Another Ruby Ridge on the Horizon?

autigeremt

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the type of government action that should have our attention. Instead, we are distracted by the inane partisan bickering. Someone wants these folks off their land.

Reminds me of moonshiners and revenuers. Except out there they lack woods to hide in from the government agents.

This thing may not end well at all. The emotions are high on both sides.

This is the type of government action that should have our attention. Instead, we are distracted by the inane partisan bickering. Someone wants these folks off their land.

What partisan bickering? The Bundy's are a Nevada family that has been in that area for 140 years. The BLM is using strong arm tactics that resemble a police state. The law seems to be on their side but their tactics are are almost unforgivable. Its just too bad the Bundy's aren't illegal aliens. If they were, the govt would be there registering them to vote democrat, signing them up for ObamaCare and issuing them EBT cards. As it is, just being regular ole Americans the BLM has 200 armed agents there acting as if they're ready to re-fight the Alamo.

I'm glad you asked Blue. The partisan bickering that is contained in your ridiculous post. I believe you have the basic principles identified very well. However, it is lost in your inane political rant.

I'm glad you asked Blue. The partisan bickering that is contained in your ridiculous post. I believe you have the basic principles identified very well. However, it is lost in your inane political rant.

it was a joke you dumbass. When your sense of propriety is so far gone that you cant even tell a joke from being serious THAT is the sign of a true partisan.

This guy stopped paying the fees to graze cattle on public land?

Isn't that, ya know, illegal?

Yes. It's every bit as illegal as the undocumented aliens that cross over the border every year ... and it's also as illegal as the govt not enforcing the existing immigration laws. Selective enforcement of laws by the current administration is going to generate problems for them.

Yes. It's every bit as illegal as the undocumented aliens that cross over the border every year ... and it's also as illegal as the govt not enforcing the existing immigration laws. Selective enforcement of laws by the current administration is going to generate problems for them.

Easy, ICHY doesn't like it when you when you point out obvious inconsistencies like that. He'd prefer we in a circle and take turns complimenting this administration's efforts to ruin the country.

I don't believe he ever started. There seems to be some contention that the land his cattle is grazing on is actually owned by the county but, I don't know. The problem I have over it is the show of force. Is surrounding his property with 200 federal marshals really necessary? Does he pose that kind of threat to the general public? Has there been any sort of due process or negotiation? The facts seem rather sketchy and there is some evidence that his land is wanted for development. I wish there was someone in that area that had better information.

I don't believe he ever started. There seems to be some contention that the land his cattle is grazing on is actually owned by the county but, I don't know. The problem I have over it is the show of force. Is surrounding his property with 200 federal marshals really necessary? Does he pose that kind of threat to the general public? Has there been any sort of due process or negotiation? The facts seem rather sketchy and there is some evidence that his land is wanted for development. I wish there was someone in that area that had better information.

Its just too bad Bundy doesn't have the same clout that harry reid does. Reid had the boundaries of that area dedicated to preserving the desert tortoise shifted for his personal gain. BTW, that desert tortoise that this whole ordeal is about are being exterminated by the same BLM that's trying to close down the Bundy ranch.

Easy, ICHY doesn't like it when you when you point out obvious inconsistencies like that. He'd prefer we in a circle and take turns complimenting this administration's efforts to ruin the country.

So your post wasn't a joke? You were lying again?

Actually what I don't like is pretending to stand up for principles when your real goal is a partisan political attack.

Actually what I don't like is pretending to stand up for principles when your real goal is a partisan political attack.

Nope I wasn't lying the BLM is killing the desert tortoise. The same desert tortoise that got this whole incident started

http://www.kingsnake...t-of-money.html

harry Reid was among the real estate developers that benefited from having the borders of the preserve shifted

Its just too bad Bundy doesn't have the same clout that harry reid does. Reid had the boundaries of that area dedicated to preserving the desert tortoise shifted for his personal gain. BTW, that desert tortoise that this whole ordeal is about are being exterminated by the same BLM that's trying to close down the Bundy ranch.

I wouldn't put it past Harry Reid. I believe the tortoise thing is a smokescreen.

If Bundy had political clout on either the left or the right, he probably wouldn't be surrounded by armed federal marshals right now.

Nope I wasn't lying the BLM is killing the desert tortoise. The same desert tortoise that got this whole incident started

harry Reid was among the real estate developers that benefited from having the borders of the preserve shifted

I wasn't referring to that post Blue. I was referring to the one in which you called me a dumbass for not recognizing you humor (if in fact is was a joke as you claimed).

