2015 5* RB Damien Harris (Alabama signee)

EagleDamnWar

this kid is interesting....its obvious that the competition is severely lacking,but he has some qualities that all good runningbacks have....I would take this kid in a heartbeat, based solely on this video.....he would be worth the risk,sight unseen

With this next class being a weak one at RB, getting either him or Jacquez Patrick would be huge

We have a shot but imo UF leads. Long ways to go until next signing day. I will see Jacq. play 3 or 4 times this year as well as Auburn Knight

With this next class being a weak one at RB, getting either him or Jacquez Patrick would be huge

Kerryon Johnson would probably be a descent snag as well.

You're absolutely right, completely slipped my mind. And PCB, only thing I heard about that was WDEWDE saying we're likely only looking at one back next year and we'll load up in 2016 just due to the class talent. That being said, if 2 of the top names want to both come I can't imagine we wouldn't make room for both

We lose Grant and CAP this year so does that mean we'd be looking for 2 in this class?

Granted I still think J Ford deserves a crack at rb

From what I've read we are only taking one from this class because we took two in the 2014 class.

@JHokanson: Also of note: #Rivals100 5-star Damien Harris' coach is Jon Clark, who was on staff at #Auburn in 2006 assisting then OL coach Hugh Nall.

We lose Grant and CAP this year so does that mean we'd be looking for 2 in this class?

Granted I still think J Ford deserves a crack at rb

From what I've read we are only taking one from this class because we took two in the 2014 class.

Auburn is looking to take 1-2 in this class.

this kid is interesting....its obvious that the competition is severely lacking,but he has some qualities that all good runningbacks have....I would take this kid in a heartbeat, based solely on this video.....he would be worth the risk,sight unseen

obviously KY isnt loaded with talent like AL, GA or FL but does anyone know if he is at least playing in the highest classification KY has? He looks like a load. His body type reminds me of Dyer (without the spice)

Also worth noting from Hokanson's tweet that Harris reached out to Auburn.

Braden Smith was that way too, and we all know how that turned out even though we were late to the game. Definitely a fantastic sign.

Also worth noting from Hokanson's tweet that Harris reached out to Auburn.

Braden Smith was that way too, and we all know how that turned out even though we were late to the game. Definitely a fantastic sign.

Auburn contacted several recruits to see if they were interested and Braden responded. That is according to JB Grimes.

obviously KY isnt loaded with talent like AL, GA or FL but does anyone know if he is at least playing in the highest classification KY has? He looks like a load. His body type reminds me of Dyer (without the spice)

He is in Class 5A, 6A is the highest. Class 5A in Kentucky would be like on a level with Class 2A in Alabama. They do not take football seriously and most kids don't play until high school. They love their basketball here, but UK and Louisville both get their BB players elsewhere. Stoops has gotten a little wise in his football recruiting. He goes after the top 2 or 3 in KY then gets the rest from FL.

• 1 month later...

There is not a better high school runningback in the country....his video is just damned awesome.....he runs a bit too high right now, but his vision and cutback ability is almost beyond the point of being believable.....he does things in a hurry,too....this dude has everything that you want in a running back

DSC_4763_1_30_150.JPG

Damien Harris, RB

Berea, KY (Madison Southern)

5'11 / 205 / 4.51

- Attending Auburn's A-Day game

- Recruiter: Tim Horton

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Fresno State, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, South Carolina, Syracuse, Tennessee, USC, Wake Forest and Wisconsin, among others.

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 50)

Rivals: 5* (Rivals100 - No. 4)

Scout: 4*

Explosive, big-play back who can go the distance from anywhere on the field. Good acceleration and burst. Strong, well-built kid who is a tenacious blocker and can also run with power and break arm tackles. He is more of a one-cut and go guy who wins with his speed moreso than make people miss in short areas. He is also an excellent receiver out of the backfield. - Allen Trieu

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=6322555

• 2 weeks later...

there is not a better high school runningback in the country....his video is just damned awesome.....he runs a bit too high right now, but his vision and cutback ability is almost beyond the point of being believable.....he does things in a hurry,too....this dude has everything that you want in a runningback

I agree. I just watched his video. He is strong and powerful with good moves. He is pretty big too. If I compared his highlights to Roc's highlights, I would have to give the better highlight reel to Roc with all his spins, etc. It would be great to have a chance at getting Harris.

Archived