2015 4* LB Richard McBryde commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

I hate hearing that these guys want to play together. Seems it never really works out that way. I know, Debbie Downer here. Please prove me wrong......starting with Ivey and then rub it in with Wilson!

As of right now 09/09/14 AU leads for both of these kids.

Thanks WDE!

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prayers lifted for this young man and his teammates. Charles Henderson student and football player, Demario Harris, died after collapsing on the field Friday night. He suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm, not football related from what I understand. I live near Troy and this has really shaken up much of the community. I couldnt imagine how his peers feel right now.

That's really awful to hear. I tried to look up more information, and all I could find was that he made a tackle, started to walk off, and collapsed. Anyone have more information?

That's really awful to hear. I tried to look up more information, and all I could find was that he made a tackle, started to walk off, and collapsed. Anyone have more information?

many articles on Google to go through https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHWA_enUS603US603&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=charles%20henderson%20player%20dies

My understanding is the doctors told the family the contact from the tackle was not the cause. Thats based off of info from wsfa and al.com. Also some people a little closer to the situation than myself have said basically the same.

E, the stuff I found on google didn't really provide much, but thanks for the assist. jgarrett, that's really strange and kind of horrifying. It's interesting that the family doesn't think they'll be able to determine whether he had a pre-existing condition. They can test for all sorts of brain trauma and causation; most CTE checks are done posthumously. Regardless, that's just devastating.

I sure hope Richard and Darrell Williams will stick to their commitments to Auburn. Darrell Williams out of Hoover High.

• 2 months later...

He doesn't know who his DC or position coach will be at this point. I'm willing to cut him some slack....

+1. I see nothing out of the ordinary with that. Pretty understandable with change all in all.

RM, as well as Jalen Harris, believe WM is our next DC. RM is concerned that he isn't big enough to play LB in the SEC, so a departure of the Star is what has him unsure. Which is interesting bc I don't think any of the recruiting services ever indicated we were looking at him as anything other than a LB.

RM, as well as Jalen Harris, believe WM is our next DC. RM is concerned that he isn't big enough to play LB in the SEC, so a departure of the Star is what has him unsure. Which is interesting bc I don't think any of the recruiting services ever indicated we were looking at him as anything other than a LB.

Is he fast enough to play star and did we recruit for anything other than star? ... that's a lighthearted joke but still...

I'd show him video of Will Herring playing for Will Muschamp. There's no doubt that he can work into that size (Herring was around 225 as a Senior; McBryde is around 210 as a Senior in HS), and he's got similar athleticism. Herring's incredible 2006 season punched his ticket to the NFL.

I'd show him video of Will Herring playing for Will Muschamp. There's no doubt that he can work into that size (Herring was around 225 as a Senior; McBryde is around 210 as a Senior in HS), and he's got similar athleticism. Herring's incredible 2006 season punched his ticket to the NFL.

Herring started at safety, I believe.

Herring started at safety, I believe.

Herring converted to LB his senior year under Muschamp

That was my point. McBryde is a redshirt season away from being around the same size as Herring in 2006, and that was plenty big enough to play OLB in Muschamp's (or any other 4-3) system.

For reference, the official 06' roster has Herring at 6'-3" 221 lbs. McBryde is listed at 6'-2" 210 lbs. So yes, assuming he isn't asked to step on the field at the beginning of next season, he could easily be playing at the same size.

For reference, the official 06' roster has Herring at 6'-3" 221 lbs. McBryde is listed at 6'-2" 210 lbs. So yes, assuming he isn't asked to step on the field at the beginning of next season, he could easily be playing at the same size.

He could gain 10 pounds.

Archived