2015 3* CB Kaleel Gaines (Michigan State signee)

EagleDamnWar

This article says he has high interest in OSU and Auburn. http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2014/1/27/5344110/ohio-state-recruiting-kaleel-gaines-15-wr-talks-buckeyes-early

Towards the end...

"Gaines has conversations with many different coaching staffs, but there are two that he's the closest to at this point in the recruiting process.

"Ohio State and Auburn, too," Gaines said. "I talk to coaches from those two teams quite a bit."

It's tough to tell which way Gaines is leaning right now, but if I had to guess, my gut says Auburn. Another thing of note is his younger brother, Xavier, is one of, if not the top quarterback in the 2016 class. He's leaning towards Florida State, but has a high amount of interest in the Buckeyes. I'm sure the brothers would like to play together at the next level, but that won't be the deciding factor. Kaleel has yet to receive an offer from the Seminoles. If the Bucks get Gaines on campus, they'll definitely be in the thick of things."

• 1 month later...

247 has Gaines listed as a 3* now, with Ohio State leading the crystal ball predictions.

I haven't heard anything about this guy--is Auburn still going after him?

• 4 months later...

saw on rivals where this guy is making a decision soon. They have him labeled as a 3* but has an offer list as long as a 4 or 5 star. I see where we are going after him. How good this guy?

saw on rivals where this guy is making a decision soon. They have him labeled as a 3* but has an offer list as long as a 4 or 5 star. I see where we are going after him. How good this guy?

He did well at the AU camp. We are recruiting him at CB not WR though and it's not known yet if he's a take for AU. His top 3 though are Michigan St, AU, and Bama. Looks like he is MSU bound.

@leely_football: - Commitment coming REAL soon!

Not sure we are taking any others unless someone flips. Gaines is most likely committing elsewhere.

@leely_football: - Commitment coming REAL soon!

Not sure we are taking any others unless someone flips. Gaines is most likely committing elsewhere.

Could very well be, I didn't specify or insinuate it was AU he was committing to.

Archived