2016 4* LB Keion Joyner

CameronCrazy

Updated 3/24/15: AU, FSU, LSU and NC make top four (http://auburn.247spo...he-top-36375369) ...

KEIONJOYNER200_091013.JPG

Keion Joyner, OLB

Havelock, NC (Havelock)

6'3 / 200

- Class of 2016

- Recruiter: Lance Thompson

- Picked up AU offer 9/05/13

- Visited AU 11/30/13 (Iron Bowl/Kick 6), 4/03/14

Offers: Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami (Fl.), North Carolina, NC State, Ohio State, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia Tech, among others.

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 22, No. 1 OLB)

ESPN: 4* (ESPN300 - No. 9, No. 2 OLB)

Rivals: 5* (Rivals100 - No. 17, No. 4 OLB)

Scout: 5 (Scout Rank No. 8, No. 1 OLB)

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, East Carolina, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, LSU, Miami (Fl.), NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M and Virginia Tech, among others.

2013: During his sophomore season, Joyner finished with 101 tackles, 18 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks, two interceptions, seven pass breakups, five forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries.

http://recruiting.sc...c=1&nid=7172501

Hudl Highlights

11081042_726849494102730_5382761968135442098_n.jpg

As for my recruitment, it’s going good. I don’t think about it too much on a serious level; sometimes when you pay attention too close to it you can get bigheaded and that’s just not me. Right now I’m just enjoying it and hearing everyone out.

It’s pretty cool to get to know all of these coaches; just seeing my name first on the board for most wanted players is always big for me. It’s one thing to hear a coach tell you you’re first, but to see it on the actual board is big.

It just shows me that one day my talent will be shown to the world. It’s a blessing, but I’m pretty sure I won’t decide until my senior year.

I’ve been the No. 1 linebacker in my class since my sophomore year and I’ve kept that ranking, which is cool, but, honestly for me, I just try to work to get better. I focus on that. I really try to do something better every day and I work to get my teammates better every day. I just feel like when you focus on that you have more success than worrying about where you’re ranked and things like that.

Right now I’m benching 245 pounds, I deadlift 380 pounds and I squat 275 pounds.

Sometimes people ask me what’s the best part about playing football and I always tell them – I just like to hit people. It’s a big rush for me. The fans just get so hype and it’s the best atmosphere to be in for a player.

http://usatodayhss.c...rts-espn-rvials

He played as a Sophmore at 6'4" and 200 pds. He already looks like a senior. Very, very impressive. I like this kid.

• 10 months later...

Picked up a crystal ball on Joyner from a big ten guy, Kevin Ryan 2-8-15. Have no idea how that came about. Joyner seems to be pretty wide open on choices and plans on decision at the under armour game. BBig time dude.

Rivals lists him at 6'4 220lbs. Think he may outgrow the LB position one day. Could be a fun option for the Buck position though.

I assume Ellis Johnson is no longer a part of his recruitment :P

That asside I agree he may outgrow the lb position but he could be a great pass rush-drop back lb.

How does our current crop of LBs we signed affect our LB targets for this year and next year? Is it going to hinder AU's recruitment? It seems like we picked up some really good LBs this year.

How does our current crop of LBs we signed affect our LB targets for this year and next year? Is it going to hinder AU's recruitment? It seems like we picked up some really good LBs this year.

Not too much I wouldn't imagine. Assuming KF and CM keep their starting roles, once they graduate it will still be relatively easy to sell early playing time since the competition for 2 of the 3 spots will be wide open.

Not too much I wouldn't imagine. Assuming KF and CM keep their starting roles, once they graduate it will still be relatively easy to sell early playing time since the competition for 2 of the 3 spots will be wide open.

Possibly 3 of 3 if Swain earns one this year.

• 1 month later...

Possibly 3 of 3 if Swain earns one this year.

Wow, I read amsterjam's post, and wondered if he had spent some time there recently...THEN...I noticed it was 6 weeks ago!! :brickwall:

Good call.

• 2 months later...

Not full knock on the kid...but I hope he does some work in the weight room. Those lift numbers seem low to me, especially on squat.

Not full knock on the kid...but I hope he does some work in the weight room. Those lift numbers seem low to me, especially on squat.

They're way low if he's talking max (which all these kids do).

That has to be a typo. For someone thats in a strength program like football players are I'm not sure how your bench max is only 30 lbs under your squat max. Did he have a leg injury or something? Seems odd if true.

Archived