2015 4* DT Jonathan Ledbetter (Georgia signee)

ellitor

4_1118259.jpg

Tucker, GA (Tucker)

Ht: 6-5 | Wt: 265

Auburn offered today (1/21/14) Per Hoke

Was excited about the Auburn offer

16 early offers including Clemson, Florida, UGA, Tennessee, Ole Miss, & Michigan St.

Good Friends with Tyler Queen

Composite & 247 3*, #24 DT, #398 overall & 4*, #24 DT

Rivals 4* #14 Strong DE

ESPN 3*, DT, No position rank

Scout 3*, #30 DT

Hudl Highlight Page

Hudl says he is 275 pds. He may need to gain so,e weight to play DT in the SEC. He is very quick for his size. Tucker is a very good program. I think Garrett went to Tucker.

Hudl says he is 275 pds. He may need to gain so,e weight to play DT in the SEC. He is very quick for his size. Tucker is a very good program. I think Garrett went to Tucker.

Ahh....he's a Jr. in high school. Coach Russell will get him in shape

Garrett did go to Tucker, and Elisha Shaw also. They do produce some D1 talent most years.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Premium, but not positive news for AU...

@Rivals: #Rivals100 DL & #Bama commit Jonathan Ledbetter puts rumors to rest about his #Auburn visit at the #RivalsChallenge: http://t.co/lfx32FHGYg

Just a damage control piece. Reality is JL is very interested in AU and UGA.

Premium, but not positive news for AU...

@Rivals: #Rivals100 DL & #Bama commit Jonathan Ledbetter puts rumors to rest about his #Auburn visit at the #RivalsChallenge: http://t.co/lfx32FHGYg

Just a damage control piece. Reality is JL is very interested in AU and UGA.

Yep.

He seems more like an Auburn type DT who fits into our D better tham the Bama D. Just like I think Payne fits into the Bama D better. We tend to look for leaner quicker DT's (I am not saying small just leaner) where Bama seems to like massive DT's that can't be moved.

He seems more like an Auburn type DT who fits into our D better tham the Bama D. Just like I think Payne fits into the Bama D better. We tend to look for leaner quicker DT's (I am not saying small just leaner) where Bama seems to like massive DT's that can't be moved.

I like that time when bama's offensive and defensive tackles were so big that Chris Davis outran them and returned a field goal for a touchdown.

RG believes IF and I mean big IF Payne applies himself he can dominate at any school. But yes AU is looking for kids like Ledbetter more than the huge 310lb DT's.

He's up to a 4* on the composite now btw, and up to the #24 player overall on Rivals

Yep, I was shocked when searching for the original thread that he was a 3*. Long way up to a top 100 player. That said, we typically go by the 247 Composite ranking which is also a 4* but #69 overall.

Can a mod update the thread title?

Do we actually have a chance with this guy?

Yes but I like UGA's chances of flipping him more than ours FWIW.

Say what you want about the wee man. Nobody flips from UAT unless he wants it too happen. If he finds someone that will commit to the Tide who he thinks is better than Warmack at his position, then DW might flip (unlikely to happen IMO). That scenario occurred with DBs last year. I'm sure Saban didn't want them to flip to Auburn, but that's the price you pay when you ignore and process some commits and play that heartless, ruthless, cut-throat recruiting game. Even Nicky can't control everything.

Archived