Future Schedules

auburn4ever

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the thought of games with either Michigan or Notre Dame, especially ND since we have never played them. Texas in the Jerry Dome as a one time deal would also be cool.

Like the idea of playing in the jerry dome. It would be an exciting forum to play in. Wonder if we could play one of the California teams there. Since Auburn is America's team, bet it could be done.

We will be playing in Jerry's Dome in January of 2015. Not sure if a Cali team will be there or not.

Unless it's for the national championship, I doubt we'll play in the Jerry Dome on 2015. We're scheduled to open the 2015 season against Louisville in the Chick-fil-A game at the Georgia Dome on Sept. 3rd.

Unless it's for the national championship, I doubt we'll play in the Jerry Dome on 2015. We're scheduled to open the 2015 season against Louisville in the Chick-fil-A game at the Georgia Dome on Sept. 3rd.

Keep going ... almost there ... :muscles:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to see the NCAA force program play tougher out of conference games. After 2015, JJ is gonna have to STOP scheduling teams like Chattanooga, Western Carolina, Samford, East Tennessee State, Western Kentucky, Middle Tennessee State and Tennessee Tech.

I'm glad to see the NCAA force program play tougher out of conference games. After 2015, JJ is gonna have to STOP scheduling teams like Chattanooga, Western Carolina, Samford, East Tennessee State, Western Kentucky, Middle Tennessee State and Tennessee Tech.

You know, it gets really old having to explain crap to you all the time. This statement above is completely WRONG as usual. I'm not sure why I expect anything different or why I'm wasting my time with this ridiculous thread that you brought back up. The regular season is TWELVE games. SEC schedule is EIGHT. ONE game from a member of the ACC, Big 10, Big 12 or Pac 12 (which Auburn is already doing). Now, this is where it gets difficult for you. Let's start with the 8 conference games and 1 from the other big conferences. That's 9 games. Stay with me, I know its difficult. TWELVE - NINE = THREE. That means there are THREE games (just like there has been over the last several years) for Auburn to schedule smaller schools that want to play us for the pay day. I don't see that changing, nor do I see any LOGICAL REASON why it should change. Oh, by the way, Auburn has NEVER played Middle Tennessee State.

Since Jay is the AD, he's the one person on the Auburn side who calls these small teams like Samford and Georgia Southern and gets them on our schedues. Heck, I remember in one year we played two I-AA teams.

The only time I'm for us playing a 1-AA team is for homecoming.

If we don't have an bye week before playing UGA and UAT at the end of the season, I sure want to play a weaker team. Also Western Kentucky and Middle Tennessee are both Division IA Conference USA teams. They moved out of the IA Sunbelt conference, The others are FCS schools, IAA.

I've always thought teams that don't command the state they are local to as the dominate fanbase should team up to support each other... Attention and financially. Not saying these aren't great programs just don't have the side walk fans of the "state" schools. So I'd love to see some home and homes with some of the following. Maybe some neutral site games also with a just 1 time played.

Teams such as...

Michigan State

Ok State

Oregon State

UCLA or Cal/Stanford

Clemson GT or Miami

VaTech or Virginia

Pitt

TCU/TxTech/Baylor

already playing KState

teams such as those. Help build them up and bring the "state" school down

Since football is a long ways off, I thought I'd post this. As I've been thinking about future schedules, 4 teams came mind that I'd like to us play in home and home series. Georgia Tech, Florida State, South Florida and Cincinnati.

Do we really have to put a whipping on coach tubs at Cincy? I would find no satisfaction in that

Your right, we haven't played Middle Tennessee State. We have however played Tennessee Tech and Tennessee-Martin. I'm not sure which is worse. I'd call it a tie.

I don't see us ever playing Michigan or Notre Dame. Why? because they both have said in he past that they would only agree to play AU if 1 is their home game and the other game be played in Atlanta or in Dallas and tickets are split 50/50.

Your right, we haven't played Middle Tennessee State. We have however played Tennessee Tech and Tennessee-Martin. I'm not sure which is worse. I'd call it a tie.

Whoopie. We've played each of those teams ONE TIME. So what?? It's a complete waste of my time to explain to you why we played those teams.

I don't see us ever playing Michigan or Notre Dame. Why? because they both have said in he past that they would only agree to play AU if 1 is their home game and the other game be played in Atlanta or in Dallas and tickets are split 50/50.

The need AU more than AU needs them. They are the ones needing to upgrade their schedule, not us. They don't want to do home and home screw them. Pick someone else.

Notre Dame, UCLA, Wisconsin, and Clemson

Archived