2015 4* LB/S Montavious Atkinson commits to AU!

metafour

Not everyone is going to be a born again Christian who signs with Auburn. Some are going to be into things that may seem inappropriate to some and might seem like a normal teenager to others. To be honest, he is NOT a representative of Auburn until he signs on the line. Sort of like comparing a girlfriend to a wife. Some of the posters on this site seem to look for something to get offended about... SMH laughing

As massive as recruiting is and is covered by the media yes they are represenatives of the schools they are committed to unless they flip. Just the nature of the beast.

My question would be: Who views them as representatives? It seems only in rare cases the recruits themselves take on this role. Otherwise its the world or people who follow recruiting who view them that way. Most of the kids don't see it it like that until they're on campus for a while.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not everyone is going to be a born again Christian who signs with Auburn. Some are going to be into things that may seem inappropriate to some and might seem like a normal teenager to others. To be honest, he is NOT a representative of Auburn until he signs on the line. Sort of like comparing a girlfriend to a wife. Some of the posters on this site seem to look for something to get offended about... SMH laughing

As massive as recruiting is and is covered by the media yes they are represenatives of the schools they are committed to unless they flip. Just the nature of the beast.

My question would be: Who views them as representatives? It seems only in rare cases the recruits themselves take on this role. Otherwise its the world or people who follow recruiting who view them that way. Most of the kids don't see it it like that until they're on campus for a while.

I think all the commits are de facto, if not de jure, representatives of the schools to which they are committed. He's an Auburn commit, and that's the way he'd be described by media, so he's a representative of Auburn. I can understand why folks might be upset with the tweet. I also remember what I was thinking about when I was 17 years old (before one could broadcast it to the world on social media).

:-X

And that's a big world and becoming bigger with the younger generations following recruiting more and more.

Also I can not and will not speak for Gus but if I were a college coach I would coinsider a committed player repping my university unless he flips. Obviously rep a lot more with a NLI.

I think all the commits are de facto, if not de jure, representatives of the schools to which they are committed. He's an Auburn commit, and that's the way he'd be described by media, so he's a representative of Auburn. I can understand why folks might be upset with the tweet. I also remember what I was thinking about when I was 17 years old (before one could broadcast it to the world on social media).

So you grew up and became a prune? lol

So you grew up and became a prune? lol

Hope you meant 'prude' -- not quite up there in prune territory, yet. (Proud of myself for not making a golf joke.)

Anyways, never said that I'm not still thinking the same thing.

;)

And that's a big world and becoming bigger with the younger generations following recruiting more and more.

Also I can not and will not speak for Gus but if I were a college coach I would coinsider a committed player repping my university unless he flips. Obviously rep a lot more with a NLI.

Kind of a tough position to be in when media says a kid is representing your university and program and you can't even mention his name or make reference to said recruit publicly. One of the many reasons they make big bucks I suppose.

Yes I meant prude and just checking. Would not wanna have to take your man card away. lol

britt has a man card? :)

Kind of a tough position to be in when media says a kid is representing your university and program and you can't even mention his name or make reference to said recruit publicly. One of the many reasons they make big bucks I suppose.

Fair point

Yes I meant prude and just checking. Would not wanna have to take your man card away. lol

britt has a man card? :)

:laugh:

Nah, I don't get carded.

Well in this particular case I guess we are somewhat lucky in that he doesn't have many tweets or followers. That is unless his twitter account blows up after people read this thread.

;D

Well in this particular case I guess we are somewhat lucky in that he doesn't have many tweets or followers. That is unless his twitter account blows up after people read this thread.

;D

It has gotten more attention here than it ever would have. I skipped two pages, and couldn't believe it!

I hope we keep MA! He I an incredible ATH! I know they don't mention it but I would love to sign him a Walker.

;D

It has gotten more attention here than it ever would have. I skipped two pages, and couldn't believe it!

I hope we keep MA! He I an incredible ATH! I know they don't mention it but I would love to sign him a Walker.

Are you getting MA confused with golf, Dixie?

:dunno:

;D

:-\

;D

:-\

Oh, that's right. You've stepped up from the walker.

scooter%2B01.jpg

Just don't drink and hoveround, golf.

;D

De Andre (not sure which of the 27 spellings) Walker, Num-nutz!

• 4 weeks later...

Keith Niebuhr says South Carolina is now number 2 behind Auburn on his free recruiting podcast. He is being recruited at the spur position for South Carolina. The "spur" position is identical to the "star" position and was created by CEJ when he was at South Carolina.

free podcast: http://media.vsporto.s3.amazonaws.com/_shows/wareaglesportsradio/2014-08-18-2133397133-AuburnUndercover8.18.mp3

Keith Niebuhr says South Carolina is now number 2 behind Auburn on his free recruiting podcast. He is being recruited at the spur position for South Carolina. The "spur" position is identical to the "star" position and was created by CEJ when he was at South Carolina.

free podcast: http://media.vsporto.s3.amazonaws.com/_shows/wareaglesportsradio/2014-08-18-2133397133-AuburnUndercover8.18.mp3

I listened to the whole podcast today. It was good. I think based on the podcast we definitely are the leaders to retain Atkinson.

free podcast:

http://media.vsporto.s3.amazonaws.com/_shows/wareaglesportsradio/2014-08-18-2133397133-AuburnUndercover8.18.mp3

I listened to the whole podcast today. It was good. I think based on the podcast we definitely are the leaders to retain Atkinson.

Agreed. SC offering earlier playing time, though.

free podcast:

http://media.vsporto.s3.amazonaws.com/_shows/wareaglesportsradio/2014-08-18-2133397133-AuburnUndercover8.18.mp3

Agreed. SC offering earlier playing time, though.

earlier playing time? we are finally recruiting the star thoroughly this year with good competition for the future position next year. He'll have more than a good shot of getting considerable playing time behind Garrett. IF JG can stay healthy

earlier playing time? we are finally recruiting the star thoroughly this year with good competition for the future position next year. He'll have more than a good shot of getting considerable playing time behind Garrett. IF JG can stay healthy

Mack Alexander is likely ahead on the depth chart at star too. Not to mention we have a very underrated guy in Sully committed as a Star prospect.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived