2015 4* WR Christian Kirk (Texas A&M signee)

AU64

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really want Kirk. I think he will be a difference maker in college. In his highlight film, he is a very fast man, playing against boys.

I really want Kirk. I think he will be a difference maker in college. In his highlight film, he is a very fast man, playing against boys.

Yep.

AU is taking its time recruiting WR's this year. Nice position to be in.

Yep.

AU is taking its time recruiting WR's this year. Nice position to be in.

Plus WR is a position you can usually find a quality and/or high 4* kid close to NSD if wanted. See Davis, Walker, and Stevens from the 2013 class.

Would love to add Kirk to this class. Hopefully, he'll wait a while and see what we're doing with the offense (passing) this season.

• 2 months later...

Bump. Tweeted his final too 6. Auburn made the cut. If we can get him on an OV it would be huge.

Auburn

Arizona State

USC

UCLA

Texas A&M

Ohio State

Unless something significant happens over the following months, I still say he is a long shot.

Isn't A&M leading? They get some great receivers.

The other SEC program that kills it with receivers that I do not understand at all is TN. They are loaded at receiver and without a great QB.

The other SEC program that kills it with receivers that I do not understand at all is TN. They are loaded at receiver and without a great QB.

A&M and USC likely top 2. Gonna be a hard pull from out west, but he'd fit great in our offense. I'm not sure when he plans to commit, but he'd be one that could gain momentum with added passing offense this season.

A&M and USC likely top 2. Gonna be a hard pull from out west, but he'd fit great in our offense. I'm not sure when he plans to commit, but he'd be one that could gain momentum with added passing offense this season.

If AU's passing attack is any good AU will shot up to the top with A&M & USC. Kirk is taking a wait and see with AU. FWIW.

If AU's passing attack is any good AU will shot up to the top with A&M & USC. Kirk is taking a wait and see with AU. FWIW.

WHEN we stat lighting up the record books this year, and the TV guys start talking 1st round draft status for Sammie and Duke, it will take care of itself IMNSHO

Said nearly every top WR in the 2015 class.

What I find interesting about this is the "wait and see" receivers are giving us; yet Tennessee has a boatload of talented receivers and they do not have an OLine or a QB. We have a very good OLine, great QB's.

What I find interesting about this is the "wait and see" receivers are giving us; yet Tennessee has a boatload of talented receivers and they do not have an OLine or a QB. We have a very good OLine, great QB's.

But Tennessee didn't run the ball 70% of the time last year like we did. All players think they can turnaround a team given opportunity. We have to show them they will get an opportunity at AU.

But Tennessee didn't run the ball 70% of the time last year like we did. All players think they can turnaround a team given opportunity. We have to show them they will get an opportunity at AU.

Add to that even though they have been down their WRs have put up some stats in recent years.

When you are a 5 star and have the kind of offer list this HS Wide Receiver has, you can have that luxury. Whether this remains true or not will depend upon his senior season, though I do not see how his status will change dramatically.

There's a difference between going from no offense to some offense and going from a run offense to a pass offense. Butch wants to throw more than we do in his base offense.

I honestly don't see how we aren't better and more balanced this year. There hasn't been a single account from spring, summer, and now fall that NM hasn't dramatically improved in both his understanding of the offense and his throwing mechanics. Additionally, every WR on the team has stated they spent all summer together working on chemistry and route timing.

Kirk to officially visit AU. AU will be a factor with Kirk. Good new Rival's article on Kirk.

Good to hear this.

Kirk to officially visit AU. AU will be a factor with Kirk. Good new Rival's article on Kirk.

Getting the visit is huge. Now the home crowd and the home team will get their chance to do their part. WDE!

• 1 month later...

Not sure how much new info here, as I don't have an insider account. But apparently ESPN seems to like us as a dark horse to land Kirk.

http://insider.espn....l/post?id=59314

It's something I've never read before regarding Kirk's recruitment but I was not surprised. It will be very interesting to see how Kirk's OV goes.

Archived