2014 Scholarship Breakdown (Updated: 12/31/14)

WarEagleAU

Before last season, our QB, LT, LG, and WR (Bray, Coates, Louis, and Uzomah), as well as several of our DT's and DE's had not proven anything either, considering all of them except Marshall contributed to a 3-9 season. The offensive players got a break because they were relearning a system they had previous experience with or were recruited for. I seem to remember that it worked out pretty well once they hit the field though.

Mikey, it's really getting old! For the last 3 years the defense has been under 3 different defensive coordinators. That is 3 different philosophical changes, 3 different visions, 3 different roles, 3 different responsibilities. If you had a job where you needed to learn how to use a specific software, and as soon as you learned it, and got use to it, your management changed it to something completely different. Then they did the same process again once you learned it and got used to it. How proficient or should I say deficient would you be at using that system?

Secondly look at this link.

http://www.cbssports...nkings/2016/ILB

I'm not putting it there to try to change your mind, because I really could care less. But at some point YOU need to realize that others have a right to think differently than you and learn how the hell to respect someone else's opinion even if you don't agree with it. It really is getting freaking old and I'm getting tired of coming to this site to see you bashing Auburn football players. If you don't like the product by all means find a new one.

I suppose you failed to note that I was responding to people that posted the dripping sarcasm thing? Talk about irony! Also...I can't help what you're tired of. If you don't like the comments here by all means find a new message board. Alternatively, you can hope our LB play becomes acceptable.

Somebody thinks Frost will be the #1 LB pick in the, uh, 2016 draft? They must think he's going to step up his game considerably. He's only got two years to get a lot done.

Two years is definitely not enough time. And it's too bad he can't step up his game and be the type of LB to chase down Heisman QB's from behind....oh wait.

Mikey, it's really getting old! For the last 3 years the defense has been under 3 different defensive coordinators. That is 3 different philosophical changes, 3 different visions, 3 different roles, 3 different responsibilities. If you had a job where you needed to learn how to use a specific software, and as soon as you learned it, and got use to it, your management changed it to something completely different. Then they did the same process again once you learned it and got used to it. How proficient or should I say deficient would you be at using that system?

I'm not putting it there to try to change your mind, because I really could care less. But at some point YOU need to realize that others have a right to think differently than you and learn how the hell to respect someone else's opinion even if you don't agree with it. It really is getting freaking old and I'm getting tired of coming to this site to see you bashing Auburn football players. If you don't like the product by all means find a new one.

I suppose you failed to note that I was responding to people that posted the dripping sarcasm thing? Talk about irony! Also...I can't help what you're tired of. If you don't like the comments here by all means find a new message board. Alternatively, you can hope our LB play becomes acceptable.

Somebody thinks Frost will be the #1 LB pick in the, uh, 2016 draft? They must think he's going to step up his game considerably. He's only got two years to get a lot done.

I suppose you failed to note you were speaking on sarcasm. I suppose I could find a new site but I'm not. So every time you attack an AU player then I will be on your :moon: until I'm gone or you are. It's one thing to offer critique, it another thing to just be nasty. You never know whose family member you berate from the safety of anonymity. Where's your substance mikey? Support your statements. Every time you post on this subject I won't be far behind. WDE

1)Support my statements? The facts support my statements. We had zero LB's selected to the pre season all-SEC team, for the fourth year in a row. People make a lot out of having nine linebackers when not one of the nine has put together a solid all-star type season. You can have 29 like that and still have poor linebacking.

If it suits someone's convenience to call the star position a linebacker today (on other days it is not) then the best we can do is put up a converted DB, Therezie, as our all-SEC guy.

2)You can tell me to pick another team to support but I can't tell you to pick another message board? Life ain't like that.

3) I'll see AUenginerd's Frost running Johnny Football down from behind and raise you two, Frost getting bulldozed over by non-fearsome runners Aaron Murray and A.J. McCarron, both times on critical plays late in the game.

Frost has great measurables, thus his 5* HS rating and high prediction in the '16 draft. Our entire LB corps has numbers, measurables and no accomplishments. I'm expecting Tre Williams and if he's healthy, Deshaun Davis, to bump their ways up the chart and get significant playing time very soon. The guys in front of those freshmen simply haven't produced. If you think that's being nasty, sorry. It's not being nasty it's being factual.

You're right that they haven't produced, Mikey, but it's absolutely not factual to say that they can't.

It would seem that you could at least wait until the middle of the season to complain about their performance. Complaining about it ahead of time is puzzling.

1)Support my statements? The facts support my statements. We had zero LB's selected to the pre season all-SEC team, for the fourth year in a row. People make a lot out of having nine linebackers when not one of the nine has put together a solid all-star type season. You can have 29 like that and still have poor linebacking.

If it suits someone's convenience to call the star position a linebacker today (on other days it is not) then the best we can do is put up a converted DB, Therezie, as our all-SEC guy.

2)You can tell me to pick another team to support but I can't tell you to pick another message board? Life ain't like that.

3) I'll see AUenginerd's Frost running Johnny Football down from behind and raise you two, Frost getting bulldozed over by non-fearsome runners Aaron Murray and A.J. McCarron, both times on critical plays late in the game.

