2014 Spring Practice - Day 10

RunInRed

Bku9RYHCMAAFYfb.jpg

via @FootballAU

Bku_F2rCYAAlRQs.jpg

via @FootballAU

Most of the usual high-octane stimuli for the first 20 minutes of practice. Team can still stretch well.

Offensive line remains Coleman-Kozan-Dismukes-Young-Miller

Punt & kick returners remain the same contingent

Tyler Nero is still not practicing in pads

Ricardo Louis is not in pads practicing this morning.

Louis did not appear to have any brace or cast, will try to find out later why he's out later

Bks8pwrCMAAx-wL.jpg

@JamesCrepea

Auburn sr. guard Chad Slade was working w/ the second team at left guard today.

Josh Holsey was in pads but didn't appear to be doing much in the way of contact during the open viewing, just going through the motions.

@AUBlog

Very limited amount of time at practice this morning. The team was in shells and worked a lot on special teams the first 20 minutes.

I didn't see Keymiya Harrell either. He was injured in the scrimmage.

A big group of players and coaches from Gadsden City High School was at practice this morning, but not any known prospects in the group.

http://auburn.247spo...pic/42/27019341 (Free Content)

For the most part, it seems the seasoned vets are the ones experiencing minor injuries. As long as we do not have major injuries, we are just fine... backups can step in and show what they are made of. WDE

Gus Malzahn is here. "The emphasis today was corrections on our scrimmage." Much of the focus was on third downs.
Malzahn on Cameron Toney: "He's getting a lot of reps at inside linebacker." Says that Toney is continuing to learn.
Malzahn on the defensive ends: "We're developing some depth." Talked about moving some of "the bigger guys" (tackles) there to help.

@wareagleextra

Malzahn: "For the most part our guys flew around today and looked like they wanted to practice.
Malzahn explains reasoning for moving Chad Slade to LG and Avery Young to RG was to create depth at the inside positions.
Malzahn says injured DE Keymiya Harrell is "day-to-day" and WR Ricardo Louis has a "minor ailment." Neither participated today

@AUBlog

Malzahn: "we needed to be more physical" than Saturday
Malzahn: Chad Slade was on left side, using spring to experiment
Malzahn: "we definitely are (thin at DE)."
Malzahn: "nothing has changed" with Tyler Nero

@JamesCrepea

Malzahn says the takeaway from the scrimmage -- which was mostly young guys -- needed to be more physical, see more effort.

@JoelAErickson

LB Cam Toney was bothered by an ankle injury last season, says he feels good this spring. Toney has worked at both OLB and MLB.

@JHokanson

Auburn redshirt frosh LB Cameron Toney: "Being redshirted as a freshman was probably the toughest thing I went through."

LB Cameron Toney says the speed of the game was one of the biggest adjustments he had to make from HS to college.

@AUBlog

Robenson Therezie says his hand is doing better, he's taking reps with the defense.
Therezie: safeties have been rotating at Dime spot

@JamesCrepea

Therezie on injured hand and seeing reps at punt return: "Now I can catch punts like the cast ain't there."
Therezie on new safety Derrick Moncrief: "We expect a lot of big things out of Moncrief."

@AUBlog

Cameron Artis-Payne says everybody is fighting for the No. 1 RB role. "We haven't gotten any updates, so if you hear anything, let me know."

@JHokanson

CAP on RB battle: "Everybody's fighting for that role, but ultimately that's up to the coaches."

@AUBlog

I heard it was gonna come down to Bench Press again this year!

I heard it was gonna come down to Bench Press again this year!

I heard (like Bo Jackson) it was whomever could bust a baseball bat over their head the best!

I heard it was whoever could catch a squirrel.

That seemed to be a pretty good indicator of who would have a great year last year!

Archived