2015 Recruiting Board (Updated: 2/4/15)

WarEagleAU

New Top247 drops Wednesday

Barton Simmons...

We're doing some final tinkering today with the Top247 for 2015 following The Opening and the new rankings will be released on Wednesday morning.

A couple notes:

There will be a new No. 1 in the country

There will be a new No. 1 QB in the country

There was a lot of movement in the five-star range. Several dropped out and were replaced by new names. As things stand right now. 6 five-stars drop to 4 and 6 four-stars are bumped to 5.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barton Simmons...

We're doing some final tinkering today with the Top247 for 2015 following The Opening and the new rankings will be released on Wednesday morning.

A couple notes:

There was a lot of movement in the five-star range. Several dropped out and were replaced by new names. As things stand right now. 6 five-stars drop to 4 and 6 four-stars are bumped to 5.

interesting. lots of movement...its good for the off-season. lol

Barton Simmons...

A couple notes:

I'm guessing TG could be one. They have him listed as DT quarterback and being QB doesnt look too promising for him

Barton Simmons...

A couple notes:

I'm guessing TG could be one. They have him listed as DT quarterback and being QB doesnt look too promising for him

I bet you are correct. Look for Bama's QB commit to be bumped to a 5 star and he may be the highest rated QB on the list too.

Ivey did fine at The Opening so I bet he keeps his 5th star.

Barton Simmons...

A couple notes:

So Ricky Town is dropping. Guessing Rosen will be the new #1 QB.

Barton Simmons...

A couple notes:

So Ricky Town is dropping. Guessing Rosen will be the new #1 QB.

Either him or Barnett.

Looks like we can scratch Abdul Abello from the board, down to UF and FSU with decision soon.

@joshnewberg247: 4-Star OT Abdul Bello tells @Noles247 that it’s basically down to two schools and he’ll decide in a couple months http://t.co/2pCTxt7zrq

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Four-star Abdul Bello, the nation’s No. 12 offensive tackle prospect, has two teams tied on top.

Florida State and Florida stick out.

“Still the same. They are both close by,” Bello told 247Sports.com Thursday morning following the morning session of Florida State’s camp. “A lot of good people are there. I love what they do. I like both.”

The No. 24 prospect in the state of Florida this cycle arrived on Florida State’s campus for camp last night and will stay until Friday morning.

“(I like) everything. Coaching is great. School is amazing,” Bello said. “(Offensive line coach Rick Trickett) coaches me hard. That’s exactly what I need. I respect him a lot.”

The Montverde (FL) Academy standout visited Florida earlier this summer.

“I liked everything there,” Bello said. “The coaches. The players. Its so nice.”

He just went to Alabama earlier this week for three days.

“(Offensive line coach Mario Cristobal) is so nice,” Bello said. “Its amazing there. Its no nice. He’s such a nice coach. I liked it a lot.”

The nation’s No. 137 overall prospect according to 247Sports.com Composite Rankings plans to make his decision this winter following some official visits.

He doesn’t have any of those trips lined up yet.

“None set up. I’m still deciding that,” Bello said.

The 6-foot-6, 295-pounder traveled to Alabama and Florida State camp this week with close friend Chidi Okeke, a four-star 2016 offensive tackle at Hialeah (FL) Champagnat Catholic.

Could they play together in college?

“Definitely,” Bello said. “Very close buddy. We are both from Nigeria. We are the same size and play the same thing.”

I wish we would get 1 or 2 more 5 * commitments just before the season kicks off.

Will not happen before the season starts.

I wish we would get 1 or 2 more 5 * commitments just before the season kicks off.

Will not happen before the season starts.

Maybe not, but he did say "wish" and who among us can't agree with that?

Since we'll need a center for the future, I hope we can get Javon Patterson, 6-4, 290 of Petal, Miss.

Not a Center prospect and Kim or Harrell can move over to Center from this class.

Since we'll need a center for the future, I hope we can get Javon Patterson, 6-4, 290 of Petal, Miss.

Not a Center prospect and Kim or Harrell can move over to Center from this class.

Plus,we have Dampeer.

Plus,we have Dampeer.

I don't think Dampeer will redshirt. Barring injury, he won't play this season much. That would give him one year to play (2015). I think a center commit is necessary this year so we don't have to keep rolling out freshmen at the position who have to be 4 year starters by necessity. Wouldn't it be nice to get a center who could redshirt 2015 and not one that will be immediately forced into the line up in 2016 as a true freshman (assuming Kozan stays put).

Yes, it would be really nice to get a couple more very good commits before the season, just for momentum. Auburn has been drifting down the overall recruiting rankings. This is not a criticism of the Auburn staff. And I am fully aware that there are some very high profile players on the Auburn board that *might* commit to Auburn later on. But that doesn't change my wish to pin down a couple of guys sooner rather than later.

I don't think Dampeer will redshirt. Barring injury, he won't play this season much. That would give him one year to play (2015). I think a center commit is necessary this year so we don't have to keep rolling out freshmen at the position who have to be 4 year starters by necessity. Wouldn't it be nice to get a center who could redshirt 2015 and not one that will be immediately forced into the line up in 2016 as a true freshman (assuming Kozan stays put).

Kaleb Kim is expected to be the Center for this class now. If I were betting now I'd lean to AU not taking Darryl especialy with a number of priorities over getting another OL not named Ivey or Patterson.

Kaleb Kim is expected to be the Center for this class now. If I were betting now I'd lean to AU not taking Darryl especialy with a number of priorities over getting another OL not named Ivey or Patterson.

I still hope we end up with Williams, personally.

Seems to me a lot of programs don't go after an OC specifically but take quality interior linemen and develope a center.

With that said, and a disclaimer my prophet licence has been revoked, here is how I see the center position:

2014 - Reese D

2015 - Dampeer

2016 - Mix

2017 - Kim

That being said, take Ivey and/or Patterson and stand pat.

Plus,we have Dampeer.

Auburn is exploring the possibility of using Kaleb Kim as a Center. If they decide to do this, we will not need a Center in this class, regardless whether Dampeer gets a reshirt or not. Sorry, E beat me to this.

Plus,we have Dampeer.

Auburn is exploring the possibility of using Kaleb Kim as a Center. If they decide to do this, we will not need a Center in this class, regardless whether Dampeer gets a reshirt or not. Sorry, E beat me to this.

I didn't know that about Kim. That makes me feel better. He seems like he would be a good one.

Archived