2015 3* CB Jalen Thompson (South Alabama signee)

EagleDamnWar

One Crystal Ball prediction to Auburn, leads 100%. Jalen says Auburn leads. "Lifelong Auburn fan" and entire family supports Auburn. Best friends with Tre Williams. Visited for UGA and bama game.

Question, is this kid really that good, (I am inclined to think so due to the UF & Vandy offers, and I understand that the recruiting services usually don't get it right) but him being unranked seems sketchy. Could that be due to a lack of camps attended, or lack of big game attention, etc?

Question, is this kid really that good, (I am inclined to think so due to the UF & Vandy offers, and I understand that the recruiting services usually don't get it right) but him being unranked seems sketchy. Could that be due to a lack of camps attended, or lack of big game attention, etc?

some of the best players have been 3-2 stars or even unranked. I trust the coaches.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly, it just seems odd that we would be looking at someone who will likely be around for a while when we could be looking at some bigger name talent, but if the guy is who Gus & co want, I am all for it.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly, it just seems odd that we would be looking at someone who will likely be around for a while when we could be looking at some bigger name talent, but if the guy is who Gus & co want, I am all for it.

Just hasn't been evaluated yet. I would guess he is a 3 star.

• 2 weeks later...

UNO 1⃣@NoFlyZone_7 22m

Top 5: 1. Florida 2. Georgia 3. Louisville, 4. South Carolina 5 Auburn

Looks like the visit didn't much for our position with him. I mean I'm glad we are in the Top 5, but was hoping for Top 3

UNO 1⃣@NoFlyZone_7 22m

Looks like the visit didn't much for our position with him. I mean I'm glad we are in the Top 5, but was hoping for Top 3

He will commit to Auburn if coaches tell him he is a take.

UNO 1⃣@NoFlyZone_7 22m

Yep. Has AU #5 because he doesn't have an AU offer yet.

He doesn`t seem to fit the mold size wise of our latest signees/ commits/ interest level. Could that be the reason we have not offered? Just think out loud.

UNO 1⃣@NoFlyZone_7 22m

Yep. Has AU #5 because he doesn't have an AU offer yet.

Thanks for the clarification, good to know he might be waiting on us.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Byron Cowart a Florida Lean just announced he will be visiting Auburn next Month

Strongside Defensive End

6'4"

250 pounds

4.6 40

Armwood HS

Seffner, Fl

Archived