2015 4* S Jordan Colbert commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

4/26/14 Update: Jordan Colbert has committed to AU! ...

I have decided to take my talents to Auburn University #WDE #BOOM

BmLg-_pIEAApYy6.jpg

BmL-grZIQAAZ5Th.jpg

@Og_smxx

It is now official - Jordan Colbert just committed to Gus Malzahn. Another great get for #Auburn. #Tigers have had a huge week.

@ChadSimmons_

Capture.png

Colbert attended Saturday's A-Day game in Auburn. Earlier this month, he told AL.com Auburn remained his top school, but Florida State, Clemson and Tennessee were also in the mix.

"They're still sitting at No. 1," he said when asked about the Tigers. "I can relate to the tempo because that's basically what we do at my high school."

http://www.al.com/sp...ive_target.html

OLB Jordan Colbert: Colbert is a near perfect fit for the 'SPUR' position in Ellis Johnson's defensive scheme, and the Tigers have zeroed in on the Under Armour All-America selection. Florida State is the childhood favorite, and the Seminoles recently come into the picture. Clemson (recruiting him on offense), Alabama and Georgia are also showing legitimate interest, but Auburn is currently the team to beat.

http://insider.espn....15-quarterbacks (free content)

image.png

Jordan Colbert, OLB/S

Griffin, GA

Ht: 6-2, Wt: 205 lbs, 40: 4.92

- Recruiters: Rodney Garner (P), Charlie Harbison (S)

- Visited AU 2/22/14, 2/28/14, 4/06/14, 4/19/14

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Louisville, North Carolina, Oklahoma State and Tennessee, among others.

247Sports: 4*

ESPN: 4* (ESPN300 - No. 71)

Rivals: 4*

Scout: 4*

A 6-foot-2, 205-pounder who plays linebacker at his high school, Colbert said Auburn coaches have talked with him about the Star position in Ellis Johnson's 4-2-5 defense but added that they would want him to learn all three safety spots. Griffin coach Steve DeVoursney said Colbert, who has also played tight end at Griffin, would be a good fit in the Star role.

"He's a heck of an athlete, a tall kid who can run, jump, throw and catch," DeVoursney said of Colbert, who also plays basketball and runs track at the school.

http://www.al.com/au...r_4-star_2.html

image.jpg

Hudl Highlights

14767279-mmmain.jpg

(Photo: 247Sports)

1287942.jpg

(Photo: 247Sports)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren't we done with Star now that E Sullivan committed?

No, we are recruiting Colbert as safety. He could play both positions.

No Colbert is being recruited as a Star.

Yea, just read an article.

@JakeRoweRivals Per his father, Griffin DB Jordan Colbert will visit Auburn for the second time in as many weekends on Saturday.

Good stuff...commit watch?

Possibly. He got the VIG treatment last week via Gus being Jordan's personal chofer at least once.

Since we already have Sullivan at the STAR, are we recruiting Colbert as a pure safety, OLB, or another option at STAR?

EDW answered this on page 1.

@JakeRoweRivals Per his father, Griffin DB Jordan Colbert will visit Auburn for the second time in as many weekends on Saturday.

Good stuff...commit watch?

Possibly. He got the VIG treatment last week via Gus being Jordan's personal chofer at least once.

Ah, the old VIG treatement; 60% effective, 100% of the time!

I watched Jordan's HUDL highlights. I love this kid. He is very fast and has good height for pass coverage. He hits hard and plays under control. He will be a perfect Star. I hope he commits this weekend. Our coaches seem to be all over recruits outside of AL this year. GA looks like a real hotspot again.

Since we already have Sullivan at the STAR, are we recruiting Colbert as a pure safety, OLB, or another option at STAR?

Expect at least 2 star signees this year since we missed out on our guy last year.

Normally, if you anticipate that a position will need shoring up in the near future, you recruit more than one player per position. Injuries, guys that just don't work out, grades etc. come into play.

If you'll need to replace a tight end, you recruit at least two. If your linebackers need shoring up, you recruit at least four. In the case of the star position, getting more than one is a good thing to do. If one turns out to not grow as much as expected he can slide back to safety and if he turns out to be a little bigger after a season in the weight room he can move up to linebacker. Also, that type of player is what you are looking for on the kicking teams. (Unless you're Saban, in which case you put one kicker and 10 fat guys on the field.)

• 3 weeks later...

Does this mean Colbert has cooled or are we looking at Atkinson at safety?

I was wondering the same thing... I completely trust the coaches, but I was shocked that we have taken these last two commitments. I would expect to accept lower rated guys that show out at a camp, but it's odd that we're accepting them this soon. I still hope that we get Colbert!

Nothing has changed, both are being recruited as Safety/Star players. It is a situation where they would be happy to take both and will see how it plays out down the line because either could end up at Star or Safety.

Nothing has changed, both are being recruited as Safety/Star players. It is a situation where they would be happy to take both and will see how it plays out down the line because either could end up at Star or Safety.

OK.. Knew we were supposed to be targeting Colbert at Star, but commit articles seem to indicate that this is where Atkinson was being recruited.

As somebody said earlier we are recruiting 2 players at Star and 2 at Safety. Also just because these 2 are 3* right now if our coaches want to sign them this early I wouldn't be surprised to see them as 4 * before NSD. These coaches have shown they know talent. Watch other teams trying to talk to them now that we have gotten them to commit.

Archived