to have quite a few....class of 2015.

Texs Tiger: can you posts the tweets that you linked the pages to. It's requiring people to have a twitter to read his tweets.

I am not opposed to taking a national type kid or two at times. But if we continue the same strategy as we have this past year, staying with kids inside our "Tank of gas" if you will, we can sign Top 10 classes every year and maybe better. I know it's homerish but kids seem to play harder when playing for the local school if you will because of friends and family being there.

But you should not also shut out national guys if they are coming to you and at or near the top of your staff's board.

Yep. Unless this guy has some issue, he appears to be one of the best in the country.

Of course not, my point is that we should sign 90%+ local "Pipeline" kids and if we get interest from a few national kids then GREAT! If not we keep the warm fuzzy feelings with the local coaches and players that will always be our bread and butter. If we try to get out there with Bama, Notre Dame & USC we will be committing recruiticide IMO. Not that we are any lesser a program and we could probably captalize some for a few years if we get the Natty but over the long haul it is not our cup of tea. Plus, I just like seeing local kids make good, you know? Much more satisfying IMO.

Texs Tiger: can you posts the tweets that you linked the pages to. It's requiring people to have a twitter to read his tweets.

Not sure how to do that from a phone. The links work for me on a mobile device w/ o a twitter account. The problem may be that they are mobile links.

I noticed that the twitter profile that you're providing links for are not that of 247's #1 rated receiver in the nation Christian Kirk, but possibly a fan or friend of his. In fact, the twitter profile that you're quoting only has 78 followers and is not followed by any of the coaches recruiting Kirk.

The real and legit twitter profile of Christian Kirk is https://twitter.com/ChristianDavon2 and 1,765 followers with Coach Rhett Lashlee being one of those. The only tweet I see on his timeline that refers to Auburn is -

GqGQjrTx_normal.jpegChristian Kirk™@ChristianDavon230 Nov

Auburn... Where miracles happen

I am not opposed to taking a national type kid or two at times. But if we continue the same strategy as we have this past year, staying with kids inside our "Tank of gas" if you will, we can sign Top 10 classes every year and maybe better. I know it's homerish but kids seem to play harder when playing for the local school if you will because of friends and family being there.

Alex Kozan from Colorado says hey.

Alex Kozan from Colorado says hey.

He finally committed ? cool

I noticed that the twitter profile that you're providing links for are not that of 247's #1 rated receiver in the nation Christian Kirk, but possibly a fan or friend of his. In fact, the twitter profile that you're quoting only has 78 followers and is not followed by any of the coaches recruiting Kirk.

The real and legit twitter profile of Christian Kirk is https://twitter.com/ChristianDavon2 and 1,765 followers with Coach Rhett Lashlee being one of those. The only tweet I see on his timeline that refers to Auburn is -

GqGQjrTx_normal.jpegChristian Kirk™@ChristianDavon230 Nov

Auburn... Where miracles happen

Good catch. Thanks.

Well Alex Kozan is from Colo as is 3 other on our roster. So Auburn must not be to bad to live and play football.

Probably so...Clark from Missouri, CAP from Pennsylvania, Blackson from Delaware, etc. My view is that many 4 and 5* guys see themselves going to the next level and are looking at the best place to make that happen....and are not quite as solid about going to an in-state school if they see better possibilities elsewhere. I say...don't back away from any guy that can help the team....no matter where he lives.

If a top athlete shows interest in your school it's worth looking into to. I don't care if he lives in China.

In recruiting, you want to fill your needs with the best players that fit the systems you run. You will have a recruiting base with high schools in your region of the country but there is nothing wrong with giving top athletes from anywhere else a phone call and gauging their interest.

so what's the word on this kid? why aren't we recruiting him? or are we?

It would be awesome.. we could call him Cap'n

so what's the word on this kid? why aren't we recruiting him? or are we?

It would be awesome.. we could call him Cap'n

Malzahn recruited him when Malzahn was OC under Chizik, but I don't know about now. His size makes me think he would play the same spot as Stanton Truit-so there may not be a need for him.

Archived