2015 5* DL Terry Beckner Jr. (Missouri signee)

RunInRed

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2340579-odds-auburn-lands-5-star-terry-beckner-jr-over-missouri-ohio-state-fsu

"If you would've asked me last week, I would've said Mizzou strong and FSU edging in, but after coming back from this Auburn visit, he was more excited than I ever saw after a visit," Mitchom told Wiltfong. "Whatever they did down there really, really caught his eye."

Got to love news like this

Yes, and the article itself (granted it's bleacher report) actually has us favored to land Beckner. Couldn't say I would have seen that coming.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2340579-odds-auburn-lands-5-star-terry-beckner-jr-over-missouri-ohio-state-fsu

"If you would've asked me last week, I would've said Mizzou strong and FSU edging in, but after coming back from this Auburn visit, he was more excited than I ever saw after a visit," Mitchom told Wiltfong. "Whatever they did down there really, really caught his eye."

Yes, and the article itself (granted it's bleacher report) actually has us favored to land Beckner. Couldn't say I would have seen that coming.

They might be wrong on this. I hope not. Bleacher Report has gotten much better. I enjoy reading it occasionally.

If u have a open mind while visiting and don't go by what AU haters say, U WILL FALL N LOVE with AU.

If u have a open mind while visiting and don't go by what AU haters say, U WILL FALL N LOVE with AU.

:hellyeah:

I have not seen this much positive energy for Auburn with having so many 4&5 star players possibly signing with us in a good while. This could turn into a very special class of young men that could be the foundation for great things to come.

I have not seen this much positive energy for Auburn with having so many 4&5 star players possibly signing with us in a good while. This could turn into a very special class of young men that could be the foundation for great things to come.

Don't we all hope this is true!

Don't we all hope this is true!

Mizzou's D-Line coach could be leaving. Not sure what effect it may or may not have on Beckner's recruitment, but feels relevant.

http://www.stltoday....ec52b30d90.html

Interesting. His lead recruiter is their CB coach, but who knows what Beckner's priorities are.

It should make a difference. He is going to play on the DL. Let's hope this makes him think a lot.

Wish we could legally talk to these kids. As a someone born in Missouri, who now lives in KC, I'd be happy to give him the whole truth about why 4 years in Auburn is light years better than 4 in Columbia.

Why would their D-line coach be leaving? Terry would do a lot better playing for Auburn then Missouri. We've won the SEC many times while Missouri is 0-2.

All fairness aside, Mizzou hasn't done too bad lately about getting defensive lineman to play on Sundays. That might be a factor for Terry as well as the distance, but in the end, I think he will go where he can get playing time and make himself better for later in life. Here's to hoping that is with AU.

Maybe so but, they still can't beat a team from the SEC west. Therefore, they are 0-2 in the SEC championship game and they'll never play the playoff games then play for a national championship.

Maybe so but, they still can't beat a team from the SEC west. Therefore, they are 0-2 in the SEC championship game and they'll never play the playoff games then play for a national championship.

Well I for one think your on to something here a4e. Roll with it big guy.

Well my friends.......another big one for the tigers....Auburn Tigers that is!! Be positive and great things will happen on NSD for Auburn. My little Welsh Corgi barks 2 times, pauses and barks 2 more times whenever I mention a recruit that will sign with Auburn. When she growls and barks at the vacuum cleaner 1 time, the recruit will not sign with Auburn. She is camera shy and will not let me record this! Otherwise, she would be a star no doubt! Seriously folks..she is that good!

Well my friends.......another big one for the tigers....Auburn Tigers that is!! Be positive and great things will happen on NSD for Auburn. My little Welsh Corgi barks 2 times, pauses and barks 2 more times whenever I mention a recruit that will sign with Auburn. When she growls and barks at the vacuum cleaner 1 time, the recruit will not sign with Auburn. She is camera shy and will not let me record this! Otherwise, she would be a star no doubt! Seriously folks..she is that good!

Strange this is.... I believe you.

Sounds like distance is the only thing keeping Mizzou in the race for Beckner. If they don't impress on his visit this weekend then things may get a little more interesting for his decision.

Archived