2015 4* OG Marquel Harrell commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

• 1 month later...

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our diamond in the rough OL recruit Marquel Harrell is tweeting up a storm this morning that he is back at UT with his bros.

Marquel Harrell@Marquel72 1h

Back at UT with my bros @Rushinbear75 @1Dream2Love @TreTre_2

BvKssMNCYAAcQ14.jpg

Our diamond in the rough OL recruit Marquel Harrell is tweeting up a storm this morning that he is back at UT with his bros.

Marquel Harrell@Marquel72 1h

Back at UT with my bros @Rushinbear75 @1Dream2Love @TreTre_2

BvKssMNCYAAcQ14.jpg

For those of us too lazy to look it up, are his "bros" fellow HS teammates or UT commits?

Let's hope they enjoy watching other teams in the east win the east. Tenn has a long ways to go before they can even think about making a move to winning again.

Javon Patterson will hopefully take Harrell's place after he flips. Patterson & Ivey would finish up our Oline class.

Patterson is a take anyway, whether Harrell flips or not. I do agree that IF we could get Patterson and Ivey we'd be done at O-line no matter what Harrell does.

What's our backup plan if he flips?

There may not be one for him specifically. Ivey and Patterson are both takes regardless. If we get 1 of them I don't see the staff replacing a flip there. Remember we have Golson also who will go on scholly next year and will compete for early PT in 2015.

We are in great shape on the OLine. If we get Ivey, we will be amazing. I guess everyone has heard just how great a fall that our true Freshman, Braden Smith "The Hulk" as Coach Lashlee calls him has had. Coach Grimes said he would put him in the 99% percentile in ability. he also said that probably only 10 or so freshman in all of college football would be in the same catigory.

We are in great shape on the OLine. If we get Ivey, we will be amazing. I guess everyone has heard just how great a fall that our true Freshman, Braden Smith "The Hulk" as Coach Lashlee calls him has had. Coach Grimes said he would put him in the 99% percentile in ability. he also said that probably only 10 or so freshman in all of college football would be in the same catigory.

I prefer Reese and the other players' nickname for him, Drago reffering to Ivan Drago from Rocky 4. I could so see Bradon doing this to opposing DLs

And this

• 2 weeks later...

Marquel earned his 4th Star from Scout today. Congrats to Mr Harrell. War Eagle. With 4 stars, he is not really a diamond in the rough anymore. Just a diamond now. What a terrifi9c OL class. Hope we add Ivey then we may have finished the best class in the country.

Marquel earned his 4th Star from Scout today. Congrats to Mr Harrell. War Eagle. With 4 stars, he is not really a diamond in the rough anymore. Just a diamond now. What a terrifi9c OL class. Hope we add Ivey then we may have finished the best class in the country.

He's still a 3* on the composite because Rivals has him as a low 3*.

He's still a 3* on the composite because Rivals has him as a low 3*.

Its time they evaluated Marquel again. ESPN and Scout like him. 247 I think may have him as a 3 still too. Maybe since Scout see's him as a 4 now, the others will visit his play again.

• 1 month later...

Woody Womack (Rivals) breakdown from this past weekend:

Performance: In a weekend full of big-time prospects, nobody stood out more than Harrell. He looked taller and thinner than the 6-foot-3, 328 pounds we measured him at back in the spring, and was light on his feet while starting at left tackle. What was most impressive about Harrell was his physicality and relentlessness as a blocker. Often times he was driving his man 10 yards down the field and he rarely quit pummeling his man before the whistle blew. Harrell projects to play inside at college, but if he continues to add height and muscle, I could see him working at tackle if needed.

Grade: A

1604675.jpg

Holy crap. Dude looks like he could be a terror on d-line. Just has that look about him. Wonder if he ever played defense.

Woody Womack (Rivals) breakdown from this past weekend:

Performance: In a weekend full of big-time prospects, nobody stood out more than Harrell. He looked taller and thinner than the 6-foot-3, 328 pounds we measured him at back in the spring, and was light on his feet while starting at left tackle. What was most impressive about Harrell was his physicality and relentlessness as a blocker. Often times he was driving his man 10 yards down the field and he rarely quit pummeling his man before the whistle blew. Harrell projects to play inside at college, but if he continues to add height and muscle, I could see him working at tackle if needed.

Grade: A

1604675.jpg

I think Harrell will be a tremendous addition to our line. He should be an easy 4* kid. He is relentless. I think he will start at AU for years.

I think Harrell will be a tremendous addition to our line. He should be an easy 4* kid. He is relentless. I think he will start at AU for years.

Rivals is the site way way behind on Harrell's ratings. He should be a 4*s when they do their next update in November or December.

Archived