2015 4* OG/C Kaleb Kim commits to AU!

AUTUmike

"This will absolutely be my final decision," he said. "Just Auburn. No visits anywhere else. I'm a man of my word. I committed to Auburn and I'm going to stick with that decision."

1197763.jpg

Kaleb Kim, OT

Hoschton, GA (Mill Creek)

6'4 / 280 / 5.37

- Recruiter: J.B. Grimes

- Attended A-Day

- Visited AU 3/22/14 (attended Spring Practice)

- Visited AU 2/22/14 (Junior Day)

- Visited by J.B. Grimes 12/09/13

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Boston College, California, Duke, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Miami (OH), North Carolina, Ohio State, Penn State, South Carolina, Syracuse, Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Virginia, among others.

247Sports: 4*

ESPN: 4* (ESPN300 - No. 192)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals250 - No. 228)

Scout: 4*

Competing in the highest class in the state of Georgia, Kim tallied 42 pancake blocks last season and finished with an 88 percent blocking grade. He was named an All-State player as a sophomore and junior.

"He's received a lot of accolades, but I believe his better play is ahead of him," Mill Creek head coach Shannon Jarvis said. "He can carry so much weight. Once he gets into college and develops more weight and strength, I think he'll be tremendous player.

"The biggest thing with Kaleb is he finishes his blocks. As intelligent and nice of a kid as he is, he's a nasty player. Not dirty, but nasty."

http://www.al.com/sp...ieves_comm.html

"Auburn is my No. 1," Kim said after watching practice during his third visit to Auburn Saturday. "I liked what Coach (J.B.) Grimes is doing, and his intensity. I was standing by him the whole time. He gets after it. He's intense. Face to face, he's the nicest guy, but on the field it's all business and he'll get after you and I like that."

http://www.al.com/sp...ays_4-star.html

Hudl Highlights

2859905.jpg

(Photo: 247Sports)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't post often but I do know Kaleb personally so I'll add my thoughts. He is a very good kid that comes from a great family and I'm a bit shocked to not see GT in his top 3 since that was his childhood favorite growing up. Wherever Kaleb goes they will be getting a good one. I'll check in with him again to see how his visit went.

I don't post often but I do know Kaleb personally so I'll add my thoughts. He is a very good kid that comes from a great family and I'm a bit shocked to not see GT in his top 3 since that was his childhood favorite growing up. Wherever Kaleb goes they will be getting a good one. I'll check in with him again to see how his visit went.

Nice.

Nice.

This is the type of kid I want. Talented and already the foundation to become an Auburn man.

Nice.

This is the type of kid I want. Talented and already the foundation to become an Auburn man.

Agree 100%

Thanks for the first-hand update, that's always nice to have. WDE

I don't know the kid personally, but alot of what little is out there seems to be pointing to UGA for now. I can't recall exactly when he is supposed to commit but the puppies seem pretty confident.

I don't know the kid personally, but alot of what little is out there seems to be pointing to UGA for now. I can't recall exactly when he is supposed to commit but the puppies seem pretty confident.

What a difference a week makes. :-X

If he grew up a GT fan, remember that UGA is their rival. It makes sense that he is not automatically drawn to UGA. Plus AU has a better OL coach and OL player development. Our OL line was great last year while UGA repeatedly get poor performance out of their OL.

• 3 weeks later...

Named AU his leader today ...

"Auburn is my No. 1," Kim said after watching practice during his third visit to Auburn Saturday. "I liked what Coach (J.B.) Grimes is doing, and his intensity. I was standing by him the whole time. He gets after it. He's intense. Face to face, he's the nicest guy, but on the field it's all business and he'll get after you and I like that."

Named AU his leader today ...

Good deal here. I assume he is a take for us if he wanted to commit.

No, but we definitely lead and the staff feels pretty good about landing him. He's also committing relatively soon in about a month or two IIRC.

• 2 weeks later...

No, but we definitely lead and the staff feels pretty good about landing him. He's also committing relatively soon in about a month or two IIRC.

I just got the same info today- He wants to commit somewhere soon to end the recruiting process early. It's between AU and UGA, and he is leaning toward the good guys. Will attend A-day.

I just got the same info today- He wants to commit somewhere soon to end the recruiting process early. It's between AU and UGA, and he is leaning toward the good guys. Will attend A-day.

Not for any reason particularly, but I feel real good about this young man. Your statements make me feel even better. Come on down, Mr. Kim! WDE!

He makes Coach Dye look small and a bit old. Great smile while posing with Dye.

I know UGA is on him hard right now. I don't know if it's doing them any good. We are going to be OLU in a couple years.

Archived