2015 4* JUCO CB Tony Bridges (Ole Miss signee)

McLoofus

Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College DB Tony Bridges just committed to Auburn, per MGCCC coach Chad Huff.

@CregStephenson

"I've been wanting to be an Auburn Tiger, but my teammates made me want it even more," said Bridges, originally from Hattiesburg, Miss. "I've wanted a chance to go to the SEC, and I finally had a chance to do that here at Gulf Coast."

Bridges was a part-time starter as a freshman in 2013, totaling 28 tackles, two pass breakups and a forced fumble. He also served as the Bulldogs' primary kickoff and punt return man, averaging 29.7 yards on kickoff returns.

Bridges said he has not yet visited Auburn, but plans to do so over the summer. He said he is scheduled to graduate in December and would enroll at Auburn in January of 2015.

http://blog.gulflive...abs_commit.html

1261709.jpg

Tony Bridges, CB

Hattiesburg, MS (Hattiesburg)

Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 185

- Class of 2015

- Primary Recruiter: Melvin Smith

Offers: Mississippi State, Ole Miss

247Sports: NR

Hudl Highlights

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That tweet is the only thing I've seen. I didn't add "commits to Auburn" in the thread title b/c of the lack of additional info/confirmation.

If true, I wouldn't think it necessarily means that we are cutting ties, but it would seem like Gus is preparing for the possibility that Bessent won't be on campus in the fall.

I'll add this: this is could be a good example of why the coaches don't just fill available scholarships w/ stiffs. If Bessent ends up in the clear, then we have room for both?

Bridges is a 2015 recruit.

It may or may not have anything to do with Bessent, but this kid has been recruited by Auburn for a while now...long before Bessent ever got arrested. He will be one of the top JUCO prospects for the 2015 class. Same JUCO as Jason Smith, D'Haquille Williams, and Derrick Moncrief BTW.

Bridges is a 2015 recruit.

It may or may not have anything to do with Bessent, but this kid has been recruited by Auburn for a while now...long before Bessent ever got arrested. He will be one of the top JUCO prospects for the 2015 class. Same JUCO as Jason Smith, D'Haquille Williams, and Derrick Moncrief BTW.

Copy that, thanks for filling in some blanks.

Also, here's more:

Bridges said he has not yet visited Auburn, but plans to do so over the summer. He said he is scheduled to graduate in December and would enroll at Auburn in January of 2015.

First-year Gulf Coast head coach Chad Huff, previously the Bulldogs' offensive coordinator, said Bridges has the potential to be the No. 1 junior-college cornerback in next year's recruiting class, just as Williams was the top-rated receiver (and No. 1 overall player) for 2014.

http://blog.gulflive...abs_commit.html

Sounds like he might be a great EE for '15 (of which we might have up to 6 if Bessent doesn't make it in).

He can do this anytime he wants.

I like the way he takes it straight up the field instead of cutting across the field like most DBs do on a return.

I like this kid! He's tall, quick, and plays wide open. I'm glad we can make it happen for him.

Strange that Scout had him at 5'-11 a year ago (right before he had that growth spurt I guess). Does anyone know if he will be playing this fall or redshirting? Probably needs the work if he was only a part-time starter in JUCO this past season. Seems like most of our JUCO guys lately have not been ready to start but maybe provide backup (Bradley for one).

Strange that Scout had him at 5'-11 a year ago (right before he had that growth spurt I guess). Does anyone know if he will be playing this fall or redshirting? Probably needs the work if he was only a part-time starter in JUCO this past season. Seems like most of our JUCO guys lately have not been ready to start but maybe provide backup (Bradley for one).

Coming in here quoting scout is a good way to get cut!

Interesting. "A part time starter" as a freshman in JUCO. I don't follow JUCO at all. Is it normal to see a part time starter get SEC offers before his sophomore season? Was he heavily recruited out of HS?

I don't understand the part time starter either. He said he was a Sherman type he seems pretty confident. Gotta back it up on the field though

This should put a little maturity between the seniors and the freshmen.....and continues the trend of taller, more rangy defensive backs. WE

Archived