2015 4* WR Darius Slayton flips from UGA to AU!

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of a sudden our DB recruiting's reeling a bit.

Huh? We just got a commit today. Slayton may still be able to get on board if Bridges jumps....

:dunno:

...and are apparently losing ground with another commit, as well as a prospect, both 4*s.

But Ben Edwards, Jordan Colbert and Chris Westry aren't good enough for you?

...and are apparently losing ground with another commit, as well as a prospect, both 4*s.

Oh ... stargazing.

I wouldn't describe us as "reeling" -- but I'm a glass-half-full kinda guy.

We are done at CB and safety unless Bridges or Atkinson flips. I know that's a possibility. But maybe the fact that Slayton can come in and have a chance to fight for a starting spot at Auburn will convince him to stick to his commitment. If not, maybe Slayton will come on board. If not, we will find someone else.

Atkinson might stick, too, you know.

In defense of this statement, I believe he's talking about CB prospects only. Right now we have a shaky commit in Bridges and a project guy in Westry. Getting another solid CB prospect on board wouldn't hurt a thing.

In defense of this statement, I believe he's talking about CB prospects only. Right now we have a shaky commit in Bridges and a project guy in Westry. Getting another solid CB prospect on board wouldn't hurt a thing.

My guess is that Slayton has lost his spot unless Bridges flips.

If Westry is a project, coaches must feel good both about his potential and about our CB situation in general.

I'm not seeing anything I'd describe as "reeling."

If Westry is a project, coaches must feel good both about his potential and about our CB situation in general.

^^^THIS^^^

^^^THIS^^^

Picked up 3 4* allstar game quality DBs in last years class. All are if the bigger breed we are moving towards. Reports from Spring and Summer were positive from a development standpoint. We're seemingly better now than we have been in a few years.

AU backed off Slayton. Why I don't know. Looks to me like no one is really pressing Slayton to commit, even the leg humpers.

AU thinks, going to have to work, they will keep both Bridges and Atchison.

I can speak to Slayton. (Family works @ GAC) He is wanting to play WR or at least be put there first and move if need be. UGA has told him they would do this.

AU backed off Slayton. Why I don't know. Looks to me like no one is really pressing Slayton to commit, even the leg humpers.

AU thinks, going to have to work, they will keep both Bridges and Atchison.

Good info, thanks!

I can speak to Slayton. (Family works @ GAC) He is wanting to play WR or at least be put there first and move if need be. UGA has told him they would do this.

Makes sense. Thanks, Dixie.

All of a sudden our DB recruiting's reeling a bit.

Reeling???? Unless Bridges flips we are done wth DBs for this class. It's my understanding Westry jumped Slayton on our board with his camp performance last week.

Oh ... stargazing.

We are done at CB and safety unless Bridges or Atkinson flips. I know that's a possibility. But maybe the fact that Slayton Bridges can come in and have a chance to fight for a starting spot at Auburn will convince him to stick to his commitment. If not, maybe Slayton will come on board. If not, we will find someone else.

FIFY. We likely will not replace Atkimson if he were to flip because we still have 4 safeties and stars combined in this class counting Tray Matthews' transfer

Maybe but ATM the staff is not planning to take another CB unless Bridges flips.

Oh ... stargazing.

We are done at CB and safety unless Bridges or Atkinson flips. I know that's a possibility. But maybe the fact that Slayton Bridges can come in and have a chance to fight for a starting spot at Auburn will convince him to stick to his commitment. If not, maybe Slayton will come on board. If not, we will find someone else.

FIFY. We likely will not replace Atkimson if he were to flip because we still have 4 safeties and stars combined in this class counting Tray Matthews' transfer

Yeah, I meant Bridges can come in and compete for a starting job, so he might stick.

Makes more sense as AU wanted him at CB.

• 3 months later...

Auburn led early for this guy, but we backed off after we got Westry. It now appears to be a UGA/Tenn battle with Tenn trending. I have a feeling that this is going to be a guy that we wish we would have taken!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a bump. He is in Auburn tonight. Interesting. The reason he went to UGA was because he wanted to play WR. So this is a pretty big deal.

Just a bump. He is in Auburn tonight. Interesting. The reason he went to UGA was because he wanted to play WR. So this is a pretty big deal.

Interesting

Archived