Schedule

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

11 games left. I'm led to believe if we can win 8 we're just about in the NCAA's for sure; if we can win about 6 we'll need a game or two in Hoover.

Saw the SEC standings today and we are last in the west. How does SEC tournament work now with 14 teams? Do all teams go now, or are worst records left out like previously?

11 games left. I'm led to believe if we can win 8 we're just about in the NCAA's for sure; if we can win about 6 we'll need a game or two in Hoover.

Saw the SEC standings today and we are last in the west. How does SEC tournament work now with 14 teams? Do all teams go now, or are worst records left out like previously?

Just like it was done last year. The top 12 teams go the the tournament.

http://www.secdigita...ament-info.aspx

Just like it was done last year. The top 12 teams go the the tournament.

http://www.secdigita...ament-info.aspx

And SEC race is very tight. If we win last three series we could be as high as 7th or 8th maybe 6

• 1 year later...

We have coaches

That got broomed by Bama..

Who will likely miss the NCAA regionals....but guess some folks don't realize that the baseball season is about more than 3 games....

We have coaches

Who will likely miss the NCAA regionals....but guess some folks don't realize that the baseball season is about more than 3 games....

I don't mind calling a spade a spade. We are not playing very good ball entering the tournament. We had base running miscues, bad spot selection when our pitchers were ahead in the count, and overall spotty defense throughout the 11-2 Florida blowout win. To go back to your stupid three game remark, it is bad enough being swept at home by anybody, but being swept by a rival that is "likely to miss the NCAA regionals" is pouring salt on the wound.

We have coaches

I don't mind calling a spade a spade. We are not playing very good ball entering the tournament. We had base running miscues, bad spot selection when our pitchers were ahead in the count, and overall spotty defense throughout the 11-2 Florida blowout win. To go back to your stupid three game remark, it is bad enough being swept at home by anybody, but being swept by a rival that is "likely to miss the NCAA regionals" is pouring salt on the wound.

Can't dispute your assessment....agree with all the shortcomings you mention....but I will note that the team played some good games coming into the tournament ...perhaps you forget that they swept Georgia and took 2 out of 3 against USCe on the road for the first time in a decade...played tough against nationally ranked UF and beat UK when they needed a win

But as you say, this year's baseball team is not a very good team....just check the stats for the season. In baseball the stats pretty much tell the story about the eventual W-L record. We have one good SEC quality pitcher available, no power, and only a couple reliable hitters. Considering the schedule and our talent level, seems to me they overachieved for the most part.

Guess since I don't live in Alabama any longer, beating or losing to Bama does not make or ruin my day. To me at least,they are just another SEC team....hate to lose to them...or to Georgia or South Carolina too. So, if they make an NCAA regional as I expect, I will be very happy for them and am not so narrow minded as to let one series against one opponent color my judgment or appreciation for what they accomplished....after all, they wear the AUburn uniform. WE

In the SEC tournament, we lost to two of the best teams in the country. Period.

We can play with anybody through two starting pitchers and one, maybe two, relievers.

The bammer series proves what anybody with two eyes and half a baseball brain knows. That is, the SEC is the best baseball conference in the country top to bottom. I don't know what you guys are watching but go look at the records of the the teams in the conference. Kentucky, who we beat soundly on Tuesday, has series wins against both LSU and Florida. And we most likely knocked them out of the big tournament. There are four teams in our conference who are serious contenders to be the last team standing on June 24. If you want to whine over specific games, have at it. I choose to look at the season as a whole (59 games) and the results. 9th in the conference (which has an RPI of ONE) and an overall team RPI of 22 on a strength of schedule of TWO.

And I see a team that has fought for every run and every out; a team that lost it's ace (who dominated LSU) and had guys playing all over the place.

I'm pretty proud of these guys. I believe they're in on Monday and that they'll fight like hell next weekend and make life tough for some teams.

In the SEC tournament, we lost to two of the best teams in the country. Period.

We can play with anybody through two starting pitchers and one, maybe two, relievers.

The bammer series proves what anybody with two eyes and half a baseball brain knows. That is, the SEC is the best baseball conference in the country top to bottom. I don't know what you guys are watching but go look at the records of the the teams in the conference. Kentucky, who we beat soundly on Tuesday, has series wins against both LSU and Florida. And we most likely knocked them out of the big tournament. There are four teams in our conference who are serious contenders to be the last team standing on June 24. If you want to whine over specific games, have at it. I choose to look at the season as a whole (59 games) and the results. 9th in the conference (which has an RPI of ONE) and an overall team RPI of 22 on a strength of schedule of TWO.

And I see a team that has fought for every run and every out; a team that lost it's ace (who dominated LSU) and had guys playing all over the place.

I'm pretty proud of these guys. I believe they're in on Monday and that they'll fight like hell next weekend and make life tough for some teams.

Nice-well stated

We have coaches

What is the "wound" in the first place? This team is achieving more than they have since 2010 with less than they've had even before then.

Meanwhile, anyone heard from those vocal Oklahoma fans who were so happy to see Sunny gone? No ? ...wonder why :dunno: ?

Maybe because for the second year in a row the Sooners will not be going to an NCAA regional ...but at least they don't have to put up with Sunny any more.

Meanwhile, anyone heard from those vocal Oklahoma fans who were so happy to see Sunny gone? No ? ...wonder why :dunno:/> ?

Maybe because for the second year in a row the Sooners will not be going to an NCAA regional ...but at least they don't have to put up with Sunny any more.

+1

We have coaches

What is the "wound" in the first place? This team is achieving more than they have since 2010 with less than they've had even before then.

Lol this team has quite a bit of talent. You're selling that fact short. We have also had quite a bit of mistakes too. Playing sound baseball has nothing to do with the talent level. Did you even watch the last game?

We have coaches

Lol this team has quite a bit of talent. You're selling that fact short. We have also had quite a bit of mistakes too. Playing sound baseball has nothing to do with the talent level. Did you even watch the last game?

just to put my two bits worth in..but I watched about all of them ...and frankly, every team made the same kind of mistakes...saw Florida lose two runners in the same run-down and a game later about the same thing....and players colliding to catch a fly ball and bad throws, home runs on 0-2 pitches.... It's college baseball....same stuff happens to everyone...which some people posting on this site seem unaware of...which leads me to believe that perhaps their exposure to college baseball is mostly (or totally ) with Auburn games and they don't have valid comparisons.

We have coaches

just to put my two bits worth in..but I watched about all of them ...and frankly, every team made the same kind of mistakes...saw Florida lose two runners in the same run-down and a game later about the same thing....and players colliding to catch a fly ball and bad throws, home runs on 0-2 pitches.... It's college baseball....same stuff happens to everyone...which some people posting on this site seem unaware of...which leads me to believe that perhaps their exposure to college baseball is mostly (or totally ) with Auburn games and they don't have valid comparisons.

That has got to be the stupidest thing I've heard iin my life. Don't even try to say that Auburn is playing good baseball right now and then compare us to the team that beat us 11-2. I've seen plenty of college baseball, too. Actually, I watch more "other" college baseball games than Auburn, dependent on if Auburn is on the TV

I think that we are about where we should be year 2 under CSG. Am I happy with this year's overall performance? Yes I am. For some, they expect a conference championship every season. There is nothing whatsoever wrong with these expectations.

I think in the long run, we will have 40 plus win seasons consistently, and folks will slowly come aboard the program and realize what a great job Coach Galloway is doing.

Archived