So, how's that repeal effort working out for you, Republicans?

RunInRed

image.jpg

That doesn't count all the people who made it into the queue before the midnight deadline without completing the process—that number is unknown—but judging by the last minute surge we saw over the weekend, it's going to be big. It also doesn't count the millions who have qualified for Medicaid. Or the millions of young people who got covered on their parents' plans.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/04/01/1288900/-It-s-official-7-million-and-counting

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 5800 of the 7000 have paid anything, a lot fewer young people have signed up than needed, there are more uninsured Americans today than there were a year ago, and a high percentage of those now insured are paying higher premiums for comparable coverage........all that at the expense of millions to the taxpayer . How will the W.H. spins (lie) about that? And why are Dems. up for election running like hell from Obamacare. Anyone who still thinks Obamacare is a good thing has little credibility for reality. In the end it will be the American people who decide, be they Rep or Dem. Right now almost every poll says they soverwhelmingly see it as unfavorable.

Only 5800 of the 7000 have paid anything, a lot fewer young people have signed up than needed, there are more uninsured Americans today than there were a year ago, and a high percentage of those now insured are paying higher premiums for comparable coverage........all that at the expense of millions to the taxpayer .

Link?

Yay!!! 7 Million people went to the site and began an enrollment! Yay!! Most of them had coverage somewhere else so we just moved plans from one place to the other!!! Yay!! Not nearly as many uninsured a signed up as truly needed!!! Yay!!! We have no earthly idea how many actually paid one dime for a policy!!! Yay!!! Let's celebrate!!! It's not exactly what it was supposed to be, but, Yay!!!

Let's see. 40 million uninsured plus 6 million forced to lose their insurance minus 7 million possibly insured equals 39 million still uninsured. Add in major increases in premium, major increases in co-pay and major increases in deductibles. How is that HOPE AND CHANGE workin' out for you?

7 million signed up?

Anyone believing this horse muffin ?

April Fools !!

:roflol:

RR - I hope you're joking over the 'glee' of promoting this bogus milestone.

image.jpg

That doesn't count all the people who made it into the queue before the midnight deadline without completing the process—that number is unknown—but judging by the last minute surge we saw over the weekend, it's going to be big. It also doesn't count the millions who have qualified for Medicaid. Or the millions of young people who got covered on their parents' plans.

http://www.dailykos....on-and-counting

Well, pardon me if I dont believe it. This administration has lied about everything. They lied about their involvement in Fast and Furious then Barry covered his boy Holder with an executive order after he perjured himself in a Congressional hearing. They lied about the IRS trying to silence political adversaries and the lied about the events in Benghazi to protect Obama's reelection bid.. So pardon me if i wait on declaring O-Care a raging success. Clearly, Pravda, er uh, I mean the mainstream media got their marching orders and their talking points and they're whoopin it up. Other than that, Im not buying it.

Also in the news today was that the most transparent administration ever played yet another "April Fool" joke on US citizens with the Benghazi "spontaneous protest" and video hoax.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/31/cia-ignored-station-chief-in-libya-when-creating-t/

For all the "so what-ers" ... remember, you are also the same people who said this would never work and no one would ever enroll into the exchanges. 7 Million enrollees in year one, all this despite a disastrous roll out, all but ensures the marketplace pools are not only here to stay but that they are going to work. Can you imagine the headlines / what would have happened if these numbers were much much less?

Here's a prediction: If the ACA is running relatively smoothly and costs are under control -- as I believe they will be -- by the time President Obama leaves office, he'll get wide spread credit for courage and innovation. ... As he should. And like it (now) or not, what's been accomplished will end up on the right side of American history.

Other than the fact it's what the White House told you, is there any other objective data whatsoever that has been presented that leads you to believe the 7 million number?

Did you also buy in to the story that Americans were killed at our embassy due to a spontaneous protest over a YouTube video in a country where most people don't have computers or internet?

Let's see. 40 million uninsured plus 6 million forced to lose their insurance minus 7 million possibly insured equals 39 million still uninsured. Add in major increases in premium, major increases in co-pay and major increases in deductibles. How is that HOPE AND CHANGE workin' out for you?

Well done AF. Can't wait for the response. My gut tells me it will be HIDE AND SEEK. :-\

Other than the fact it's what the White House told you, is there any other objective data whatsoever that has been presented that leads you to believe the 7 million number?

