2016 5* OLB Lyndell (Mack) Wilson

RunInRed

I know its insanely early, but its already looking like 2016 could be a monster year if all the guys we lead for right now end up with the good guys

Yep, just gotta keep the wheels a-churning

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know its insanely early, but its already looking like 2016 could be a monster year if all the guys we lead for right now end up with the good guys

I think were going to have maybe a top 5 class this year, but next year i think is when Gus takes #1 from saban.

Mikey should be all over Wilson. His film is incredible for a Sophmore. He is already 6'3" and 220 pds. He will be a BIG LB in college. We definitely need him.

• 2 months later...

Bump...there is an article about him on al. com that is worth the read. I can't post it here at work so maybe a mod can help me out. The kid can play linebacker! He is 6'3 runs a 4.5 and to me has more talent than rashaan evans. If we can sign him, I know one certain poster that would be very happy!

Bump...there is an article about him on al. com that is worth the read. I can't post it here at work so maybe a mod can help me out. The kid can play linebacker! He is 6'3 runs a 4.5 and to me has more talent than rashaan evans. If we can sign him, I know one certain poster that would be very happy!

him and three or four others

him and three or four others

Yea, just ask Mikey.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/freakish_2016_athlete_lyndell.html

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/freakish_2016_athlete_lyndell.html

LW may be better but that's Apples to Oranges. Pretty hard to compare a LB to a Rush DE who had 17 sacks in the toughest region in the State while also being a go to guy on offense on numerous occasions for his team.

LW may be better but that's Apples to Oranges. Pretty hard to compare a LB to a Rush DE who had 17 sacks in the toughest region in the State while also being a go to guy on offense on numerous occasions for his team.

They both will play OLB in college so how is that apples and oranges? LW just finished his sophomore year and he already has the same or better measurables as Rashaan did. Looking at his highlight tape, he can be just as lethal when standing on top of the line of scrimmage. He will be one of the hottest commodities in the country next year as he is already considered a 5 star, unlike Evans, he didn't need an Alabama OV to receive it.

They both will play OLB in college so how is that apples and oranges? LW just finished his sophomore year and he already has the same or better measurables as Rashaan did. Looking at his highlight tape, he can be just as lethal when standing on top of the line of scrimmage. He will be one of the hottest commodities in the country next year as he is already considered a 5 star, unlike Evans, he didn't need an Alabama OV to receive it.

Rashaan will be a 3-4 OLB, which is similar to a stand up rush end in a 4-3. While Wilson would be an OLB in a 4-2-5 which is a more traditional role with more coverage.

Rashaan will be a 3-4 OLB, which is similar to a stand up rush end in a 4-3. While Wilson would be an OLB in a 4-2-5 which is a more traditional role with more coverage.

Yup. Completely different OLB's with completely different responsibilities. Apples to Oranges.

unlike Evans, he didn't need an Alabama OV to receive it.

You can't be serious there. I don't like the way the kid handled his recruitment but I'll give the devil his due. RE busted his arse and destroyed many people in competition to get his 5th *. Besides he was given his 5th *s before Bama was considered a serious threat to AU by the recruiting services.

• 2 months later...

Just a head's up ladies and gents. collector527 does have a connection on Lyndell Wilson so if he decides to keep posting updates on LW keep your eyes out for them and be appreciative.

Saw this kid play in a basketball tournament at AU this year. I had no idea who he was until one of my players told me. About that time Jeremy Johnson walked in to watch the rest of the game. He's not a highly skilled hoopster but he is athletic as all get out. He looks like a grown man already. Wishing I was that big, fast, and strong in the 11th grade!

Still can't understand why linebackers want to go get buried behind 75 other LBs.

He grew up a Bama fan is a big reason they lead.

Archived