2017 JUCO ATH D'Anfernee McGriff

RunInRed

4/22/14 Update: McGriff commits to AU over Florida State

2/02/15 Update: McGriff decommits from AU

Most important thanks to all the War Eagles that have faith in me but unfortunately I'm decommitting from Auburn University!

I will be successful. "D'Anfernee McGriff". Remember the name!

@Dmcgriff1

Bl1xCwxIQAEvqzI.jpg
D'Anfernee McGriff, ATH
Tallahassee, FL (Leon HS)
6'2 / 220

- Recruiter: Dameyune Craig (P)
- Visited AU 3/29/14
- Commit target date: Summer, 2014, moved up to 4/22/14

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Cincinnati, East Carolina, Florida, Florida State, Georgia Southern, Kentucky, Louisville, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin, among others.

247Sports: 4*
Rivals: 4*
Scout: 4*

McGriff is a strong, powerful, fast and athletic prospect who is being recruited as a athlete by most schools. He is dynamic with the ball in his hands and has the ability to run the ball with a rare combination of speed, power, balance and agility. At 6-foot-3 and 225-pounds McGriff has excellent feet and changes directions very well for a prospect with his size.

" rel="nofollow external" title="External link">http://auburn.scout....nid=6952054

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This kid is a monster! JMO, I would love to see him on defense. He could be a monster at LB.

I assume he projects as a RB?

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/03/auburn_in_top_two_for_4-star_2.html

This says he would get a shot at QB but would be open to playing FB or RB. I don't think many people see him as a QB at the next level.

http://www.al.com/au...r_4-star_2.html

This says he would get a shot at QB but would be open to playing FB or RB. I don't think many people see him as a QB at the next level.

My nephew was his left tackle the last couple of years so I've watched him a lot. While very talented, he's not the electric athlete that Vanover was and he likely won't be playing QB at the next level. He's a DB-WR-maybe RB. He was a workhorse last year, they called QB run after run after run. He was not really a passing threat and Leon did not really have a great WR threat. My other nephew may be one if his guards this year…I'll keep watching him.

My nephew was his left tackle the last couple of years so I've watched him a lot. While very talented, he's not the electric athlete that Vanover was and he likely won't be playing QB at the next level. He's a DB-WR-maybe RB. He was a workhorse last year, they called QB run after run after run. He was not really a passing threat and Leon did not really have a great WR threat. My other nephew may be one if his guards this year…I'll keep watching him.

Sounds like you got some big nephews!!!

I was really kind of thinking anywhere in the defensive back 7 with the exception of MLB.. I mean WR would be good but I don't see this kid playing QB at all and really don't see him playing RB.. He's too talented to not play but OLB or Star or Safety seem to be the best fits SOLELY IN MY OPINION.

Leon always fields a very talented team. I can picture him as a very good LB.

Kinda reminds me of Bo Scarborough(spelling) the former Bama commit in last years class. Could play many different positions. He'd be a big pickup

I wanna play...I can picture him as a Unicorn, jumping over rainbows!! (Am I doing it right?)

I wanna play...I can picture him as a Unicorn, jumping over rainbows!! (Am I doing it right?)

Definitely NOT right!

Guest NC1406

The Unicorn is a running family joke at my house. My oldest son was forced to work in a military's recruiting office due to an injury. The new military "requirements" eliminated most that would be good for military service in the old format. My son got a call from a college educated young lady of non Caucasian background wanting to join and go Jag. Immediately realizing this was above his pay grade he put the young lady on hold and told his commander that he had a unicorn on line three. Unicorns are special. Sign the young man.

Sounds like you got some big nephews!!!

Yeah, the third nephew is the long snapper.

He shows being listed at 6'0" 219...but in the quote spot it says 6'3" 225. Which would be more accurate? Or is he maybe somewhere in the middle...

Is it just me, or does his name sound like someone is intentionally mispronouncing "D'Anthony"?

Anfernee is not a terribly uncommon name.

Is it just me, or does his name sound like someone is intentionally mispronouncing "D'Anthony"?

Anfernee is not a terribly uncommon name.

Still sounds like an intentional mispronunciation of Anthony ... as if you were mocking someone's poor diction.

Archived