Did you also buy in to the story that Americans were killed at our embassy due to a spontaneous protest over a YouTube video in a country where most people don't have computers or internet?

Are you implying we have gullible persons in the family? :dunno:

Usually when an announcement like this is made it's several weeks or so before the "real adjusted numbers" are released / revealed. I'm sure that will be the case, after all this is the most transparent administration ever.

For all the "so what-ers" ... remember, you are also the same people who said this would never work and no one would ever enroll into the exchanges. 7 Million enrollees in year one, all this despite a disastrous roll out, all but ensures the marketplace pools are not only here to stay but that they are going to work. Can you imagine the headlines / what would have happened if these numbers were much much less?

Here's a prediction: If the ACA is running relatively smoothly and costs are under control -- as I believe they will be -- by the time President Obama leaves office, he'll get wide spread credit for courage and innovation. ... As he should. And like it (now) or not, what's been accomplished will end up on the right side of American history.

I thought the entire purpose of the bill, now law, was to insure the uninsured. The CBO says after all is said and done there will STILL BE 31 million uninsured in America. You call THAT working? Of the 7.1 mil that the administration is claiming has signed up, how many of those were part of the 6.3 million whose insurance was cancelled? You cant use the re-insuring of those who lost their insurance and claim a success. That's not why the law was passed.

It is funny as hell, to me, how quickly Obama starts taking victory laps when nobody will address the question of - How many have paid for their insurance? Enrolling is meaningless if they haven't written a check. So what Obama has done is, after lying to the country about keeping your insurance and your doctor and saving $2500 a year he shook up a system that 90% of the country was happy with on the pretense of insuring the uninsured and if you carefully look at the "net net" its close to a zero sum game. The difference is people are paying MORE for less with HIGHER deductibles with fewer healthcare options.

In a progressive's world that's justifies taunting your adversaries and taking victory laps. What a joke!

Well, I don't know about the overall statistics, but to answer your question, it's working great for me.

I have insurance for the first time since 2003.

You are correct.

The bad news is we are still about 25 % higher per capita in healthcare costs than countries like Germany (for example). Interesting, huh?

This is still a hodge podge designed by Republicans to ensure the private sector gets their cut.

Well done AF. Can't wait for the response. My gut tells me it will be HIDE AND SEEK. :-\

I love your math. There will be increases in premiums and deductibles (probably for younger individuals) but there will also be decreases in premiums and deductibles (mostly for older Americans). After a couple years this will be necessary to combat adverse selection. To state only one side of that is simply inaccurate.

Well done AF. Can't wait for the response. My gut tells me it will be HIDE AND SEEK. :-\/>

I love your math. There will be increases in premiums and deductibles (probably for younger individuals) but there will also be decreases in premiums and deductibles (mostly for older Americans). After a couple years this will be necessary to combat adverse selection. To state only one side of that is simply inaccurate.

So why hasn't Obama released the demographics of the 7 million he's so proud of? How many have actually paid for insurance? What are the ages? How many previously didn't have insurance? For him to take the victory lap is not only inacurate but deceptive.

Believing this administration about anything is very suspect. Party on, if you like.

If we want to quit skewing the uninsured numbers, shouldn't we note a big chunk of that population is due in part to the refusal of many Republican-led states to accept the ACA's Medicaid expansion? Not to mention, the result of the conservative misinformation campaign about mythical "death panels" and a bogus "government takeover of health care" that left millions more Americans fearful and confused—the uninsured most of all—about Obamacare?

Honestly, as we're seeing with all the "yeah but" responses today ... haven't Republicans always feared more Obamacare's success than it's failure?

Over time, Americans will know who to blame for trying to deny them health care and who to credit for making reform possible.

I fear what the law really is. And I am saddened by the people who believe in the mandate. The US shouldn't be doing this to it's people.

As for the Republicans I will let them respond.

You can keep your doctor, you can keep your insurance plan, the Benghazi attack was because of a youtube video, rouge IRS employees in Cincinnati caused the delays, I didn’t set a red line in Syria, we signed up seven million people............................

You can keep your doctor, you can keep your insurance plan, the Benghazi attack was because of a youtube video, rouge IRS employees in Cincinnati caused the delays, I didn’t set a red line in Syria, we signed up seven million people............................

Benghazi?

:laugh:

Archived