2015 5* CB Tarvarus McFadden (FSU signee)

ellitor

4_883207.jpg

Tarvarus McFadden, CB

Fort Lauderdale, FL

6'3 / 198

- AU offered 1/28/14

- Attended A-Day

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 54)

Rivals: 5* (Rivals100 - No. 18)

Scout: 4*

Offers: Akron, Alabama, Auburn, Boston College, Cincinnati, Clemson, Florida, Florida Atlantic, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Indiana, Louisville, LSU, Miami (Fl.), Mississippi, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, Rutgers, South Carolina, Syracuse, Tennessee, UCF, Wake Forest, West Virginia, Western Kentucky and Wisconsin, among others.

HUDL Highlights

1306462.jpg

Sorry if this is something obvious, but any relation to Walt McFadden?

Don't know yet. Just found out about him yesterday.

There was a guy who played for UNA and he was related to the McFadden in the nfl. I want to say younger brother or half brother maybe? I'll check it out

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ahh, the University of Auburn. The good old U of A.

Hey, I don't care if he calls us the University of New Zealand (which I hear is quite nice this time of year) as long as he makes his way down here.

I want this kid BAD, he's like 6'2 or so with long arms. He can be a shut down corner.

Chillin with Gus ...

Auburn showing Major love! 270a.png

BlmT6-XIIAAaBIt.jpg

@Tee_Time24

Seeing him next to Gus he really is 6'2" tall maybe even a little taller. So often I have seen players listed at 6'1" or 6'2" then when I am next to them they are just barely taller then me and I am an honest 5'10". Tall long arms this is the kind of kid we need to match up with some of the tall receivers in the SEC.

I think we've got a great shot with this kid after his visit this weekend. Any idea when he's set to decide?

• 1 month later...

Just made his Top 9 at #6, FSU leads...

1. FSU

2. LSU

3. UGA

4. OSU

5. Bama

6. AU

7. UCF

8. Clemson

9. USC

If that's his list in order of preference, we need to be looking elsewhere. He's been here, seen the campus and visited with our coaches. Ordinarily we are better than #6 with guys that have been here and liked what they saw. I guess it's good that we squeaked in there just ahead of UCF.

No, I'm not saying give up on him. I'm saying we need to emphasize some "plan B" guys instead of wasting inordinate hopes on McFadden.

Just made his Top 9 at #6, FSU leads...

1. FSU

2. LSU

3. UGA

4. OSU

5. Bama

6. AU

7. UCF

8. Clemson

9. USC

If that's his list in order of preference, we need to be looking elsewhere. He's been here, seen the campus and visited with our coaches. Ordinarily we are better than #6 with guys that have been here and liked what they saw. I guess it's good that we squeaked in there just ahead of UCF.

No, I'm not saying give up on him. I'm saying we need to emphasize some "plan B" guys instead of wasting inordinate hopes on McFadden.

He's been a big FSU lean for a long time. My guess is that's where he ends up. I think we end up picking up a commitment from Slayton.

Archived