2015 3* C Darryl Williams (Miss State signee)

BeatBama1972

Update: Williams to announce his commitment Thursday, June 26th, at 9:00AM CT.

"Darryl told me last night he was ready to get this recruiting process over with," Bessemer City coach Martez Edwards said. "Then he told me this morning after workouts that he was ready to go ahead and commit tomorrow."

"He's ready to make a decision," Edwards said. "The schools that want him have offered him. The schools that haven't offered him yet obviously don't want him."

"I asked him if he'd called his school yet and he said he had not," Edwards said. "They don't know yet. His momma doesn't even know and I don't know."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/06/bessemer_city_ol_darryl_willia.html

1327699.jpg

Darryl Williams, C

Bessemer City, AL

6'4 / 304 / 5.77

Offers: Auburn, Cincinnati, Florida State, Kentucky, Louisville, Mississippi State, South Alabama, Southern Miss and UAB, among others.

- Recruiters: Rodney Garner, J.B. Grimes

- Picked up AU offer 5/07/13

- Big Cat Weekend attendee

BpAUBVqIAAA78Kc.jpg

247Sports: 4*

ESPN: 4* (ESPN300 - No. 237)

Rivals: 3*

Scout: 3*

"You should have seen him the week after Auburn beat Alabama," Bessemer City coach Martez Edwards said. "That kid is a die-hard Auburn fan. He loves that school. You should have seen him at school the week after Auburn was going to play for the national championship. I'm telling you that if Auburn offered him I really think it would be over. I can almost assure you that."

http://www.al.com/sp..._darryl_wi.html

Hudl Highlights

A good read on Darryl Williams exploding onto the scene ...

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/03/bessemer_city_junior_darryl_wi.html

-68c679eac60ef56a.jpg

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see this guy explode on the scene this summer and tear it up at the a Opening! I would love to see a guy that loves Auburn this much really do well this year and get an offer.

It's great when a guy that loves Auburn blossoms enough before college to be on our recruiting short list. Many of us wish, e.g., QB Phillip Rivers (who grew up bleeding burnt orange & navy) had shown more potential earlier so maybe we'd have targeted him higher.

What is the latest with a possible AU offer for Williams. Sure sounds like he could play for most anyone.

Sounds like this young man is developing at the right time. I am sure the word and film will get out to the AU staff and a evaluation will be done. Keep getting your grind on young man and hopefully it will payoff with an AU scholarship.

• 1 month later...

What's the ranking on this kid?

High 3*. Just getting noticed. I was hoping we would offer Brandon Kennedy instead but i'll walk the company line.

Big day for Williamses, both of the Darryl and Darrell variety.

Now we just need a Larry.

Larry-DarrylDarryl-1.gif

Big day for Williamses, both of the Darryl and Darrell variety.

Now we just need a Larry.

Larry-DarrylDarryl-1.gif

Will a D'haquille work?

What's the story on this kids character?

What makes you ask an odd question like that?

interesting question.....I talked with a young man and his mother, the other day, that went to A-day and they sat near the visiting players.....she told me that there was one of them that was acting very badly, yelling and talking trash and just being a rude ass......she said his name was Williams, but she could not remember his first name.....would something like this be the reason for the question?

Archived