Good things Republicans have done

TexasTiger

Without both parties we'd be freer, debt free, and more self reliant. Instead, we are choked off by elites who use the two party system as a way to keep us under their thumb.

Without both parties we'd be freer, debt free, and more self reliant. Instead, we are choked off by elites who use the two party system as a way to keep us under their thumb.

This times a thousand.

Monday good thing. Republicans criticizing Obama's policy (or lack thereof) for the ongoing mess in Ukraine while Obama twiddles his fingers.

Monday good thing. Republicans criticizing Obama's policy (or lack thereof) for the ongoing mess in Ukraine while Obama twiddles his fingers.

Republicans are most excellent at criticizing for sure. (Especially in no-win situations like the Ukraine.)

Problem is, the new conservatism seems more prone to mistakes of commission (instead of omission) in these situations, which typically involves more long term risk.

Sort of weird when you consider the classical values of conservatism, huh?

Sunday's good thing. Republicans exposed several Obama lies and forced him into the truth.

It will be interesting to see what they do when Obama is gone. Expose Clinton lies I suppose. :laugh:

Kept the Fast and Furious, IRS, and Benghazi scandals from being swept under the rug.

They are already swept under the rug. Haven't your heard? It's all about that guy in Nevada now.

Civil rights act

Welfare reform

Ended slavery

Deposed a cruel dictator in Iraq

Eliminated Al Qaeda in Afghanistan

Ended the Cold War

Sarah Palin nailed down Ukraine while Romney (now obviously) had the right idea with Detroit. These two are more of "what may have been".

This churn still confounds me. It seems there are a lot of folks who could benefit by living in the spirit of Tecumseh:

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

Trouble no one about their religion;respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.

Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place.

Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living.

If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.

Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

AFTiger......all those are good things but let's keep it recent or the Dems will come out of the woodwork.

They will cite social security, medicaid and medicare but because of poor design, those programs are headed for disaster. and will take he country with them. Obamacare has made them worse.

Well they sued the IRS today.That's recent and a dayum good thing IYAM. The IRS should be abolished and a flat tax with no deductions or loopholes enacted. Everybody pay the same rate. The rich will pay more taxes because it puts an end to their legal maneuvers to avoid it.

No, criticizing does nothing. You have to suggest better policy.

Do you really trust the people who brought you Iran/Contra to get to the bottom of Fast and Furious?

No, criticizing does nothing. You have to suggest better policy.

Do you really trust the people who brought you Iran/Contra to get to the bottom of Fast and Furious?

Could you put a finer point on that question? Are you suggesting it is the very same people? If not, your question is a useless hypothetical question that attempts to relive past failures as if that has any bearing on the current mess.

Since we're posing hypotheticals...Do you really trust the people who brought you slavery, the KKK and Jim Crow laws to remedy the evils of racism in America.?

See how ridiculous that is?

Sarah Palin nailed down Ukraine while Romney (now obviously) had the right idea with Detroit. These two are more of "what may have been".

You can't be serious.

You can't be serious.

Why not? Both were chastised for their remarks - then guess what.... Both of these were/are being mishandled. Would have been nice if our current admin would have listened instead of playing the "They're Crazy" card.

Deposed a cruel dictator in Iraq? Seriously? You want to take credit for that? Who do you expect to show their gratitude for that one?

Deposed a cruel dictator in Iraq? Seriously? You want to take credit for that? Who do you expect to show their gratitude for that one?

Let me guess. In your world a dictator that gases 4000 of his own people should be honored rather than deposed? And again, the decision to go there was backed by Congressional approval, a UN Resolution and over 50 allies. Seems most wanted SH removed from power. Check that, it seems everybody but you wanted SH removed form power,.

Let me guess. In your world a dictator that gases 4000 of his own people should be honored rather than deposed? And again, the decision to go there was backed by Congressional approval, a UN Resolution and over 50 allies. Seems most wanted SH removed from power. Check that, it seems everybody but you wanted SH removed form power,.

Really? You want to hang your hat on Congress and 50 allies? Go ask Dick Armie how he feels. Go ask our allies how they feel. You want to sweep the "weapons of mass destruction" and "ties to Al Queda" under the rug? How politically convenient. Whether you want to recognize it or not, part of our foreign policy problems now, are related to the trust issues created by the lies of the former administration.

Really? You want to hang your hat on Congress and 50 allies? Go ask Dick Armie how he feels. Go ask our allies how they feel. You want to sweep the "weapons of mass destruction" and "ties to Al Queda" under the rug? How politically convenient. Whether you want to recognize it or not, part of our foreign policy problems now, are related to the trust issues created by the lies of the former administration.

He had weapons of mass destruction and he used them on his own people but, you g'head and criticize everything every republican administration has ever done. It seems odd to me, for a guy that claims he isn't a democrat, I dont think I have ever seen a critical post from you about democrats which is understandable. There's precious little time for that considering how much time as you spend criticizing republicans. Things always seem clear in hindsight and you're a master of second guessing every republican action from that vantage point. Good for you. :hellyeah:

He had weapons of mass destruction and he used them on his own people but, you g'head and criticize everything every republican administration has ever done. It seems odd to me, for a guy that claims he isn't a democrat, I dont think I have ever seen a critical post from you about democrats which is understandable. There's precious little time for that considering how much time as you spend criticizing republicans. Things always seem clear in hindsight and you're a master of second guessing every republican action from that vantage point. Good for you. :hellyeah:

He had? No, no. That's not what the Bush administration told the world. They said he HAS weapons of mass destruction, not he had them (big difference both semantically and factually). I didn't criticize every Republican administration and, I didn't criticize every policy. Stick to the facts Blue (I know you have a difficult time with that). I criticized the Bush administration for a specific lie.

I wouldnt rush to take credit for Iraq. It was just another war where the military was committed to win, politicians used it as a wedge issue and the American population quickly lost focus in lieu of another shiny object.

This is a fantastic read on military-civil relationship during the evolution of the war:

414e7elTUXL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"The Bush administration made the decision to go to war in Iraq with a limited number of troops despite significant dissent within the army. The subsequent insurgency and civil war killed or wounded more than 30,000 American servicemen and women as the administration and Gens. Casey and Abizaid continued a failed policy. But changing political conditions can also affect generalship. By 2007 with the Democrats taking control of both houses of Congress, Bush was so weakened politically that Petraeus, the savvy new commander in Iraq, could significantly change policy in ways that his predecessors could not for lack of insight, will or political ability."

Archived