521 replies to this topic

#298 TitanTiger

TitanTiger

Secretary of Crowd Control

• ADMIN
  • 28,944 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

View Postberrytgr, on 14 March 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

And now you just called me Nancy and insinuated I am effeminate.  Obviously you can do whatever you want since you are the king.

If it makes you feel better, I'll say your opinion is nuts, not you in general.

Your (over)sensitivity still kinda makes you a Nancy.  The implication wasn't overall femininity so much as it was the sensitivity of a little girl.

But by all means, keep being butthurt.  It's really improving things.
"Alabama should change their logo to an AU with an X through it. Their media guide should be 99 pages of conspiracy theories about Auburn."

#299 WarTiger

WarTiger

BOT Chairman

• MOD
  • 23,639 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

View PostTitanTiger, on 14 March 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

View Postberrytgr, on 14 March 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

And now you just called me Nancy and insinuated I am effeminate.  Obviously you can do whatever you want since you are the king.

If it makes you feel better, I'll say your opinion is nuts, not you in general.

Your (over)sensitivity still kinda makes you a Nancy.  The implication wasn't overall femininity so much as it was the sensitivity of a little girl.

But by all means, keep being butthurt.  It's really improving things.
maybe you should offer him one of these
Posted Image
2013 SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS
2010 SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS
2010 BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
Posted Image

#300 Weegle777

Weegle777

LEAVE NO DOUBT

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,703 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

"Let us form one body, one heart, and defend to the last warrior our country, our homes, our liberty, and the graves of our fathers." - -- Tecumseh

#301 Altima

Altima

Professor

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

Finbaum is trying to rally the troops on his show, saying  ((hoping and praying))  that HE doesn't think Auburn will hire Bruce Pearl...

This tells me that there is an actual possibility that Auburn could hire Pearl.

#302 TitanTiger

TitanTiger

• ADMIN
  • 28,944 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

Posted Image
"Alabama should change their logo to an AU with an X through it. Their media guide should be 99 pages of conspiracy theories about Auburn."

#303 TitanTiger

TitanTiger

• ADMIN
  • 28,944 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

Admin at one of the pay sites indicates Didion has given the thumbs up for going after Pearl.

#304 AUdmd07

AUdmd07

Booster

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

Even those that are anti Pearl would have to admit that hiring him would bring AU basketball a lot of press and attention (with the majority of it being positive).  And that is something we haven't had in a long, long time.

#305 JDUBB4AU

JDUBB4AU

Dept Head

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

Go Pearl
TAKEO SPIKES USED TO HAVE A NECK ..I PROMISE

#306 AU_Tiger_88

AU_Tiger_88

Booster

• Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

View PostTitanTiger, on 14 March 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

View Postberrytgr, on 14 March 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

The poster said he was the best coach we could get no question, and I said I didn't think he was that great. He is a good coach, but not great,

And his record indicates you're nuts if you think that.

and not worth the baggage he is carrying.

That is a different argument...and not one you made in your prior response.  But I'll say if Rich McGlynn and Dave Didion say he's good to go, then his baggage isn't the problem you think it is.

We would have to show cause to hire him right now or get penalized. That alone makes him not great in my opinion.

We don't get penalized for hiring him.  He just can't recruit or have off campus contact with any recruits until August.  We appear before the NCAA infractions committee to make our case for hiring him.  I imagine with Didion's connections at the NCAA and his direct involvement with the case, if it gets to that point, we've got a pretty good indication behind the scenes that we're good to go.

I think some of you have gotten it in your minds that we hire BP or you will be mad. It's just like the arguments last year for another BP that lots of people wanted to hire to coach our football team. People were saying he was the absolute best coach we could hire then too but we know how that turned out.

They really aren't the same level of thing.

But also, Auburn is in a different position of power in football than it is in basketball.
FIFY oh and FYI berrytgr CBP was the second fastest coach to reach 300 Wins in his career....to say isn't a good coach...well you need to check some facts...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users