2015 5* DL Terry Beckner Jr. (Missouri signee)

RunInRed

If that's true, why did he go to ug if he doesn't like the college game and recruiting? I'm sure Tracy has more than enough money for him and his family to live on?

I did not say he did not like the college game itself. I said he did not like the college game of recruiting. He went to UGA because he had no pro job opportunities at that time.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard that about Rocker almost ever since he took the job. My guess is he took the job because he could stay in coaching at a high profile school and next chance he gets to go back to the Pro game he will take it.

060ec21017e667e3f8041664f8fb7b6b9cc8bbaee97d2e4d120a4871b50911a5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Bump. I just saw from KK on Twitter that Terry Beckner, who is one of the highest ranked recruits in the country, will OV to AU! This is big news. Not sure where he is leaning; from what I have heard in the past he has been difficult to figure out. He is a Stud DE. I hope this goes well. We could really use him.

Bump. I just saw from KK on Twitter that Terry Beckner, who is one of the highest ranked recruits in the country, will OV to AU! This is big news. Not sure where he is leaning; from what I have heard in the past he has been difficult to figure out. He is a Stud DE. I hope this goes well. We could really use him.

In state Mizzou but like last year with Drago there is an opening for major schools like AU to make a move.

Oh and I want to give a shout out to Coach Garner and any AU coaches involved in getting TB to decide to OV AU. To get him to want to OV without a visit from either side yet is massively huge. There is still work to do but awesome job coaches.

Lastly I'm not sure where AU is recruiting TB but he is projected to be a 3 tech DT in a 4 man line scheme or a DE or Jack in a 3 man line scheme.

Just watched his HUDL highlights. He is strong and disruptive. He weighs almost 300 Pds. Regardless of what position he ends up playing, it will be in the DL and we need all positions on the Dline.

• 1 month later...

I hope Garner is on his way up there to see Mr. Beckner! Let the D-Line recruiting begin!

This week's visits are focused on commits, EEs, and local targets. Garner is expected to visit Beckner next week.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard it is really between us and mizzou.

Also heard mizzou lost their DC to another job. Wonder if that makes a difference

And if the dline is better then the LB's and DB's will be better. If you can stop the run up front and put pressure on the QB in passing situations then everyone behind you will be better.

We will have a good dline next year.

We will have a good dline next year.

I agree, and as BeatBama said, I think the bigger concern is depth of talent.

Just curious, but what makes you so sure?

Our d-line and linebacker spots are going to be weak for next year.

wrong again. please learn something about the game...good grief

Archived