2015 3* LB Elijah Sullivan (Kansas State signee)

AubTigers

Justin Hokanson@JHokanson

Tucker (Ga.) LB Elijah Sullivan has committed to Auburn

"It (Auburn's Junior Day) went good, I actually committed today," Sullivan said. "I felt very good about coming here, and my mom liked it to so I went ahead and committed."

"I've liked Auburn since I was in the 10th grade," Sullivan said. "And I actually took my first trip here. So ever since then, I've kind of liked them and had them in my top schools to go to."

http://auburn.247spo...o-Auburn-178841 (free content)

343261.jpg

Elijah Sullivan, OLB

Tucker, GA

6'0 / 189

Offers: Florida, Georgia State, Georgia Tech and Marshall, among others.

247Sports: 3*

Rivals: 3*

Scout: 3*

(As a Junior), Sullivan compiled 48 tackles, eight sacks, and nine tackles for loss at linebacker while accounting for 13 touchdowns on offense.

http://www.al.com/au...ent_from_l.html

HUDL Highlights

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This young man is going to really blow up in the recruiting world. Very good commitment from a great program. Tucker has been producing talent for over 20 years. Anyone remember Ricky Sutton? Of course Justin Garrett and Neiko Thorpe are more recent. But they had 4* DT-Elisha Shaw (bama) and 3* LB- Detric Dukes (UGA) last year. They have 4 or 5 kids this cycle.

Looks small.

"Star".

Dont buy the crap about us looking for 6'3 220+ pound HS DE's to fill that position.

This kid looks like Therezie with a few more inches on him.

Looks small.

"Star".

Dont buy the crap about us looking for 6'3 220+ pound HS DE's to fill that position.

HS Junior, kid is still growing

Looks small.

"Star".

HS Junior, kid is still growing

Yeah junior= 16/17 I'm not blaming the kid for not having man muscle yet.

Meta, what are you going to do if Moncrief (6'3", 225) or Garrett (6'1", 220) take over the star position? I'd almost guess you'd be disappointed to lose the "it's not a position for a big player" line.

I think the coaches are looking to have a guy that is this kids size and a 6'3" 220 guy. Good pickup! Great young talent!

I put on 15lbs between my JR and SR year of HS and I was just playing basketball (not a ton of weights) so he could hit 215-220 easy by the time he gets to AU. Hope the commitment sticks.

This kid is at 215 now. Could be 225 when he gets to AU. Where u at meta ?

Listed at 215. LOL is you seriously believe that he's that big. Rivals lists him at 189, Scout lists him at 200.

Take a look at a picture of the kid. If he's 215 then I'm 7 feet tall. I've been looking at this stuff for a while now...I've got a pretty good feel for gauging size (no-homo).

Awesome! Glad to have you on board Mr. Sullivan!! Always good to get a kid from a school like tucker that is always pumping out D1 prospects.

Meta, what are you going to do if Moncrief (6'3", 225) or Garrett (6'1", 220) take over the star position? I'd almost guess you'd be disappointed to lose the "it's not a position for a big player" line.

I never said it wasn't a position that a big guy could play. Moncrief will likely play the position. Garrett was going to play the position. I said your overblown statements about Ellis Johnson wanting 230+ pounders at the position were wrong, and low and behold we just took a commitment from a 6-0/6-1 ~205 pound kid who is likely going to play at ~215 pounds. Look at who they have recruited for the position. Mackenro Alexander is pretty much the same size. It is a SAFETY/Linebacker hybrid. SAFETY. They even stopped recruiting Roquan Smith for the position with Keith Niebuhr largely speculating that the kid was simply going to outgrow it. He is being recruited as a LB now.

Sorry, I just can't quite let it go. You're saying a high school DE couldn't possibly have the coverage skills to play the position? Is that right? If you're willing to acknowledge that a 6'3" 225 lb. guy is probably going to man the position AND you also acknowledge that a career LB was the first choice at the spot (prior to injury), I don't see where my claim that Coach Johnson wants a bigger player at that position (something he's stated repeatedly) is even controversial.

In the end, you didn't think he-who-shall-not-be-named had the coverage skills to play the spot, but that doesn't prove your point that we (or Coach Johnson) prefer to trot out Safeties at that position. We're looking for bigger guys with coverage skills to play the position.

Sorry, I just can't quite let it go. You're saying a high school DE couldn't possibly have the coverage skills to play the position? Is that right? If you're willing to acknowledge that a 6'3" 225 lb. guy is probably going to man the position AND you also acknowledge that a career LB was the first choice at the spot (prior to injury), I don't see where my claim that Coach Johnson wants a bigger player at that position (something he's stated repeatedly) is even controversial.

In the end, you didn't think he-who-shall-not-be-named had the coverage skills to play the spot, but that doesn't prove your point that we (or Coach Johnson) prefer to trot out Safeties at that position. We're looking for bigger guys with coverage skills to play the position.

I think most any coach wants a bigger player for any position provided he doesn't give up requirements of the position like speed, cover skills, hands, whatever. Silly argument.

Archived