Lou Holtz spoke to Auburn Football team

Plaric

Not exactly sure why but he spoke to them today. World must be coming to an end.

image.jpg

BkaXKyACYAAmmR8.jpg

via @FootballAU

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holtz also talked to the team about about how to continue a winning tradition on the field and life ... judging by player posts on social media, he was pretty well received.

It may be just me, but I think he's developed a level of respect for Coach Malzahn that I feel he never had with Chizik or even Tuberville for that matter.

Glad he made it to Auburn University. Thought he might of loaded his gps looking for The University of Auburn and gone to who knows where..

Not a big fan of Holtz as an analyst/TV personality but he is known as a great coach and a strong motivational speaker. He does have some good things about being a "life coach" and using football as a stepping stone towards being a success in life. I think this is part of the overall approach of CGM to build a championship program overall, not just a success on the field.

What's next, Joe Shat writing a fluff piece, Mr and Mrs David Pollack sing our praises and updyke actually pays restitution? Just seeing him in an Auburn hat makes me want to shower.

I'd say this will likely have PR benefits down the road for us. Good move by CGM.

I agree!

agree

While many posters on this board might think he is an idiot....this is a guy the kids watch week after week while following college football .....and he does have some good things to say about life beyond the football field. IMO, never hurts to have someone like Lou meet our players and coaches...increases the chances for some positive comments later in the season.

It may be just me, but I think he's developed a level of respect for Coach Malzahn that I feel he never had with Chizik or even Tuberville for that matter.

Something sure has changed. Dude had a serious hate for Auburn, just a couple of years ago.

Heck, just watch his reaction to the Kick - Six

http://deadspin.com/watch-espn-talent-react-live-to-the-alabama-auburn-fina-1474291696/all

What's next, Joe Shat writing a fluff piece, Mr and Mrs David Pollack sing our praises and updyke actually pays restitution? Just seeing him in an Auburn hat makes me want to shower.

I agree , but man, just think of how much sway Gus has to bring Granny Holtz to The Plains.

Some of us need to realize that who/what we see on TV is not always indicative who/what a person actually is. Holtz has always been highly respected for his motivational speaking and the fact that he does care beyond football and athletics.

Holtz can be a prick and your best friend the next minute. He lives in prestigious Isleworth Golf & Country Club Windermere, Fl. Use to run into him at what the locals call "The Ready" in Windermere. I think his biploar imo

There have been times I wanted to slap the taste out of his mouth, no doubt. But this is an excellent PR move. Getting friendly with Gus could be the difference between the way he has acted in the past and possibly being pro-AU from here on. If not pro-AU, at least pro-Gus. I will take that any way we can get it.

I agree with this completely. Although, still not a fan of ol' Lou.

Was the front row given ponchos like at sea workd?

13, that was funny as hell... Cant believe ppl missed this.... lmao :rollin::roflol:

Archived