More Than Any Other Team

Elephant Tipper

That's pretty cool. I wonder how they calculate that (i.e., if they include home and road game fans for both teams... championship games... etc.).

We play in the league with the largest stadiums. We also played one more game than most teams (conference championship) and our bowl game wasn't half-filled like many others this year.

It is indeed great to be an Auburn Tiger. Greatest family in the world.

Hate to be that guy but we did have an extra game over most of the bigger teams in the league by playing in the SECCG. I am sure our average per game isn't first seeing as how we don't have a huge stadium compared to some others.

Hate to be that guy but we did have an extra game over most of the bigger teams in the league by playing in the SECCG. I am sure our average per game isn't first seeing as how we don't have a huge stadium compared to some others.

e8pr84.jpg :-\ j/k TC

And didn't they get to see some exciting football too? A season for the ages. :hellyeah:

And just an observation but some of the teams with large homes stadiums also play away games in smaller stadiums. But I like the idea of a couple extra games....let's do it again.

Cue stadium expansion talk in 3... 2... 1...

golf's idea of expansion = more bathrooms

I'm with golf on that....

That's pretty cool. I wonder how they calculate that (i.e., if they include home and road game fans for both teams... championship games... etc.).

They calculate it by attendance at the games, so that figure is a bit misleading. Every time a person showed up for a game they were counted as an individual person, even if they'd already been to several previous games. So the actual number of people who saw Auburn play in person is really not quite that high.

The same would hold true for TV viewing. Each time a set is tuned to an Auburn game that's counted as a new viewer, even if that set had watched all the Auburn games leading up to that.

Depends. :dunno:

Now, are you creating an alternative solution to needing more bathrooms? :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing:

Depends. :dunno:

Now, are you creating an alternative solution to needing more bathrooms? :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing:

Oh TG that hurts :dunno:

I'm with golf on that....

Add me to the list on this. Bring back the Supper Club-style troughs so we can get in and out of there...

• 2 months later...

Expansion of moderate proportions would be a good idea. Why not get the seating up and over the 90,000 mark. A stadium holding 90,500 would be perfect. The extra seating could be in the end-zones. Also, a facelift on the exterior sections of the end-zones would greatly enhance the beauty of the stadium. We do this, then we will have the best looking stadium on the conference.

They won't do it until we sell out every game for a year or two straight. Economics :-(

Expansion of moderate proportions would be a good idea. Why not get the seating up and over the 90,000 mark. A stadium holding 90,500 would be perfect. The extra seating could be in the end-zones. Also, a facelift on the exterior sections of the end-zones would greatly enhance the beauty of the stadium. We do this, then we will have the best looking stadium on the conference.

I would hope they will go ahead with the facelift soon and have that done. It is long past time for that regardless of whether they ever add more seats.

Archived