Way-too-early 2014 schedule predictions?

AUwent

Yes, it's just late January, but that's the thing, isn't it? It's late January, and I don't know about you, but I need to talk about next year.

8/30 Arky W

9/6 SJSU W

9/20 @ KSU W

9/27 La Tech W

10/4 LSU W

10/11 @ MSU Tossup, really not sure

10/25 USCe W

11/1 @ Ole Miss W

11/8 TAMU Tossup, really not sure

11/15 @ Ga L

11/22 Samford W

11/29 @ Turds L

The team itself should actually be better, but our schedule is MUCH tougher than last year. I see 8-10 wins, and then a bowl victory.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't see it broths. 11-1 regular season, 10-2 AT WORST.

LSU is a concern because that qb looked pretty good. UGA and rednecks have a long time to develop a qb but i wouldnt expect much from them early. aTm concerns me none. Top to bottom i like our chances to run the table but i never predict win totals. If we sure up special teams and DB production we gone be dam good. We lead sec in offense i think.

Never will I ever mark the uat game as a loss..particularly in January. Also, I don't understand marking Mississippi State as a loss either. They've done nothing under Dan Mullen. Sure it was a last second win for us last season, but we all know we definitely weren't as good then as we ended up. We will be better in 2014 and we should ALWAYS beat both Mississippi schools. A&M still won't have a defense, IMO, and their offense is gone. Georgia being in Athens is in our favor. Anything can happen for sure, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect to be one of the 4 in the playoff.

Never will I ever mark the uat game as a loss..particularly in January. Also, I don't understand marking Mississippi State as a loss either. They've done nothing under Dan Mullen. Sure it was a last second win for us last season, but we all know we definitely weren't as good then as we ended up. We will be better in 2014 and we should ALWAYS beat both Mississippi schools. A&M still won't have a defense, IMO, and their offense is gone. Georgia being in Athens is in our favor. Anything can happen for sure, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect to be one of the 4 in the playoff.

Im with you on miss st. they did play several good teams well but we got them while we were trying to find our niche. we hammer them in 14'. Everything aTm had is gone, and their d was much worse than ours, no worries. Sumlin chiziked him a good pay day on manziel, he is rebuilding now.

Miss St. looked like a pretty good group at the end of the season. They return pretty much everyone and have a very good schedule--no quality OOC foes, KY and a rebuilding Vandy from the east, and also they get us a week after a tough battle with LSU.

Looking at that last half of the schedule, and playing all those teams back to back--GA (we've lost 121-51 the last three trips to Athens) and AL both away--we may end up being much better than our record. I think 10-3 (bowl game win) is very likely.

I'll bite

8/30 Arky W

9/6 SJSU W

9/20 @ KSU W

9/27 La Tech W

10/4 LSU W

10/11 @ MSU W

10/25 USCe W

11/1 @ Ole Miss W (really back and forth on this one. If Ole Miss is ever going to try and make a run for SECw contention, this might be their shot at it).

11/8 TAMU W (Just really don't think they'll be nearly the same team without JFB)

11/15 @ Ga L

11/22 Samford W

11/29 @ Turds W

I think USCe will be a decent test, but w/o Clowney, Shaw and others I think we get them without too much issue.

LSU I always like getting at home, and they're replacing a ton of talent

Ole Miss still worries me, as does KSU, but for right now I feel solid about them both.

UGA I may change before the season starts - their Qb struggled some the last few weeks - but felt too homer-ish not throwing in a loss somewhere.

Let's go back to Atlanta boys!

My way-too-early predictions for 2014 is:

Auburn, after having another year in a completely in tact coaching staff's systems, will play better all around than last season.

There will only be one "close game won in the last minute of the game" and that will be at Ole Miss.

The loss of about half of the SEC's experienced starting QB's from last season will help our secondary.

The two mississippi schools will be our toughest games from a defensive standpoint.

Uat will be our toughest game from an offensive standpoint.

Auburn will dominate the regular season 12-0.

Auburn will win the SECCG against either USCe (rematch reminiscent of 2010) or Mizzou (not near as close as the 2013 game).

The playoff semifinal will be a slaughter with three weeks to prepare for whoever and will be a sweet Rose Bowl redemption victory.

The first Division-I College Football Playoff Championship will be Auburn's in yet another undefeated season.

(side note: With Vanderbilt struggling to rebuild after Franklin's departure, Tennessee will begin their return to relevance in their state and the conference with a victory in Knoxville over uat.)

War Eagle everybody!

Homer? probably.

Accurate? definitely.

I think the AU-LSU game will decide the SEC West next year. I predict Alabama to fall off considerably and TAMU, I think, will perform next year like they did in the second half of 2013 after we knocked the wind out of them.

In 2013, we got significantly better literally every week. In 2014, I predict AU will start the season playing the quality offense we saw in about week 5-6 last year. And I think the defense will be stronger from day one. I always hate to make predictions like this but I think Stanford, AU, Ohio State, and FSU make the first playoffs next year.

For me the USCe, LSU, and Bama games are toss ups. I think we will win but could see a loss. All other games I expect to win. May not be blowouts but we should win them. Lsu scares me the most simply because their defense should be one of the best next year. I think it will be us and USCe or Missouri again for SEC title. Then playoffs.

