The Firearms Thread!

WarAJEagle

I searched, but I didn't find one. I have recently started participating in GSSF (Glock Sport Shooting) and enjoy it. I was never a handgun person until now, I only grew up shooting rifles and shotguns. I also ended up picking up my Concealed Carry this year, I think I finally found my daily carry in the Springfield XDs.

For the members of the Auburn family that carry, what is your gun of choice?

I carry a S&W M&P .40 Shield, but I'm actually looking to replace it with an XDs .45. I just like the feel of Springfield weapons better and after shooting an XDs I think I prefer it to my Shield. Maybe I'll keep both.

I also have an XDm 9mm, Saiga 12, AR15, and an Arisaka Type 99.

Saiga 12 has been converted by Mach 1 Arsenal with Tapco firing control group, Hogue monogrip pistol grip, Tapco folding stock, Tapco tri-rail, Tapco vertical grip, SGM 10 round mags, and a MD Arms 20 round drum.

AR15 is an LRB mil spec upper and lower, hand polished trigger unit, Les Baer bolt and bolt carrier, Yankee Hill carbine length free float forearm, Yankee Hill 16" M4 chrome lined barrel 1x7 twist, Bravo Company charging handle, Rock River adjustable receiver extension, Rock River 5 position stock, red dot sight.

I carry a S&W M&P .40 Shield, but I'm actually looking to replace it with an XDs .45. I just like the feel of Springfield weapons better and after shooting an XDs I think I prefer it to my Shield. Maybe I'll keep both.

I also have an XDm 9mm, Saiga 12, AR15, and an Arisaka Type 99.

Saiga 12 has been converted by Mach 1 Arsenal with Tapco firing control group, Hogue monogrip pistol grip, Tapco folding stock, Tapco tri-rail, Tapco vertical grip, SGM 10 round mags, and a MD Arms 20 round drum.

AR15 is an LRB mil spec upper and lower, hand polished trigger unit, Les Baer bolt and bolt carrier, Yankee Hill carbine length free float forearm, Yankee Hill 16" M4 chrome lined barrel 1x7 twist, Bravo Company charging handle, Rock River adjustable receiver extension, Rock River 5 position stock, red dot sight.

I love my XDs (9mm), the .45 standard only carries 5 in the mag though. I carry it with the standard 7 capacity with a pierce grip. Still breaking it in from the recall though, taking some time. Is your shield snappy in a .40?

My regular carry WAS the Springfield XDm in .45 cal. My wife took it away after she shot it a few times, she really loves that gun! Her taking possession of that one "forced" me to get a Sig C3 in .45 cal. I like that one too, since I've always been partial to 1911's.

I really don't have a preference between the above two, I like both but since we became a "his & hers 45 family" I'm usually found with the Sig because she won't leave home without her XDm.

PS: Yes, we both have permits. Yes, she is a better pistol shot than I am. If i can get her out on the rifle range at 200 yards the deal changes and I win.

Winter carry weapon of choice is a Ruger P94 (.40 S&W).

Summer carry weapon of choice is a Bersa Firestorm (.380 ACP).

i was in favor of banning assault weapons and high capacity mags but after watching every episode of THE WALKING DEAD i am changed.

Zombie's have never been a real threat, but these type events did happen.

Benjamin Martin could have used a semi-automatic rifle.

My regular carry WAS the Springfield XDm in .45 cal. My wife took it away after she shot it a few times, she really loves that gun! Her taking possession of that one "forced" me to get a Sig C3 in .45 cal. I like that one too, since I've always been partial to 1911's.

I really don't have a preference between the above two, I like both but since we became a "his & hers 45 family" I'm usually found with the Sig because she won't leave home without her XDm.

PS: Yes, we both have permits. Yes, she is a better pistol shot than I am. If i can get her out on the rifle range at 200 yards the deal changes and I win.

haha oh man, that is awesome. I'm a springfield guy myself, I'm actually thinking about getting the XDm 3.8 in a .45. But.... I also want to fund an AR build. Decisions decisions....

Love my new Ruger LC9 (and my frickin laser) Ha! Also a fan of my Walther PK380, it's pretty compact and easy to use. Recently got my carry permit and have been looking at a couple other compacts.

I don't presently own one but I was intrigued by the glock 45 acp. I will buy one this spring.

Also I will put this little tidbit here. Remington is going to locate a factory in Huntsville. Supposed to announce today if they have not already done so.

I carry a Springfield .45 XDS. I like my Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag but doesn't really carry well. Looking for a revolver for my wife to carry right now.