I wouldn't put it past Harry Reid. I believe the tortoise thing is a smokescreen.

If Bundy had political clout on either the left or the right, he probably wouldn't be surrounded by armed federal marshals right now.

On that we can agree but IMO anyway you slice it, treating an American citizen like this is wrong and reflective of the mentality that currently exists inside the beltway. That whole hope and change thing sure worked out well didn't it?

I wasn't referring to that post Blue. I was referring to the one in which you called me a dumbass for not recognizing you humor (if in fact is was a joke as you claimed).

You make out a whole lot better if you'd spend less time worrying about me and more time saying goosefrabba...goosefrabba.

On that we can agree but IMO anyway you slice it, treating an American citizen like this is wrong and reflective of the mentality that currently exists inside the beltway. That whole hope and change thing sure worked out well didn't it?

But there you go again, it has nothing to do with "hope and change". It truly is a beltway mentality. The federal government (left and right) stands up for those who contribute to campaigns, everyone else get hit with "the rule of law". I'm sick of seeing two standards for "the rule of law".

You make out a whole lot better if you'd spend less time worrying about me and more time saying goosefrabba...goosefrabba.

Thank you for the advice but, I spend no time worrying about you. You are a lost cause. You aren't smart enough to understand that there are three types of politicians and bureaucrats, liberals, conservatives, and self-serving opportunists. The problem isn't with the first two, the problem is the last type and, they have come to dominate the political landscape.

I don't believe he ever started. There seems to be some contention that the land his cattle is grazing on is actually owned by the county but, I don't know.

It is federal land.

The problem I have over it is the show of force. Is surrounding his property with 200 federal marshals really necessary?

Dunno. I guess it depends on if it was before or after he threatened federal agents with lethal force.

Has there been any sort of due process or negotiation? The facts seem rather sketchy and there is some evidence that his land is wanted for development. I wish there was someone in that area that had better information.

He's apparently had all the due process he can handle. He stopped paying the fees 21 years ago, was told to remove his cattle in 1998, and was warned in July of last year to remove his cattle within 45 days or they would be confiscated. I'm honestly surprised it took the Feds this long to get off their butts and enforce the law.

No point in developing that land, I would think. Middle of nowhere and a tad on the arid side.

Thank you for the advice but, I spend no time worrying about you. You are a lost cause. You aren't smart enough to understand that there are three types of politicians and bureaucrats, liberals, conservatives, and self-serving opportunists. The problem isn't with the first two, the problem is the last type and, they have come to dominate the political landscape.

Oh I know. You're so much smarter than me irt amazes me you're irresistibly compelled respond to nearly every post I enter. I know exactly what is going on with politicians but,really do get a good chuckle when you condescendingly take it upon yourself to "teach" me something.

"He's apparently had all the due process he can handle. He stopped paying the fees 21 years ago, was told to remove his cattle in 1998, and was warned in July of last year to remove his cattle within 45 days or they would be confiscated. I'm honestly surprised it took the Feds this long to get off their butts and enforce the law."

this is correct but here is the rub. So, I take it the point you're making is he owes the govt some fees for grazing privileges? Well, Al Sharpton owes $millions of past due taxes from his Action Network and Warren Buffett owes $millions upon $millions of back taxes from Berkshire Hathaway but I dont see any armed IRS agents storming their respective homes. Wonder why? This whole deal stinks. It starts with an AG who says "Im not going to prosecute my people" Holder has said this and the selective prosecution mentality is worse than I have ever seen it in Washington right now.

I don't believe he ever started. There seems to be some contention that the land his cattle is grazing on is actually owned by the county but, I don't know.

It is federal land.

The problem I have over it is the show of force. Is surrounding his property with 200 federal marshals really necessary?

Dunno. I guess it depends on if it was before or after he threatened federal agents with lethal force.

Has there been any sort of due process or negotiation? The facts seem rather sketchy and there is some evidence that his land is wanted for development. I wish there was someone in that area that had better information.

He's apparently had all the due process he can handle. He stopped paying the fees 21 years ago, was told to remove his cattle in 1998, and was warned in July of last year to remove his cattle within 45 days or they would be confiscated. I'm honestly surprised it took the Feds this long to get off their butts and enforce the law.

Where are you getting your information? I am finding a lot of stories but, they seem to be conflicting?

Oh I know. You're so much smarter than me irt amazes me you're irresistibly compelled respond to nearly every post I enter. I know exactly what is going on with politicians but,really do get a good chuckle when you condescendingly take it upon yourself to "teach" me something.

See there, you are a lost cause. You're not even teachable.

Archived