I can see USC, LSU, and uat being tough games, but as good as the LSU backup QB looked in that bowl game, this year he will not have many of the guys around him. LSU and uat lose a ton of starters to graduation and leaving early for NFL, more than the norm even. I think bama will be better on O with RBs coming back and probably an adequate QB transferring in, but questions will surround their OL and D. USC will benefit from the backup QB having quite a bit of experience, same with Mizzou, just depends on if they can adequately replace defensive players. UF has a potential to be competitive once again, with solid group returning on D, just depends on how implementation of new O goes and new QB that will be deciding factor on how well they do.

I do think the SEC is AU's for the taking. I see the D improving significantly like the O did this past year.

8/30 Arky W 52-17

9/6 SJSU W 72-6

9/20 @ KSU W 37-28

9/27 La Tech W 42-10

10/4 LSU W 28-27

10/11 @ MSU W 31-20

10/25 USCe W 38-25

11/1 @ Ole Miss W 25-21

11/8 TAMU W 45-28

11/15 @ Ga W 38-35

11/22 Samford W 100-2

11/29 @ Turds W 30-30 in OT, missed FG returned for a TD, Auburn wins by 6.

Atlanta SEC CG, Missouri v. Auburn, Auburn wins 55-54

First Round, Alabama beats Auburn

(just kidding)

Nobody's a bigger AU fan than me yet there's never been a year I predicted we'd win every game...until now. Our 2014 schedule puts LSU at Jordan Hare which is huge IMO. Playing KState on the road early is worrisome. Both UGA & Bama will likely be in title contention when they play us and I'm although worried about UGA although they'll be Murray-less (team with the ball last wins again?), we've been totally in Bama's heads for a decade (only losing to them the year illegal picks were, er, allowed and the 2 years when Spring Hill College would have given us a game), Bama will probably blunder in Jordan Hare-West with a new QB under that pressure.

National title game: Auburn vs FSU rematch.

Yeah an Aaron Murray-less Georgia plus pitting Richt up against GM i'll take us in that one

And an Alabama without AJM, CM, and Clinton Dix yeah i like our odds there too

LSU is always a concern

No way Miss State will touch us this year

Honestly Ole Miss concerns me the most

10/4 LSU W- This one will be a fight, mainly due to their never-ending stream of ridiculous athletes- and they might actually be upgrading at QB- but I like our chances. I agree w/ aucanucktiger that this one being at home is huge. I can't think of another rivalry where home field provides more of an advantage.

10/11 @ MSU- We're going to crush these guys. The only reason they ever give us trouble is because we usually play them at least 2 weeks earlier in the season, and we haven't had year-to-year continuity since Brandon Cox was under center.

11/15 @ Ga- No Murray, no worries.

11/29 @ Turds- Derrick Henry and OJ Howard are going to make things much, much easier for whoever their QB is. I think this is the rare season where we'd be better off playing them on the front nine, because we will be the better team in week 1. I still think we'll be the better team in late November, but I'm not about to predict this game in January.

Besides that, I see a lot of relatively uninteresting wins.

I really don't understand the LSU love here. They lost their senior quarterback, their top two runningbacks and their top two wide receivers. Our defense will be better next season and I don't think our offense is every going to really struggle to score with CGM at the helm. I see us holding them to very little scoring and ultimately blowing them out.

Not picking on the OP but I have no idea where you are getting your ideas. Without a doubt AU returns more of its two deep than any other team in the SEC, and especially in key positions of leadership. Not only that but it is one of the few teams that also lost no one from the coaching staff. The only way we lose one is if some bad luck befalls us and we lose a close one in the final minute. Most every preseason poll out there has us in the top 5 for a reason. I think we cruise into the final 4. WDE

I really don't understand the LSU love here. They lost their senior quarterback, their top two runningbacks and their top two wide receivers. Our defense will be better next season and I don't think our offense is every going to really struggle to score with CGM at the helm. I see us holding them to very little scoring and ultimately blowing them out.

The "love" comes from the fact that since Miles's first season in 2005, they've only had 2 seasons where they didn't win at least 10 games- the most recent being in 2009. Les's average W-L over 9 seasons is 10.56-1.67, and it's even better than that over the last 4 years. That is the definition of earning the benefit of the doubt.

Btw, have you watched their new QB play?

The "love" comes from the fact that since Miles's first season in 2005, they've only had 2 seasons where they didn't win at least 10 games- the most recent being in 2009. Les's average W-L over 9 seasons is 10.56-1.67, and it's even better than that over the last 4 years. That is the definition of earning the benefit of the doubt.

That's all well and dandy but I still don't think they give us much of a game next year. I watched their new QB play in the Outback Bowl and was not impressed. It was Hill's 200+ yards that won them that game - not Jennings' arm.

That's all well and dandy but I still don't think they give us much of a game next year. I watched their new QB play in the Outback Bowl and was not impressed. It was Hill's 200+ yards that won them that game - not Jennings' arm.

I absolutely was impressed- as were many others, judging by the thread that was dedicated to the subject awhile back- but I hope you're right. We haven't beaten LSU very often- and haven't really thumped them at all- during Les's tenure.

Archived