2016 3* RB Dedrick Mills (Georgia Tech commit)

Newbomb

Why is here an auburn add or schedule from what appears to be 2011 on their web site. That is strange.

you can say that again.

Why is here an auburn add or schedule from what appears to be 2011 on their web site. That is strange.

you can say that again.

you can say that again.

Strange? No. The way it reads seems more like Greek to me.

you can say that again.

Me =>

touchedum.jpg<= You

you can say that again.

I agree........I think..?

• 5 months later...

Toward the end of the school year Ware County's coach left and they hired a new coach and OC. They will be running the Delaware Wing T and big things are predicted for Dedrick this year.

Toward the end of the school year Ware County's coach left and they hired a new coach and OC. They will be running the Delaware Wing T and big things are predicted for Dedrick this year.

That would prepare him quite well for our offense. Thanks for the info.

New coach is the guy who coached Justin Garrett at Tucker HS in metro Atlanta. I know this coach fairly well and know that he will get the most out Mills and the rest of the Ware co team. If Mills were to choose AU we'd be getting a player who is used to discipline and focusing on the little details that win football games.

• 1 month later...

I was in attendance Friday night in the Swamp at Waycross when the #5 or #6 depending on the poll Coffee High Trojans came calling on the #2 Ware County Gators. Coffee is moving down this year from AAAAAA ball in Georgia to AAAAA and came to the Swamp with high expectations to become the early season leader in Region 3 where they have been placed. Ware are defending region champs. Coffee is led by two 2016 verbal commitments to FSU in TE/DE Jalen Wilkerson OL Cole Minshew. What a game it was with several lead changes. In the end Ware County held on to win 24-21. Cole Minshew appears to be the real deal at OT. Wilkerson made a few plays but his most athletic play was a TE screen toward the end of the run he hurdled a Ware player. Unfortunately, hurdling is illegal and the play was called back. Coffee was probably the more talented team and should of won. Coffee went away from a dangerous running attack late in the second quarter and did not return to it until it was almost too late. Coffee had opportunity with seconds left in the game to win it or kick a field goal to tie but mental mistakes and penalties took them out of field goal range and the Gator defense denied them a touchdown. Ware was the more disciplined team. Dedrick Mills was a man among boys. He played every defensive snap at inside linebacker. It also seemed that when Ware needed a big play on offense in came Mills to make it. On one drive Mills was brought in when the Gators had a 3rd and 20+. He caught a short pass over the middle and turned in an electrifying run for more than was needed to get the first. He had two other big runs in the drive before scoring. His name was called many times on defense. I am not a coach just a fan I do not think inside linebacker would be his natural position but as I said he played a heck of a game. Ware appears to need him more on defense but this kid appears to be a stud at RB,,,

I just watched Mills HUDL highlights. He plays both ways. Don't tell Mikey but I think he may be a better LB than he is a RB. He looks really great at LB.

• 1 month later...

Listened to only a few minutes of the Ware County game Friday on the radio. During those few minutes Dedrick broke a 70+ yard TD up the middle and had a pick 6. The TD was called back for a block in the back but the int stood. The run can be seen on Maxpreps website. They list him as being 5 11 208. I have stood beside him and he does not appear quite that big or tall. They also call him an OLB but in the game I watched he played MLB.

Archived