Frost has great measurables, thus his 5* HS rating and high prediction in the '16 draft. Our entire LB corps has numbers, measurables and no accomplishments. I'm expecting Tre Williams and if he's healthy, Deshaun Davis, to bump their ways up the chart and get significant playing time very soon. The guys in front of those freshmen simply haven't produced. If you think that's being nasty, sorry. It's not being nasty it's being factual.

Before Carl Lawson comes up with his big 4th down stop in the 4th quarter of the Iron Bowl, Kris Frost stonewalls Yeldon on 3rd and short to push it to 4th and less than one. It's around 6:35 remaining in the game if you need a reference. Everyone has good plays and bad plays. According to your logic Michael Jordan can't play a lick of basketball because he was cut from his high school basketball team.

McKinzy will start middle,

Frost will start outside

Swain, Flowers, Mitchell and Toney will back them up.

Williams will play lots of special teams and Davis has already been redshirted because he is coming off an injury. That information is in other threads and shows you don't do any homework. Let me tell you a secret, "just because you say it over and over and over doesn't make it true." Your selective memory sucks.

http://www.cbssports...s-all-sec-teams

McKinzy is 3rd Team preseason All SEC this year.

That's 3 selections on the first, second, and third teams which is 9 linebackers. 9 out of 149 linebackers (247sports.com) in the SEC. Cassanova McKinzy makes the top 9. Cassanova McKinzy is in the 6th percentile of all SEC linebackers. That's pretty elite to me.

http://www.cbssports...s-all-sec-teams

McKinzy is 3rd Team preseason All SEC this year.

That's 3 selections on the first, second, and third teams which is 9 linebackers. 9 out of 149 linebackers (247sports.com) in the SEC. Cassanova McKinzy makes the top 9. Cassanova McKinzy is in the 6th percentile of all SEC linebackers. That's pretty elite to me.

Your list shows us with ONE THIRD TEAM linebacker listed. If that seems elite, or even adequate to you, live long and prosper but that level of play won't help our defense step it up a notch.

You're right that they haven't produced, Mikey, but it's absolutely not factual to say that they can't.

It would seem that you could at least wait until the middle of the season to complain about their performance. Complaining about it ahead of time is puzzling.

I didn't say thay can't, I did imply that I don't think they will. I'm not complaining about this ahead of time, I've been saying the same thing for over two years now and so far I have been correct. Like the QB on offense, a defense's ability to perform is somewhat dictated by the capability of its linebackers and ours have not been outstanding since Josh Bynes graduated. It's past time for Auburn to put some top-level LB's on the field.

McKinzy will start middle,

Frost will start outside

Swain, Flowers, Mitchell and Toney will back them up.

Williams will play lots of special teams and Davis has already been redshirted because he is coming off an injury. That information is in other threads and shows you don't do any homework. Let me tell you a secret, "just because you say it over and over and over doesn't make it true." Your selective memory sucks.

So now you are clairvoyant? That's not information you are seeing in other threads, it's speculation. Here's a clue: The two are quite different.

I thought you'd be delirious with joy that I have such high hopes for Tre Williams and Davis too, if he recovers sufficiently. No joy from you? Oh well, if Williams/Davis or both are playing lots of snaps by game four or five, you heard it here first. No, make that second. Someone else here has already stated they thought that will probably happen.

Frost is getting a lot of love from NFL scouts who saw him develop last year as he is now focused on being a linebacker for 2 years. They note his intelligence and athleticism and an obvious improvement on the field as the season progressed and understanding the system. I know you want him to do well, just like all of us, and hopefully we see a big jump this year because he is now in the same system and should be able to be the play maker we all are looking for. Let these guys develop under new coaching and system before we say they are not SEC caliber.

I thought Frost looked (mostly) good that latter 1/2-1/3 of the season last year. His shoulder still looks like it bothers him but I thought he started looking more like the 5-star athlete that he is at the end of the year. I think he's better suited outside and if playing there this year will be a very pleasant surprise- maybe not a Fairley kind of surprise but one that justifies some of the optimism people are expressing here (everyone raise their hand that predicted Nick to dominate and win national awards before the start of 2010). Plus, he seems like a really good kid-I'm really pulling for him.

Can we get an All Things LB thread so this topic does not keep spilling over into numerous threads on this and the recruiting forum?

Mods do your job and set up a thread so these boys can carry on their pi***** match over LB w/o wasting the time of those of us who are interested in the current thred title.

Can we get an All Things LB thread so this topic does not keep spilling over into numerous threads on this and the recruiting forum?

I agree with ellitor. We are side-tracking WarEagleAU's great thread and he posts important information here. Those who want to disagree with or insult me, post something in the Woodshed (I guess) and let me know it's there. To the best of my knowledge I have never posted in the Woodshed and don't check in there but I don't have a philosophical problem with doing so.

We're gonna miss Tre Mason! Only 2 upper classmen at RB? Grant doesn't have the size to get 30+ carries a game. Something was amiss towards the end of 2013 when CAP went MIA. That leaves us with 3 Freshmen....

LOL What?

Talk it your friend Mikey.

Talk it your friend Mikey.

Talk "to" your friend Mikey.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I feel that with the 2015 recruiting class, will bring our total of 4 & 5 star players significantly up.

Archived