2015 4* JUCO CB Tony Bridges (Ole Miss signee)

McLoofus

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though Bridges has flipped does that mean we have not chance to flip him back. :dunno:

Probably largely dependent on whether he will enroll in January or not... Anyone know the answer there?

Even though Bridges has flipped does that mean we have not chance to flip him back. :dunno:

Probably largely dependent on whether he will enroll in January or not... Anyone know the answer there?

The answer is no.

So you telling me there is a chance?

This forum is always ready for adults to go to pieces over a JC football player. Big deal.

Why do you even post here?

Hey...it's an opinion forum...some people are eager to post their own views but not so eager to read/accept what other people think.

The guy makes a point....folks here are quick to jump off the cliff on just about any bad news....yet I've lost track of the number of JUCOs that were going to save the Auburn program...and barely made it onto the field....without being specific, we have at least one now...maybe more. JMO...but good luck to TB wherever he ends up.

The answer is no.

'No' as in he will not enroll in January?

Or 'no' as in no one knows the answer?

And, WDE, what do you think our chances are of flipping Bridges back to the good guys?

Even though Bridges has flipped does that mean we have not chance to flip him back. :dunno:/>

The answer is no.

'No' as in he will not enroll in January?

Or 'no' as in no one knows the answer?

And, WDE, what do you think our chances are of flipping Bridges back to the good guys?

Depends on Hugh Freeze to Florida.

Wonder who his replacement is for this class and when do we make that offer.... if any.

Too early to tell. This caught the staff somewhat off guard. The staff had slowed way down on talking to other CB targets. The plan is to get a 2nd CB in this class.

Seems like he's been rumored to flip for a while, if we knew that then I'd hope our coaches were aware as well. They really should not have been caught off guard whatsoever actually.

The staff always knew it would be a fight but always felt we would keep him.

Maybe he'll flip back after Ole Miss's game tonight, lol.

I think it is about location as much as anything.

Bingo...And wanting to rep his home state is winning out right now.

JMO but not too much of a surprise....seems his commitment was pillow soft for quite a while.

I totally agree with this. Bridges never visited AU. Just committed to us. It was always iffy.

Visited AU twice this season actually.

For those in the know, last yr we had some pretty good recruits like Roberts, Besset, etc.... What positions do they play

Bessent-CB. Roberts-Safety

He's always been set to be an EE no matter what college he chooses.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it is a position of need and Tony is a player who can contribute immediately. So let's say we get a splash Defensive Co hire and he wants to flip back. I wonder if we would accept it?

that time is running short, hope it works out

I know it is a position of need and Tony is a player who can contribute immediately. So let's say we get a splash Defensive Co hire and he wants to flip back. I wonder if we would accept it?

Not likely to make a big enough difference to him whom we hire.

I don't think Ellis was the reason for the flip so it probably wouldn't matter who took his place. Jmo.

Considering we haven't added anyone else since he flipped, assuming Gus&Co felt he was solid in his pledge to recommit, I've got no reason to believe we wouldn't take him.

I was more interested in if we would accept him than the reason.

We'd accept him, we couldn't afford not to. However, I see no reason why he would flip back to AU.

Considering that our corners are horrible we would be stupid to turn him away....But I did read that coach Smith went to visit him

I was more interested in if we would accept him than the reason.

We'd accept him, we couldn't afford not to. However, I see no reason why he would flip back to AU.

No? How about Auburn > Ole Miss and teenagers being susceptible to their latest influence.

Archived