Bruce Pearl Discussion

CameronCrazy

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well hell, there goes the stealth hire......

What do you mean?

Im guessing he means jay jacobs didnt keep the hire to himself until it is official.....if pearl gets hired. Given that pearl is unemployed at the moment, Jay really doesnt have to protect Pearl

I'm have no inside basketball info... but this is starting to sound more and more like what happend a few weeks ago with football recruiting.

"Insiders" are obviously getting conflicting information regarding Bruce Pearl. Different sites are reporting different things. Some mods are saying an announcement is coming today, while others are telling fans to be patient. An "insider" on this site started a thread stating "It is Done"... but it was quickly removed. Not sure what to read in to that???

I want Bruce Pearl to be named our head coach as much as anybody... But, from past events, I know not to hold my breath either way. I can just see it now... if Pearl says no, there's gonna be a meltdown on here (much like the one last month). "Insiders" will be called out, and have their sources questioned...

I'm just gonna get my pop corn, and see what happens.

I'm have no inside basketball info... but this is starting to sound more and more like what happend a few weeks ago with football recruiting.

"Insiders" are obviously getting conflicting information regarding Bruce Pearl. Different sites are reporting different things. Some mods are saying an announcement is coming today, while others are telling fans to be patient. An "insider" on this site started a thread stating "It is Done"... but it was quickly removed. Not sure what to read in to that???

I want Bruce Pearl to be named our head coach as much as anybody... But, from past events, I know not to hold my breath either way. I can just see it now... if Pearl says no, there's gonna be a meltdown on here (much like the one last month). "Insiders" will be called out, and have their sources questioned...

I have to agree here. Funny how that thread disappeared!

It disappeared because it was just a rumor with nothing to back it up.

Titan, honestly, what are you thinking?

Good or bad... Feel free to PM if you'd rather.

pffffttttt. Everything is pure speculation right now.

No, we know that Pearl and Auburn are talking. We know that he's almost certainly our top target. We know that Dave Didion who worked Pearl's NCAA case and is now in Auburn's compliance department has given the green light to pursue Pearl for the job. None of that is speculation. Saying "it is done" is pure speculation.

I think it's 50/50. There are various matters to hammer out. If I were guessing from Pearl's side he wants to know what his restrictions on recruiting AAU are going to be, Komara or no Komara. He'll want to know what the show cause thing means in terms of added supervision and whether it will hinder his ability to recruit. He'll want to know whether this Under Armour thing can be reworked to allow us to be under Nike or Adidas for basketball or if he thinks he can overcome that if UA stays in place. And then there's always money and buyout to agree on.

Lots of moving parts. I think it could go either way.

I think it's 50/50. There are various matters to hammer out. If I were guessing from Pearl's side he wants to know what his restrictions on recruiting AAU are going to be, Komara or no Komara. He'll want to know what the show cause thing means in terms of added supervision and whether it will hinder his ability to recruit. He'll want to know whether this Under Armour thing can be reworked to allow us to be under Nike or Adidas for basketball or if he thinks he can overcome that if UA stays in place. And then there's always money and buyout to agree on.

I'm thinking the exact same thing...

Buyout?

Buyout?

Yeah, virtually all contracts have a buyout in them. If he leaves early, it's what he owes Auburn. If we fire him, it's what we have to pay him for the remainder of his deal.

Buyout?

future terms of his contract, what *his buyout would be if he were to be fired or leave. *TT beat me

FTR I have not seen anything truly conflicting from real AU insiders and reporters yet which is why I am cautiously optomistic.

I say we give him the sun and the moon. We need to find out what kind of bball program we can have. What tweaks need to be made. Pearl is the guy who can show us what we can be, IMO. We have given "up-and-comers" a shot. It hasn't worked out well for us.

I am with you there. Until Auburn holds or announces s press conference I will just enjoy the show

I for one would be surprised if they could get everything worked out in only 4 days. If they announce something today it will strongly suggest to me that JJ started talking to Pearl before he fired Barbee.

I for one would be surprised if they could get everything worked out in only 4 days. If they announce something today it will strongly suggest to me that JJ started talking to Pearl before he fired Barbee.

Nice post, when others were 'hoping' for a hire by this weekend the day after TB was let go, I thought the same

Buyout?

Yeah, virtually all contracts have a buyout in them. If he leaves early, it's what he owes Auburn. If we fire him, it's what we have to pay him for the remainder of his deal.

ok. i was thinking in reverse. i thought you meant he had a current buyout that we were to pay.

Just the way Jay let Barbee go made me think something was already in the works.

Archived