2015 3* LB Elijah Sullivan (Kansas State signee)

AubTigers

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case anyone missed the game (It was on Sportssouth) Overall Sully had a very good game. However he was penalized 15 yards for leading with the helmet on the hit linked on the previous page.

As far as physicality from our defensive players, I would rather have to hold them back than have to push them. I am glad he is not afraid to lay a licking on somebody.

• 3 weeks later...

He was on PBS in Atlanta Friday night in Tucker's blowout of MLK. I haven't followed recruiting very closely this year and was just watching the game. Tucker #1 stood out very quickly and when I went on the net to find out where he was being recruited I was one happy camper - this kid can play.

Jonathon Ledbetter also stood out. The announcer said he was committed to Bama, but he told them this spring he was going to UGa. Supposedly at Bama's request he kept it quiet until August. If he's going to UGa why keep it a secret to help Bama? smh

• 1 month later...

Got his 4th star on 247

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Auburn-commit-earns-fourth-star-32472664

Auburn commit Elijah Sullivan has been added to the four-star ranks as he begins to wind down a season that has seen him dominate all over the field. Sullivan is now ranked as a four-star with a 90 grade. Despite his limited size at the linebacker position, he just continues to make plays in a number of ways, brings physicality to the position and hails from a Tucker program in Georgia that typically produces players that do well on the next level.

Got his 4th star on 247

http://auburn.247spo...h-star-32472664

Auburn commit Elijah Sullivan has been added to the four-star ranks as he begins to wind down a season that has seen him dominate all over the field. Sullivan is now ranked as a four-star with a 90 grade. Despite his limited size at the linebacker position, he just continues to make plays in a number of ways, brings physicality to the position and hails from a Tucker program in Georgia that typically produces players that do well on the next level.

Well deserved

Got his 4th star on 247

http://auburn.247spo...h-star-32472664

Is his size factored into his evaluations? Not saying he's not already rated highly enough, and not counting stars... I'm excited about this guy. Just curious if that is part of the formula.

For some months I've been thinking that Sullivan is one of the more important recruits in this class. By all accounts he's a leader both on the field and off. We need more like him!

Is his size factored into his evaluations? Not saying he's not already rated highly enough, and not counting stars... I'm excited about this guy. Just curious if that is part of the formula.

Player size is a factor when those sites do their rankinhs. They have prototypical size and skills they look for at each position. For example, If Sean White was 6'3 he could have been easily rated a 5* given his arm talent and accuracy.

Player size is a factor when those sites do their rankinhs. They have prototypical size and skills they look for at each position. For example, If Sean White was 6'3 he could have been easily rated a 5* given his arm talent and accuracy.

Still cant wait to see Sean Play. I hope he gets some PT next year to get him ready in case JJ gets hurt, etc.

Still cant wait to see Sean Play. I hope he gets some PT next year to get him ready in case JJ gets hurt, etc.

Probably mop up duty

Copy that, thanks

It'll be interesting to see where Sullivan plays at Auburn. Star seems like the natural fit, but I think people say that about any tweener. It's a position for a unique skill set, not really a catchall for guys that aren't fast enough to play Safety or big enough to play LB. If he's a violent guy that can either avoid blocks or shed them, he might actually land at LB. He's about the same size as Travis Williams coming out of high school. Glad to hear Sullivan is getting love. Glad to have him as part of the class.

Elijah Sullivan (Tucker) is on GPTV in Atlanta tonight and is impressing. He's a big hitter who has six solo's midway through the fourth quarter. Fun to watch and a standout player on a very talented defense. He also might be the best running back on the field - big legs that can push piles and break tackles. He looks slender and I think he can carry more weight and play LB.

Preston Williams (Lovejoy) is one of the best high school receivers I've seen. If there's any hope of flipping him we should go all out.

Elijah Sullivan (Tucker) is on GPTV in Atlanta tonight and is impressing. He's a big hitter who has six solo's midway through the fourth quarter. Fun to watch and a standout player on a very talented defense. He also might be the best running back on the field - big legs that can push piles and break tackles. He looks slender and I think he can carry more weight and play LB.

Preston Williams (Lovejoy) is one of the best high school receivers I've seen. If there's any hope of flipping him we should go all out.

I think Preston is pretty firm to Tenn right now. Good to hear about Sullivan. Thanks

• 2 months later...

"10:22 a.m. Elijah Sullivan's visit is over. Say Will Muschamp wants him to play ILB -- and he likes that. Is 100% committed to Auburn. Will officially visit Marshall with a friend, and that is it. Sullivan's dad played at Cincy"

Not trying to be negative but isn't he kind of small to be inside linebacker...seems like monty would be a better fit in a year or so.

"10:22 a.m. Elijah Sullivan's visit is over. Say Will Muschamp wants him to play ILB -- and he likes that. Is 100% committed to Auburn. Will officially visit Marshall with a friend, and that is it. Sullivan's dad played at Cincy"

Not trying to be negative but isn't he kind of small to be inside linebacker...seems like monty would be a better fit in a year or so.

Take a look at my post on October 31. "He looks slender and I think he can carry more weight and play LB." And that's from when we were recruiting him as a star. This kid's a headhunter.

A return to smaller, faster LB's that love to hit and know how to tackle would be a huge improvement. This year's LB is class looking like the best in years. Williams, McBryde, Atkinson, Colbert and Sullivan are committed with Holland still a possible. Lookin' GOOD!

A return to smaller, faster LB's that love to hit and know how to tackle would be a huge improvement. This year's LB is class looking like the best in years. Williams, McBryde, Atkinson, Colbert and Sullivan are committed with Holland still a possible. Lookin' GOOD!

Isn't Colbert going to be a safety for us.

But yes some hitters for sure

Archived