2015 Recruiting Board (Updated: 2/4/15)

WarEagleAU

Isn't this the point where some of our faithful post "We'll be fine" ?

So far the offensive recruiting looks good if we can keep what we've got and land a top flight receiver. DL and LB need shoring up and the number of players out there at those positions that can "shore up" a class is dwindling. We can hardly expect to flip five or six top prospects.

Mikey, are you saying we're OK with the LBs in this class? :whistle:/>

Are you reading impaired? From my second line, above: "DL and LB need shoring up..."

I must be. I could have sworn I read something different. Old age sucks.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far the offensive recruiting looks good if we can keep what we've got and land a top flight receiver. DL and LB need shoring up and the number of players out there at those positions that can "shore up" a class is dwindling. We can hardly expect to flip five or six top prospects.

Mikey, are you saying we're OK with the LBs in this class? :whistle:/>

Are you reading impaired? From my second line, above: "DL and LB need shoring up..."

I must be. I could have sworn I read something different. Old age sucks.

And here I thought you were just making a tongue in cheek joke and I laughed. :laugh:

"@Rivals: Most #Rivals250 Commits -#SEC

#Bama 14

#SCar 9

#TAMU 9

#UGA 7

#LSU 6

#Ark 4

#UT 4

#AU 3

#UF 3

#MissSt 3

#OleMiss 2

#Mizzou 2

#Vandy 2

#UK 1"

I know most people will disagree with me, but I believe that this shows how much work we still have left to do in this recruiting class. While I believe that we have a solid class and we are further along than any Auburn recruiting class that I can remember, we still don't have that top tier talent that the other schools have at this point. Arkansas has more top 250 players than we do currently! Even though we have a top ten class, I still believe that this class has the potential to be so much better. Here's hoping that we have another great season, as well as some of our lower rated players.

We'll be fine

• 2 weeks later...

Did Darryl Williams and Isaiah Prince make their commitments?

No but neither one has an AU offer they can commit to right now.

Did Darryl Williams and Isaiah Prince make their commitments?

No but neither one has an AU offer they can commit to right now.

Correct. OL recruiting will be done if Ivey commits to Auburn. Javon Patterson is another guy to watch, too. You'll never know...

• 2 weeks later...

WarEagleAU - according to the OP and recent Bailey Sharp interview, we have 7 Early Enrollees committed. We also have 3 more that we are heavily recruiting in Jeffrey Holland, Javon Patterson, and Christian Kirk. My question is do we have enough spots available for all 10 of these potential EE's? Do we know who is graduating in December?

WarEagleAU - according to the OP and recent Bailey Sharp interview, we have 7 Early Enrollees committed. We also have 3 more that we are heavily recruiting in Jeffrey Holland, Javon Patterson, and Christian Kirk. My question is do we have enough spots available for all 10 of these potential EE's? Do we know who is graduating in December?

We have 84 on scholly now so 6 would have to graduate early to get all 7 current EE commits in January, 9 if we get the other 3 which I highly doubt on all 3 right now. Anything less than that and some will have to wait til May. No we don't have a list of december graduates. Only the staff and AU records office has that info.

They can enroll in school, making any financial arrangements they can make and go through winter and spring workouts as, technically, "walkons". How many would be willing and able to do that is another question.

They can enroll in school, making any financial arrangements they can make and go through winter and spring workouts as, technically, "walkons". How many would be willing and able to do that is another question.

Thanks and true. I forgot about this option.

Hmmm...just a thought, but aren't former players who went pro early allowed to come back and finish school for free? If so, what are the limitations in that regard? Would it be possible for the coaches to simply ask a couple of the guys who have exhausted their eligibility to take a semester off and finish in the next academic year?

Hmmm...just a thought, but aren't former players who went pro early allowed to come back and finish school for free? If so, what are the limitations in that regard? Would it be possible for the coaches to simply ask a couple of the guys who have exhausted their eligibility to take a semester off and finish in the next academic year?

Once a player leaves for the pros hes not counted against the 85 limit when he comes back to finish school even though the school pays for him to finish because he is then not eligible to play anymore..

Once a player leaves for the pros hes not counted against the 85 limit when he comes back to finish school even though the school pays for him to finish because he is then not eligible to play anymore..

Okay, so then do seniors who have exhausted their eligibility after the bowls still count against the 85 limit? I mean, the national championship game is slated for January 12, two days before classes begin for the spring semester...thus, if they are no longer counted against the 85 immediately after their eligibility has expired, there would be no need for any of the EEs to pay their own way for a semester.

Also, if they are counted until the end of the academic year of their last season of eligibility, then could they "drop out" for a semester during the spring to clear room for the newcomers, then finish their degree in the following academic year when they would no longer count against the 85? Or does the number of players on scholarship during the season reflect the amount of spots open for EEs regardless of whether all of those on scholarship remain in school during the spring?

Okay, so then do seniors who have exhausted their eligibility after the bowls still count against the 85 limit? I mean, the national championship game is slated for January 12, two days before classes begin for the spring semester...thus, if they are no longer counted against the 85 immediately after their eligibility has expired, there would be no need for any of the EEs to pay their own way for a semester.

Also, if they are counted until the end of the academic year of their last season of eligibility, then could they "drop out" for a semester during the spring to clear room for the newcomers, then finish their degree in the following academic year when they would no longer count against the 85? Or does the number of players on scholarship during the season reflect the amount of spots open for EEs regardless of whether all of those on scholarship remain in school during the spring?

If a player finished his playing eligibility during the academic year of graduation then he counts on the 85 limit until he graduates even if graduation is after the football season ending. The Academic year is defined as Fall through the next Summer. So Seniors that play their last season in the Fall remain on the limit books til they graduate the immediate Spring or Summer (even if they took Spring off for some reason) semesters.

If a player finished his playing eligibility during the academic year of graduation then he counts on the 85 limit until he graduates even if graduation is after the football season ending. The Academic year is defined as Fall through the next Summer. So Seniors that play their last season in the Fall remain on the limit books til they graduate the immediate Spring or Summer (even if they took Spring off for some reason) semesters.

Gotcha. That makes more sense now. :)

Gotcha. That makes more sense now. :)

Yeah think about it this way. As cooky as Les Miles is at times, if the sit out a Spring was a possibility to massage the numbers he would have been aware enough to ask a senior to sit out of classes for a Spring a few years ago so he would have room under the 85 to accept Patrick Miller as an EE instead of losing him to us because they did not have room for him as an EE.

Added All-American Selection.

Carr, Queen, and Williams are not in All Star games yet. I put the links for each game in the other thread showing them not on any list.

Added All-American Selection.

Is there an icon for that?

:poke:/>

Just joshin'. Thanks for all your work!

Nah. War Eagle! Thanks for your suggestion.

Archived