2016 5* OLB Lyndell (Mack) Wilson

RunInRed

Coach Malzahn gave me an official offer today.

Bk_PDd3r_CQAEHVQT.jpg

@__MW3__

1233940.jpg

Lyndell (Mack) Wilson, OLB

Montgomery, AL (Carver)

6'2 / 215

- Visited AU 4/02/14

- Class of 2016

Offers: Auburn, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee and UCLA, among others.

Composite & 247Sports: 5* & 4*

Rivals: NR

Scout: 5*

ESPN 4*

As a sophomore, Wilson notched 71 tackles, seven sacks, two interceptions, five forced fumbles and accounted for one touchdown in helping Carver advance to the quarterfinals of the Class 6A state playoffs.

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=7233031

Hudl Highlights

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a program that struggled so much for so long, Carver is starting to churn out legitimate SEC talent on a yearly basis. Good for them.

He's gotta be an instant take.

Why is that exactly? Not that you're wrong, I just don't see anything in particular on this thread pointing at that.

For a program that struggled so much for so long, Carver is starting to churn out legitimate SEC talent on a yearly basis. Good for them.

They have been legit since Coach Pogue was there. He was on Chizik's and Malzahn staff until very recently.

Why is that exactly? Not that you're wrong, I just don't see anything in particular on this thread pointing at that.

Rolling my eyes

Rolling my eyes

Rolling my eyes

Awesome... a double post of complete helpfulness.. thanks.. I can see by your 90 posts that you obviously have a lot to add to the site.

I'm guessing the poster thinks this guy is going to be big when he gets rated. Notice that he is a recruit for the 2016 class so that is likely why he is unrated by all the sites at this point.

not trying to be a smart a$$, but I'd say because the coach offered him a scholarship as a 2016 signee. Not a ton of those go out thiiiiiis early

They have been legit since Coach Pogue was there. He was on Chizik's and Malzahn staff until very recently.

Carver's talent was stripped away for years using the Majority to Minority Rule. Lee and Jeff Davis were the culprits. That rule is no longer in effect so Carver is now the big dog in Montgomery and Lee and JD are sucking wind (poetic justice?).

2016 is setting up to be our best LB class ever. We lead for Quarterman (have I mentioned that before? ) and Keion Joyner is at AU now. Wilson is the real deal as well. It is unlikely that we get all 3 but, WOW!

IF ONLY WE KNEW SOMEONE WHO KEEPS UP WITH OUR LB SITUATION...

Carver's talent was stripped away for years using the Majority to Minority Rule. Lee and Jeff Davis were the culprits. That rule is no longer in effect so Carver is now the big dog in Montgomery and Lee and JD are sucking wind (poetic justice?).

You are exactly right. I went to Lee and Coach Pogue was my position coach and Coach Jimmy Perry was my Head coach. We all knew that Carver and Lanier had more talent in the area but we had the coaching so the players came over because they could get coached for the next level. I'm happy to see Carver doing well but I hate to see what has happened to Lee.

You are exactly right. I went to Lee and Coach Pogue was my position coach and Coach Jimmy Perry was my Head coach. We all knew that Carver and Lanier had more talent in the area but we had the coaching so the players came over because they could get coached for the next level. I'm happy to see Carver doing well but I hate to see what has happened to Lee.

I was at JD and I completely agree with you on all counts.

• 3 weeks later...

"@JHokanson: #Auburn leads for 2016 LB Lyndell Wilson after Saturday visit

Good deal. He's the early favorite to be the top in state player next cycle so having the early lead is a big deal, especially considering he's a LB. Perhaps the tides are shifting. ;)

Archived