2015 5* DL Terry Beckner Jr. (Missouri signee)

RunInRed

No double edged sword with McKinzy and Frost anymore. Both guys are borderline All-SEC types. Both have a shot at being on the lists next preseason. Those guys have progressed. They can play.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No double edged sword with McKinzy and Frost anymore. Both guys are borderline All-SEC types. Both have a shot at being on the lists next preseason. Those guys have progressed. They can play.

Mikey doesn't care about borderline All-SEC. Its All-American or bust

Mikey doesn't care about borderline All-SEC. Its All-American or bust

Link?

As to the progress, look at KSU's last TD and see who got taken completely out of the play. When a safety has 2X the tackles of either LB, something is not quite right.

As to the progress, look at KSU's last TD and see who got taken completely out of the play. When a safety has 2X the tackles of either LB, something is not quite right.

Duke Williams dropped a pass. Does that mean he's not an all-SEC caliber receiver?

Can't you acknowledge the improvement while focusing on the increasingly minimal negatives? Even ESPN awarded Frost PotG.

our staff should be able to do both recruit and coach really well. We should have been in on 2015 Defensive needs sooner. JMO.

If they had then the magic of 2013 does not happen. People don't realize all the work and time that had to be put in by the Defensive staff on techniques and repairing broken psychies.

So what about this Beckner kid...................

I am as guilty as anyone about going off on a tangent when the subject is something else but is there anything new on this kid?

I am as guilty as anyone about going off on a tangent when the subject is something else but is there anything new on this kid?

I hear AU is in the mix.

I hear AU is in the mix.

We have a shot but allbe it a small one.

Lawson, Adams and Tre Williams had way less "relationship" time than any 2015 recruit. We do not have any defensive lineman or linebacker of that level committed as of today. Is there still time? Yes. Is there cause for concern? Also, yes.

There are five guys on the DL whose eligibility will be up after this season...but there are twelve more who will be back next season, two of whom are of the caliber to which you are referring (and a third, Daniel, who arguably is as well), and four more of whom were 4 star prospects when they signed last year. That means we aren't in quite the precarious position it might seem on the front four. Yes, we need to fill in a couple of spots, but there is plenty of time between now and February. I'd say it's almost a given that we'll pull at least two 4 stars at DE/DT, with a pretty decent shot at hauling in a blue chipper (like Beckner) as well. Either case has the team sitting pretty in 2015.

As for linebacker, you're the one always preaching depth at that position in a class, and we have four commits who are classified as linebackers by recruiting services (even if two are being recruited to play safety instead of linebacker). Of those four, two are solid four stars, and one is borderline...which sounds like the makings of a pretty solid group of linebacker recruits, even by your standards...with the potential to still get a big time player at the position. And what's more is that there isn't a single senior in the LB corps, so barring a breakout season by one of the starters that leads to going pro early, everyone will be back, too.

So tell me...why is it such a cause for concern?

There may well be a number of DL guys returning even after all the graduation. I still think it's cause for concern when we don't have a single player committed there.

we actually have Jauntavious Johnson committed fwiw

our staff should be able to do both recruit and coach really well. We should have been in on 2015 Defensive needs sooner. JMO.

If they had then the magic of 2013 does not happen. People don't realize all the work and time that had to be put in by the Defensive staff on techniques and repairing broken psychies.

May not be quite the same, but FSU had a huge amount of coaching turnover, ran the table LY and how is their Defensive recruiting going this year?

May not be quite the same, but FSU had a huge amount of coaching turnover, ran the table LY and how is their Defensive recruiting going this year?

They did not change philosophy nor scheme nor did they have to repair broken psychies from a horrific previous season.

Wait, we are not changing our philosophy either, or scheme and last year was not horrific. I am comparing this current year between the two defensive classes.

The whole point is Garner went through a philosophy and scheme change from the 3-4 to the 4-3 which requires a different set of DLs. Pruitt has never been in a different scheme than the 3-4 so he has a very long relationship with his targets no matter where he is coaching. And last year was not horrific because Garner spent extra time coaching out bad habits and repairing broken psychies.

Comparing last year's DL class to this one is very easily explained. We were by far the best offers Kennion and Lawrence got so the long relationship was not needed there. Garner had a very long relationship with Lambert going back to his high school days so that 3 or 4 year relationship landed him. Craig has Mobile on Lockdown and landed us Thornton. We offered Andrew Williams long before UGA did so we landed him mostly holding off Clemson.

I noticed this kids from East St. Louis. Hopefully his parents will want him to get as far away as possible from that hell hole.

They probably want him away from there but close enough to see him play. As a parent you want to go and see your kids play. Close is hard to beat when your kid is involved.

Wish we had Garner and T Rocker on our staff.

scratching-head-smiley-emoticon.gif

If we had Rodney and Tracy, either Garner or Rocker could be our DC when Johnson retires.

Tracy likely goes back to the pros when he gets another chance. He does not like the college game of recruiting.

If that's true, why did he go to ug if he doesn't like the college game and recruiting? I'm sure Tracy has more than enough money for him and his family to live on?

If that's true, why did he go to ug if he doesn't like the college game and recruiting? I'm sure Tracy has more than enough money for him and his family to live on?

I think Tracy likes coaching, just not the traveling involved with recruiting.

If we had Rodney and Tracy, either Garner or Rocker could be our DC when Johnson retires.

Tracy likely goes back to the pros when he gets another chance. He does not like the college game of recruiting.

I have heard that about Rocker almost ever since he took the job. My guess is he took the job because he could stay in coaching at a high profile school and next chance he gets to go back to the Pro game he will take it.

Archived