Future Schedules

auburn4ever

Since football is a long ways off, I thought I'd post this. As I've been thinking about future schedules, 4 teams came mind that I'd like to us play in home and home series. Georgia Tech, Florida State, South Florida and Cincinnati.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

florida state, georgia tech, virginia tech, virginia

change virginia to north carolina, or north carolina st for me. I don't mind virginia, but I'd like to play a game against one of those NC schools.

Since football is a long ways off, I thought I'd post this. As I've been thinking about future schedules, 4 teams came mind that I'd like to us play in home and home series. Georgia Tech, Florida State, South Florida and Cincinnati.

Golf hazard?

south Alabama, troy, Georgia state, western Tennessee. I could give a rat's fart what the rest of the leagues think. an SEC schedule is difficult enough to navigate through. the kids need some breathing time, the backups need playing time, and the smaller, upstart programs could use the pay day. :-D

south Alabama, troy, Georgia state, western Tennessee. I could give a rat's fart what the rest of the leagues think. an SEC schedule is difficult enough to navigate through. the kids need some breathing time, the backups need playing time, and the smaller, upstart programs could use the pay day. :-D

Good idea about playing the in-state teams. But I wouldn't make a home/home deal with any of them, and I expect they'd rather play at JHS anyway.

You need at least one strong out of conference game to boost your resume, especially with the new playoff format. I'd like to see:

Oklahoma: I think the way their defense is built could play to our strengths. Plus it would be nice to shut Stoops up.

Florida St.: Revenge factor, but this would be no easy task. They should be good for a long time to come. Wouldn't be surprised if we see them next year in the postseason.

Michigan or Notre Dame: Big name schools with brand equity so W's would look good on the resume, but haven't been good in a long time.

Stanford: We could finally see if their physical play would have the same effect against an SEC team. I think we could definitely go punch for punch with them in the trenches and we would have way more team speed and athleticism.

I've always said I would be a fan of playing some crappy schools from BCS conferences. To me, I would be much more impressed by a schedule with Purdue, Kansas, Wake Forest, and Syracuse than the typical SEC formula of 1 "real" non-conference game + 2 Louisiana schools + 1 FCS opponent. The outcome would be the same but much more credit would be granted.

Just reading the title, how did I know the OP would be who he is?

because he posts the same crap thread every 4-5 months whether he needs to or not. :lol: How many times do we have to discuss this topic?

Perhaps Green Bay and the 49ers ...if we are looking for some really tough competition and don't care about the players who already have at least 9 difficult games each season.

Otherwise, I will make my usual request for a game in Charlotte against UNC-CH or NC State. Auburn has a big alum presence in the Carolinas and about all we get is a game against USCe every few years. JMO, but a game in Charlotte would have the same atmosphere as the games we play in Atlanta.

I like the thought of games with either Michigan or Notre Dame, especially ND since we have never played them. Texas in the Jerry Dome as a one time deal would also be cool.

I'll go with Notre Dame since Auburn has never played them.

And that is odder than odd. Our history has occasionally overlaped NDs. Heck one of our legendary head coaches, Jack Meagher (former ND assistant), was so attached to South Bend he had Auburn wear GREEN jerseys for 2 seasons in the 1930s.

http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2013/06/auburn-wore-green-jerseys-for-two-seasons-a-timeline-of-acceptance/

I'll go with Notre Dame since Auburn has never played them.

And that is odder than odd. Our history has occasionally overlaped NDs. Heck one of our legendary head coaches, Jack Meagher (former ND assistant), was so attached to South Bend he had Auburn wear GREEN jerseys for 2 seasons in the 1930s.

http://www.thewareag...-of-acceptance/

How could you forget Coach Earl Brown....supposedly got his job because he was an ND grad...came from Canisius if you can believe that....was able to lead AU to 3 wins in three seasons (48-50) and his 0-10 season in 1950 paved the way for Shug to come back to AU and build a competitive football program. We owe Coach Brown and ND a lot for that.

Not a fan of playing big 10 schools (I lump in ND - inaccurate but same idea). Get stuck playing them enough in the "Florida" bowls. And the backyard acc schools - ie gt, fsu, Clemson - don't intrigue me. Maybe Miami, but having 70 fans at their stadium is an issue. PAC 12 sounds better to me.

Distance, recent pedigree, high profile, fun: USC (though our last series wasn't "fun"), UCLA, Oregon, Stanford

Archived