I carry a Springfield .45 XDS. I like my Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag but doesn't really carry well. Looking for a revolver for my wife to carry right now.

How do you like the XDS? As I posted above I have an XDM in .45 cal that I really like. If I had to criticize the XDM it would be that it leaves a pretty clear print when the 13 cartridge mag is loaded. Much better with the 9 cartridge magazine.

I ask because I've been thinking about checking out the XDS, maybe shoot one on a trial basis if I can find a nearby gun store that has one available for that purpose.

I really like it, but I really have nothing to compare it too. I have never carried anything else. Have never thought much about the print, really.

Not sure where you live but Hoover Tactical may be what your looking for as far as testing something out.

I really like it, but I really have nothing to compare it too. I have never carried anything else. Have never thought much about the print, really.

Not sure where you live but Hoover Tactical may be what your looking for as far as testing something out.

I'm about 30 miles from Auburn. If there's nothing local in Auburn or Opelika my normal next place for gun stuff is Columbus, Ga. The soldiers at Benning keep a lively gun trade going around Columbus and Phenix City.

I may check out Hoover Tactical on my next pass through B'ham. Thanks.

How do you like the XDS? As I posted above I have an XDM in .45 cal that I really like. If I had to criticize the XDM it would be that it leaves a pretty clear print when the 13 cartridge mag is loaded. Much better with the 9 cartridge magazine.

I ask because I've been thinking about checking out the XDS, maybe shoot one on a trial basis if I can find a nearby gun store that has one available for that purpose.

Mikey,

I shot both the .45 and the 9mm XDs before purchasing the 9mm. Due to the size, I felt that the .45 really tore up my palms. However, I have recently shot another XDs .45 with TalonGrips on it, and it made a world of difference. Also, you are more than welcome to shoot it! I usually can be found at Shooters in Columbus on Friday afternoons.

Mikey,

I shot both the .45 and the 9mm XDs before purchasing the 9mm. Due to the size, I felt that the .45 really tore up my palms. However, I have recently shot another XDs .45 with TalonGrips on it, and it made a world of difference. Also, you are more than welcome to shoot it! I usually can be found at Shooters in Columbus on Friday afternoons.

Thanks. If I get serious about the XDs I'll send a PM and maybe we can meet up over there.

do you know anything about a jennings 9mm? cheap but i know nothing else.

ehh.... everything I've heard isn't exactly "good." There are some good cheaper options for 9mm, what are you primarily looking to use it for? Home defense?

ive heard the same. a cooworker is selling it for 100$ because he wants a different one. he has shot less than 2 boxes of ammo from it.. he and his brother and nephew bought 3 the same day 5 or 6 years ago. the nephew shot literally thousands of rounds from his and wore it out. the brother had trouble with his and eventually threw it in the trash with very little use from it. like i said the coworker shoots very little but it works. i think i will pass. not really in the market but when i saw a picture of it and heard 100$ i thought it was a no brainer. but if i really want one i migh spend 300$ and get a Taurus i have never heard any bad reports on them. My use would be home defense and i fish in remote areas where lowlifes regularly break into vehicles and less frequently rob fisherman.

ive heard the same. a cooworker is selling it for 100$ because he wants a different one. he has shot less than 2 boxes of ammo from it.. he and his brother and nephew bought 3 the same day 5 or 6 years ago. the nephew shot literally thousands of rounds from his and wore it out. the brother had trouble with his and eventually threw it in the trash with very little use from it. like i said the coworker shoots very little but it works. i think i will pass. not really in the market but when i saw a picture of it and heard 100$ i thought it was a no brainer. but if i really want one i migh spend 300$ and get a Taurus i have never heard any bad reports on them. My use would be home defense and i fish in remote areas where lowlifes regularly break into vehicles and less frequently rob fisherman.

In my past experiences, I would never recommend a Taurus. Now however, I find that they have massively improved. Good option for the price. Also check out something like a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield. Light, single stack, and relatively affordable.

Now I'm thinking about getting a " Judge" 45/410 five shot revolver. Found one for 399$ used. Might go shoot one this weekend.

Now I'm thinking about getting a " Judge" 45/410 five shot revolver. Found one for 399$ used. Might go shoot one this weekend.

Just get a shotgun. Joe Biden supports that decision.

Trying to get political? Ive got about 10 shotguns. I need something compact for fishing. This would also help with snakes and alligators.

I carry a Glock 27, with mag extension. If you don't know this is the sub-compact .40 cal. I love the size for concealed carry!!

Archived