2016 3* RB Jalin Buie

EagleDamnWar

341591.jpg

Jalin Buie, RB

Ht: 5-8 Wt: 175 lbs

Jacksonville, FL (Trinity Christian Academy)

- Received AU offer 5/28/13

- Committed to Auburn on 1/9/14

- Early notable offers from South Carolina, Tennessee, Penn State, Vandy and Louisville, among others.

- Recruiters: Cheese and Garner

247Sports: NR

Rivals: NR

Highlights

1218356.jpg

via 247Sports

1218355.jpg

via 247Sports

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will announce tomorrow and has crystal ball prediction to Auburn. Teammate 2015 OT Kendrick Norton will also announce. 5 star LB Jeff Holland (UF and Auburn on top) and 3 star S Ben Edwards (Auburn leads) are teammates.

I'm assuming he is the younger brother of Andrew Buie who we recruited heavily a few years ago. Signed with WVU.

Yep. Apparently Andrew was going to commit but Mason did before and stole his spot. Looks like Jalin might secure his early.

I'm not familiar with either of these kids, but it would be hard to get too excited about a 2016 commit at this time. It's certainly great to get commits two years out, but for a high school kid two years is practically a lifetime and a lot can change in that time.

I'm not familiar with either of these kids, but it would be hard to get too excited about a 2016 commit at this time. It's certainly great to get commits two years out, but for a high school kid two years is practically a lifetime and a lot can change in that time.

Well just watch the highlights and see what you think.

Well just watch the highlights and see what you think.

Yeah, I watched them and their damn impressive.

Don't get me wrong, it's great to get early commits, especially from studs. It can help build momentum for the recruiting classes with other highly sought after commits. It's just too early to bank on it, but definitely nice.

I watched Jalin's film. He will fit in our offense great. He is so young right now, but has crazy moves and nice speed. Like others have mentioned, his power is surprising for his age an size. Jalin is a Freshman now, right?

That is impressive. I hope he can handle being committed to one team for a very long period of time.

I watched Jalin's film. He will fit in our offense great. He is so young right now, but has crazy moves and nice speed. Like others have mentioned, his power is surprising for his age an size. Jalin is a Freshman now, right?

That is impressive. I hope he can handle being committed to one team for a very long period of time.

He is a sophomore right now.

I don't get excited over two years in advance commitments either. However, if a future star is going to commit to somebody today it's better us than another school. He can change his mind but so can we so it costs us nothing to be ahead of the game.

What kind of football factory have they built at that school? A 6-A public school in the middle of Miami wouldn't normally have that many D-1 prospects! Recruit much?

Just based off highlights, I like his vision and instincts. He doesn't always dance around, as he gets north/south for the tough yards when he needs to.

His quickness and lateral movement is way up there. Speed is not elite, but it doesn't have to be. It'll be interesting to see how his body develops over the next two years.

Archived