2015 4* ATH Torrance Gibson (Ohio State signee)

ellitor

4_931226.jpg

Torrance Gibson, Dual-Threat QB

Fort Lauderdale, FL (American Heritage)

Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 200

- Recruiter: Rhett Lashlee (P)

- Visited AU 3/25/14

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Boston College, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami (Fl.), Nebraska, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Penn State, South Florida, Tennessee, UCF, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin, among others.

247Sports: 5* (Top247 - No. 10)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals100 - No. 49)

Scout: 5*

Gibson is an elite athlete who can do so much at a high level on a football field. If he wanted, he could be a top safety or wide receiver, but over the past year he has developed into an elite quarterback with still so much room to improve. He sees the field well, he has great mobility, he can make any throw, and he is a quarterback defenses have to worry about in and out of the pocket. He has a lot of upside. - Chad Simmons

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=5928472

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting... He's a lefty....

Also, we have a commit in Queen already.

Yup. The plan is to take 3 between the 2014 and 2015 classes.

Why so many QBs? I guess its better to have too many QBs than none. But with Johnson waiting in the wings and White on the way, if we sign Queen and get this guy Gibson it's hard to imagine all of them finishing their careers at Auburn.

Why so many QBs?

Because after next year we only have 3 on scholarship: Johnson, White, Queen. They want 4 scholarship QB's.

But with Johnson waiting in the wings and White on the way, if we sign Queen and get this guy Gibson it's hard to imagine all of them finishing their careers at Auburn.

They wont, but that is the nature of the game if you want to compete for championships.

Why so many QBs? I guess its better to have too many QBs than none. But with Johnson waiting in the wings and White on the way, if we sign Queen and get this guy Gibson it's hard to imagine all of them finishing their careers at Auburn.

How would that differ from the ineffective QBs we've signed in recent years?

Why so many QBs?

Because after next year we only have 3 on scholarship: Johnson, White, Queen. They want 4 scholarship QB's.

But with Johnson waiting in the wings and White on the way, if we sign Queen and get this guy Gibson it's hard to imagine all of them finishing their careers at Auburn.

They wont, but that is the nature of the game if you want to compete for championships.

That's incorrect. Jonathan Wallace will be on scholarship until after the 2015 season unless he removes himself from the team. Now whether or not he will really compete for the starting job is highly unlikely, so the rest of this post is valid.

Why so many QBs?

That's incorrect. Jonathan Wallace will be on scholarship until after the 2015 season unless he removes himself from the team. Now whether or not he will really compete for the starting job is highly unlikely, so the rest of this post is valid.

Technically but he will not QB again unless the others get hurt. He is a chracter and leadership guy but will probably play another actual meaningful down again at QB at AU. That's not a knock on him. It's just reality. So he might as well not be counted in that competitions numbers case.

Wow. His tape is as impressive as I've seen for a high school QB. Great touch, throws well on the run, can throw an accurate deep ball, and insanely fast and elusive in and out of the pocket. And he's playing against solid talent too. I would love to get this kid in an AU uniform.

Gibson certainly looks like the real deal. He reminds me of Cam after watching his video. He could use about 25 more pds.

Why so many QBs?

Wallace has some upsides. Would like to see him in the rotation at another position.

This guy has an eye-popping highlights and would love to get him, but I also really like Queen, who is a (slightly) slower but much meatier version of Gibson. It feels like we're getting greedy and I hope we don't lose Queen. I honestly believe Queen can be everything Gibson can be with the addition of being able to "Tebow" it up the middle. I just have a hard time believing two guys of this caliber would agree to sign with the same team. If our coaches pull that off, holy cow.

Gibson certainly looks like the real deal. He reminds me of Cam after watching his video. He could use about 25 more pds.

I agree he has the same running style as Cam but being a port sider his throws don't look like Cam a bit.

So with Sean and Tyler plus one in the next two years, does this offer mean we are out with Treon this year? Doesn't matter to me because you'd be crazy not to offer this kid regardless.

Would our recruitment of him lessen if we get T Harris?

Just a logical guess but that would depend if TH impresses our staff enough to stay at QB after he got here.

So with Sean and Tyler plus one in the next two years, does this offer mean we are out with Treon this year? Doesn't matter to me because you'd be crazy not to offer this kid regardless.

No. We are offering TH as an ATH with an opportunity at QB if he impresses. TH is not recruited as a QB.

I agree he has the same running style as Cam but being a port sider his throws don't look like Cam a bit.

Port sider is a great term, but I prefer southpaw. WDE

It's really a crap shoot on QBs. You just never know which guy will be THE guy. Kodi Burns and Kiehl Frazier were both 5* dual threat QBs, among the best in the country. Johnny Manziel was a 3 star and Nick Marshall was signed to play DB at UGA.

You gotta take one really good QB prospect each year, sometimes two, in order to find the right guys. Would love to have Gibson in our 2015 signing class. He might be the guy to take over on 2017. Ya never know.

Archived