2015 4* JUCO CB Tony Bridges (Ole Miss signee)

McLoofus

I would hate to lose him. This is going to come down to where he can step in and play immediately. Which may mean he winds up elsewhere. I know we lose Mincy and Reed, but he rest will be back.

And we rotate a lot of players on defense, too, which could assure him that he will see the field even if he isn't given a starting job.

• 2 months later...

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump. He's gotten three Ole Miss switches today one from an Ole Miss insider.

FWIW

Who gone get my technique better, who gone look after me like a son and who gone get me too the next level that's what school I'm going too

@tdreads

FWIW

Who gone get my technique better, who gone look after me like a son and who gone get me too the next level that's what school I'm going too

@tdreads

No matter where he goes, I suggest a remedial English composition course. What are they teaching the kids in JUCO these days?

This one may get away from us. I know Ole Miss, MSU and UTk (maybe UGA as well) are feeling pressure. With the lack of enforcement by the NCAA currently it is going to inevitably mean someone is going to cut corners. Please know that I am not treading down the trail of calling every school cheaters if they beat us for a guy. I see how it looks when UGA folks accuse us of the same, and want no part of that. But to think it isn't happening somewhere is pretty naïve. I would hope the NCAA (or whatever it ends up calling itself) gets it crap together soon. We don't need for things to get all "Wild, wild, west" before anything is done/found out about. The rest of America already thinks we operate that way. I don't want to prove it to them!!

FWIW

@tdreads

No matter where he goes, I suggest a remedial English composition course. What are they teaching the kids in JUCO these days?

:dunno: E-Bonics?

Yeah I did!

FWIW

@tdreads

:dunno: E-Bonics?

Yeah I did!

If so, they need to explain the difference between too, to and two. That should stand whether ebonics or not. :)

This one may get away from us. I know Ole Miss, MSU and UTk (maybe UGA as well) are feeling pressure. With the lack of enforcement by the NCAA currently it is going to inevitably mean someone is going to cut corners. Please know that I am not treading down the trail of calling every school cheaters if they beat us for a guy. I see how it looks when UGA folks accuse us of the same, and want no part of that. But to think it isn't happening somewhere is pretty naïve. I would hope the NCAA (or whatever it ends up calling itself) gets it crap together soon. We don't need for things to get all "Wild, wild, west" before anything is done/found out about. The rest of America already thinks we operate that way. I don't want to prove it to them!!

With all due respect buddy, I don't see how that topic is relevant to TB's recruitment.

Need this guy to stay with AU in a major way. CB is a position in need right now. Hoping the freshmen can play but if 1 or 2 don't work out we'll be thin. Hope coach Smith is on top of this guy.

With all due respect buddy, I don't see how that topic is relevant to TB's recruitment.

Hmmmmm. I read the last couple pages of this thread and actually was able to perceive some relevance.

Hmmmmm. I read the last couple pages of this thread and actually was able to perceive some relevance.

It's veiled innuendo, though. Maybe E can't detect that, either.

:poke:

I can detect it just fine. I just did not go back and read the last few pages like Bark did because the last thing posted on this thread before today was 3 months ago so those pages now are irrelevant at this point.

Soft verbal, IMO. I hope he'll stick his commitment to Auburn.

I hope so too...but what are we...his second or third school at this point? Probably once a kid has jumped ship from one school, it's easier to do it again when something else catches his attention.

I hope so too...but what are we...his second or third school at this point? Probably once a kid has jumped ship from one school, it's easier to do it again when something else catches his attention.

Not sure who you are thinking about but it's not Tony Bridges. We are his first school and he has never been committed to another school.

Just teasing you, E. What's left, now that your sarcasm detector has improved?

Not sure who you are thinking about but it's not Tony Bridges. We are his first school and he has never been committed to another school.

OK..but is this the same Tony Bridges at this link...who was shown as 5'-9 playing in Mobile? https://rivals.yahoo.com/cincinnati/football/recruiting/player-Tony-Bridges-150811

OK..but is this the same Tony Bridges at this link...who was shown as 5'-9 playing in Mobile? https://rivals.yahoo.com/cincinnati/football/recruiting/player-Tony-Bridges-150811

Wrong Tony Bridges. Our commit was originally in the '13 class and went to MGCCC. He is originally from MS not AL.

:laugh: I did do a poor job of qualifying why I said that. I should have put it somewhere else maybe, BUT...

I was just pontificating about the classes these 3 (4 if you count UGA) schools are compiling despite not only, not winning championships, but never even playing for them either. They are feeling pressure. Pressure can cause people to do things, sometimes questionable things, to relieve it. A lot of people from other conferences are starting to point fingers. The NCAA has cut it's own legs out from under itself (sorta like the USA has done to itself recently). When the cat is away...yada, yada, yada. I was not implying that has anything to do with Bridges if he flips. Just do not want the SEC to go he way of the SWC whenever the NCAA gets itself together.

:laugh: I did do a poor job of qualifying why I said that. I should have put it somewhere else maybe, BUT...

I was just pontificating about the classes these 3 (4 if you count UGA) schools are compiling despite not only, not winning championships, but never even playing for them either. They are feeling pressure. Pressure can cause people to do things, sometimes questionable things, to relieve it. A lot of people from other conferences are starting to point fingers. The NCAA has cut it's own legs out from under itself (sorta like the USA has done to itself recently). When the cat is away...yada, yada, yada. I was not implying that has anything to do with Bridges if he flips. Just do not want the SEC to go he way of the SWC whenever the NCAA gets itself together.

Ahh! Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying buddy!

After being committed to us for so long, I hope Tony sticks with the Tigers because he would look good in AU O&B.

After being committed to us for so long, I hope Tony sticks with the Tigers because he would look good in AU O&B.

Yea and we could cheer for "Tony the Tiger"! This kid is very talented, it would be a bad loss.

Yea and we could cheer for "Tony the Tiger"! This kid is very talented, it would be a bad loss.

:laugh: Yep.

Who all think Tony will end up signing with ole piss and not Auburn? I'm holding out hope he'll become an Auburn Tiger.

Archived